News Reinier de Ridder no longer undefeated, move to UFC in jeopardy

then he ate 4 huge unnecessary hammer fists from a guy built like a fridge, that might take years off his life.
I hear that a lot, is it really like that? Can a hard fight literally take years of your life/career?

Yea um, he'll never be the same after that one.

I hear that a lot, is it really like that? Can a hard fight literally take years of your life/career?

So there's a level of brain damage known as TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) that is formally distinguished from concussions. It is commonly received from falls, gunshots, car accidents etc. Brain damage of this kind is expected on average to reduce life expectancy by 8-9 years. If it is only a difference in degree and other, milder traumas cumulate in similar degeneration of functionality, it certainly seems possible.

So there's a level of brain damage known as TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) that is formally distinguished from concussions. It is commonly received from falls, gunshots, car accidents etc. Brain damage of this kind is expected on average to reduce life expectancy by 8-9 years. If it is only a difference in degree and other, milder traumas cumulate in similar degeneration of functionality, it certainly seems possible.
It’s clear that getting KTFO or being in JBG wars isn’t contributing to your health, but that really sucks man.
I hope Reinier is okay, he got carried out of the octagon on a stretcher

Any idea what alcohol does?
3 years ago on vacation with my friends I blacked out in a club after drinking way to much vodka in a short period of time.
My friends carried me home and when I woke up the other day I felt terrible, but just for one day and then I was all good again, but I really hope I didn’t shorten my life with that one crazy night in Mallorca lol<45>

He lost to a interim HW champ ,the UFC would still snatch de rudder in a heartbeat

It’s clear that getting KTFO or being in JBG wars isn’t contributing to your health, but that really sucks man.
I hope Reinier is okay, he got carried out of the octagon with a stretcher

For sure man, that Anatoly guy can really crack! I am sure there's a lot of potential for recovery and their is a continuum between mild and Traumatic, this is all just my own cursory googling, so I implore you look into it if you're curious/concerned about it.

If dude sticks to 85 he’ll be fine. It’s easy winning against bigger dudes on the minors but a heavyweight in the second biggest org lol

Fuck, I don't have long left to live then.

He was trying to make up for being smaller and weaker by being slower also. It was bad.

"vote Dreyga2000 for poster of the year"

I would rather vote for @D 1 Wrestler

nice and informative thread TS, the UFC should sign the other guy instead
sam-wilson-hes-out-of-line-but-hes-right.gif

Of course.

Lawler and Rory were never the same after what they did to each other.

well it's never good to almost die right before your UFC arrival

I guess its sherbro science, but taking extra blows often might actually do it or at the very least take some quality out of those latter years away.

Back