Ref called fight because opponent ran away

Bullshit stoppage IMO, we have seen worse

I saw a fight between two Ammy's in Pennsylvania where a fighter didn't throw a single punch. Not one single punch. The fight mercifully ended in 1:13 by TKO after the opposition said "eff it" and steamrolled the guy.

I think that fights should be stopped due to lack of engagement. Why step in to compete if you aren't going to actively engage in a fight?

I think that fights should be stopped due to lack of engagement. Why step in to compete if you aren't going to actively engage in a fight?
Maybe if you are trying to lull your opponent into a false sense of security e.g. Minowaman vs Sokodjou

I saw a fight between two Ammy's in Pennsylvania where a fighter didn't throw a single punch. Not one single punch. The fight mercifully ended in 1:13 by TKO after the opposition said "eff it" and steamrolled the guy.

Thats not really what is happening here though, unless im missing the context, im assuming this is right at the start of the round, he gets rocked and looks like he is running to recover.

good reffing.

I've seen a few fights stopped because a fighter refused to engage, but it certainly is rare.

No one even read the article. The guy who ran away WON .. not lost.

A male stripper fought a juiced up body builder in an MMA fight, Male stripper spent most of the fight running away and refusing to engage so the ref called the fight off, official result was DQ (timidity).

My story was one I don't get to tell often, and was used as an example of not having the will to fight.

My point is, there is a difference between "rope a dope" and evacuation. If you're trying to feign hurt, that's one thing, but running away is something entirely different.

Thats not really what is happening here though, unless im missing the context, im assuming this is right at the start of the round, he gets rocked and looks like he is running to recover.

No, the guy running away won the fight by doctor's stoppage in Round 2 because the guy punching was too exhausted to continue.

What you are seeing in the video was the guy running away and the ref stopping it because the bell rung for the end of the round.

No, the guy running away won the fight by doctor's stoppage in Round 2 because the guy punching was too exhausted to continue.

What you are seeing in the video was the guy running away and the ref stopping it because the bell rung for the end of the round.

That seams to be what the article said.

That seams to be what the article said.
The original article was completely wrong and stated that the fighter who was running away lost by referee stoppage. It's been edited since this thread was created.

Back