Reem would beat Jones

What's yours? They weren't going to fight in PRIDE, it was like 4 years after pride was done.

So he didnt care about steroid usage in Pride, but wanted Reem to get specific testing afterwards?

Would've loved to have seen it.

Big F6.

So he didnt care about steroid usage in Pride, but wanted Reem to get specific testing afterwards?

Did you know PRIDE had events in America with drug testing? A whole bunch of fighters failed. Fedor didn't.

When they fought in Strikeforce, they were bound to drug testing, and could ask for contracts with enhanced testing. Fedor wanted the enhanced testing contract but Reem refused.

I like how you continually gloss over that. Fedor agreed, Reem didn't. But whatever helps you sleep at night with your seething anger that a fighter exists and has fans.

laughing-black.gif

55/45 Jones at their primes.

In their primes:
The grappling cancels each other out mostly, but Overeem is way heavier. If he lands on top, Jones has a problem. Same to Overeem, his guard game isn't the best.

Overeems weakness are hard punchers. Which Jones is not.

That leaves Overeem with better hands and Ko power + those knees. Both have a lot of tools.
I think Overeem walks him down and forces an attack to counter.
Jones only has a kick Ko Chance and can win via cardio, really bad matchup for him.

That's why Overeem always talked super confident about their training and Jones never wanted to talk about that.
If they trained with headgear, Overeem literally could walk him down and unleash.

Ubereem smokes him, any other version of overeem loses.

Ubereem would absolutely destroy Jones. Horrible match up for Jones.

the same reem ngannou shadowrealmed? ok buddy
bodybuilders don't win fights, born killers do

PRIME UBEREEM, horse meat eating, trap bar trappin', K1' SMashing Champion, Cro Cop Sack Shottin, is one of the most vicious HW MMA/Kickboxing fighter ever to live. If this is pre-USADA, he has a real shot at taking out Jones. but it's all just fantasy in the end.

UFC's Demolition Man was very good at finding ways to lose. And Jones is great at finding a way to win.
But when I read shit like "Jones would pick him apart at range" I can only sigh.

Naw, I like Overeem as much as the next guy, but he wouldn't beat Jones and neither would Ubereem. Jon would pick him apart from the outside and get him tired. But if he landed one of his patented leg kicks...we might have a fight on our hands.

Didn’t Overeem used to pummel Jon in training? I recall controversy over the fact that Reem was beating him up to the point that it created problems.

Reem is obviously done at this point. But if we dialed it back to ~2011 Overeem… I’d have my money on The Demolition Man.

PRIME UBEREEM, horse meat eating, trap bar trappin', K1' SMashing Champion, Cro Cop Sack Shottin, is one of the most vicious HW MMA/Kickboxing fighter ever to live. If this is pre-USADA, he has a real shot at taking out Jones. but it's all just fantasy in the end.

Agreed.

Reem got KO'd by shogun in 1 round in 2007 (actually lost to shogun twice)

4 years later Shogun got the ufc LHW belt..... and Jones sonned him on his first defense.
Shogun was juiced and that was why he was suddenly out of his prime as soon as he signed with the ufc.

Reem is a lifetime natty.

Back