Reminder: Anderson Silva had some "meh" fights too

Anderson along with BJ are two of the most overrated fighters in mma

I don't think Izzy is taking much heat for this fight, most are saying it's Romero. Every champ has boring fights, GSP, Silva, Jones.

Yeah and Izzy has defended the belt once and arguably lost that fight. Let's not compare him to SIlva, fuck.

I know the fight wasn't exactly exciting, but people also need to realize that at the very highest level, fights like these absolutely happen from time to time.

None of the guys Anderson had those snooze-fests with (not that i think it taints his legacy really) are nearly as dangerous/good as Romero either, by the way.

Hard to find anyone who hasn't had an off night or two. MMA is one of the best examples of human fallibility in action; you can have the baddest motherfucker in there and his dog dying during training could make him lose.

Anderson was dominant vs Cote, Leites and Maia. Israel arguably lost. Big difference.

Anderson looked like shit in every fight that somebody didn't play ball with him, like Bisping pointed out.

Same thing happened last night.

Belfort.
Henderson
Leben
Marquardt
Irvin
Chael
Forrest
Rivera
Murray

Adesanya is the same dude that had a foty candidate with Kelvin and knocked out Whittaker in 2 rounds in his last 2 fights.

Romero ruin guys. Izzy came out unscratched and with the W.

You guys need to chill. His next one will be fun.

Yeah 2 years and 6 fights in to his title reign. Your fap boi adesanya is boring as fuck. deal with it.

O5UxSiB.jpg

Silva/Leites was like 7 fights deep into Silva's reign and Silva had built an insane highlight reel in title fights already by then.

Adesanya hasn't built up that kind of legacy to be guarded or immune to blowback over a dud.

Anderson got eviscerated for his boring fights, which isn't out of pocket for a fighter hyped for their exciting performances.

I dont blame anyone for mitigating their risk but then the obvious consequence is less reward.

All of which chased him and got countered

Rigghhhtt..

So when they fought tentatively and stood there they were playing right into his game

When they went at him and got stopped they were playing into his game

How about maybe anderson silva was just really good for a long time?

Rigghhhtt..

So when they fought tentatively and stood there they were playing right into his game

When they went at him and got stopped they were playing into his game

How about maybe anderson silva was just really good for a long time?

Until he got figured out, he never used to attack anyone he used to just dance around and move his hands, then counter when they would attack.

He was still great regardless but he seriously crushed some cans, generic brawlers, 1 after the other, I think everyone knew he was losing the first Weidman fight after his performance in the first fight with Chael because Weidman could strike as well as wrestle the shit out of him.

All I was pointing is out is that if you don't attack these counter stylists you get fights last night, it's not a new thing.

funny how some people try t put this guy in top 3 p4p fighters xD

Adesanya is the same dude that had a foty candidate with Kelvin and knocked out Whittaker in 2 rounds in his last 2 fights.

Romero ruin guys. Izzy came out unscratched and with the W.

You guys need to chill. His next one will be fun.
Anderson Silva went 3 rounds with Izzy after a broken leg and grey facial hair.

Back