Remember when Dan hardy called Marcus Davis a Fake Irishman?

Because people want to make it about race. Get it? There's no race involved in a white Englishman calling a white American a fake Irishman. If Du Plessis was black there'd be no controversy for people to latch on to.

The difference is that Adesanya is black and Du Plessis is white.

If Adesanya said this to a black guy, no one would have cared. But people are noticing the double standards and if De Plessis had said something racist back at Adesanya, he would have been drug through the mud by liberals and the media.

We are pretty much living in the special victim olympics.

Yea I was thinking last night that this actually would have been a great angle for a rivalry if it had been a black guy instead of DDP.

Semantically? No. I'd certainly call him African. And I'd easily say he's the richest man from Africa. "Africa's" is possessive and implies present tense. And I wouldn't categorize significant wealth leading to uber wealth in a system of largely unregulated capitalism a "success story," some that's not really what that phrase is intended for

You wouldn’t call creating a financially sustainable electric vehicle company after people had been trying to failing for years, then starting a private rocket company to help get NASA back in track, a “success story?”

Some people worry way too much about how the pie is divided and not nearly enough about how large that pie is growing and why.

Semantically? No. I'd certainly call him African. And I'd easily say he's the richest man from Africa. "Africa's" is possessive and implies present tense. And I wouldn't categorize significant wealth leading to uber wealth in a system of largely unregulated capitalism a "success story," some that's not really what that phrase is intended for
So yeah, that's why there's validity to DDP differentiating his (potential) achievement.
Just because he's a prick it doesn't mean he's not successful.

If that’s what he identified as and/or proudly born, lived, and created his wealth while being in Africa. I guess that’s up to him. Would you call Izzy the dominant Chinese fighter in the ufc?
Well he didn't create his wealth in Africa did he, nor does he live there. That's the point.

I thought the "Irish hand grenade" nickname was more inflammatory. No pun intended.

That part I do agree with. It was always going to end badly just by even bringing that up. It was definitely a shot at Izzy, but now it's in weird territory that we really didn't need to explore.
It was only brought up because Izzy brought it up. Ddp never said anything about him apart from the fact he will be the only African champion that was born and actually lives in aftica. That’s just a fact. Izzy was the one who threw racial slurs first by calling him a cracker and say he will drag his carcas across South Africa. So who’s the real racist one? Ddp not only let Izzy show his true racial colors, but also proved that Izzy lets his emotions cloud the way of logic and facts. He played the role of “ I live in 2023, and I’m a victim card. That’s not how a gentleman acts. That’s what a little kid who has no class, manners and spoiled says.

If I was ddp, he should flip the narrative back and attack Izzy’s character of a man and gentleman

It was only brought up because Izzy brought it up. Ddp never said anything about him apart from the fact he will be the only African champion that was born and actually lives in aftica. That’s just a fact. Izzy was the one who threw racial slurs first by calling him a cracker and say he will drag his carcas across South Africa. So who’s the real racist one? Ddp not only let Izzy show his true racial colors, but also proved that Izzy lets his emotions cloud the way of logic and facts. He played the role of “ I live in 2023, and I’m a victim card. That’s not how a gentleman acts. That’s what a little kid who has no class, manners and spoiled says.

If I was ddp, he should flip the narrative back and attack Izzy’s character of a man and gentleman

I'm aware. I've been defending DDP's statement on here.

But I believe Izzy took offense to how his interview was framed and went with the clickbait of "DDP implies Izzy, Ngannou are fake Africans" instead of what was actually said.

However, after DDP cleared that up it should have been dead. He specifically came out and said he'd never used the terminology the article was claiming and that he never said any of those guys weren't African. Izzy is the one now who wants to insist it's about race when it never was in the first place.

I'm aware. I've been defending DDP's statement on here.

But I believe Izzy took offense to how his interview was framed and went with the clickbait of "DDP implies Izzy, Ngannou are fake Africans" instead of what was actually said.

However, after DDP cleared that up it should have been dead. He specifically came out and said he'd never used the terminology the article was claiming and that he never said any of those guys weren't African. Izzy is the one now who wants to insist it's about race when it never was in the first place.

which shows who the real racist one is

Who cares what the majority skin colour is? He's fighting out of Africa, the others aren't. Maybe he could have worded it better but that's just a fact.
Well then maybe he should have kept his statement about where he’s from geared towards himself as he absolutely wouldn’t have done that to a fighter of a different descent. It’s disrespect that has nothing whatsoever to do with mma. Cultural disrespect Once the door is open for cultural disrespect people only see the loudest foulest mouth. Look at the whole picture

Who cares what the majority skin colour is? He's fighting out of Africa, the others aren't. Maybe he could have worded it better but that's just a fact.
In regards to the majority skin color nobody told him fighting out of Africa was a bad thing nor living in South Africa. Izzy in fact lived in China. Notice the hypocrisy when I ask you how silly would Izzy be for screaming he’s the real Chinese amongst actual Chinamen.

DDP was the one who originally brought up the African thing. He said Israel, Kamaru and Francis were not real African champs because they left Africa. Said he was the real African because he still lives and trains there. This clearly has upset izzy
He said he would be the first real African champion because he still lives and trains there whilst the others did not. I mean it's technically true, there is nothing racist about what he said. Izzy is the one who brought race into it because Izzy is a racist.

In regards to the majority skin color nobody told him fighting out of Africa was a bad thing nor living in South Africa. Izzy in fact lived in China. Notice the hypocrisy when I ask you how silly would Izzy be for screaming he’s the real Chinese amongst actual Chinamen.
I'm absolutely lost what point you're trying to make with this China thing. Are you trying to say DDP isn't a real African, or it'd be silly for Israel to claim he's from NZ?

See how many people are shitting on Discus though?

Excuse me but Yushin Okami was never a big MW.

Fought half his career at WW never missing weight.

Weighted-in at soft 200lbs with clothes on for a week-notice LHW bout vs OSP.

A below average MW by today standards.

upload_2023-7-6_10-27-50-png.989812

Huge head though

People are fucking soft these days. I'm sure people were mad that an Englishmen appropriated a mohawk from Native American culture. I don't get why anyone cares about any of it. People got mad at Cejudo cause he said he's an American of Mexican decent. If these things bother you it's cause you don't have any real problems in your life.

facts-straight.gif

Back