[REMINDER] If Woodley vs Thompson II goes like the first fight Woodley would take it 47-46 or 48-46

Have a fighter "backed up" won't matter anymore with the new criteria, please watch the video I posted above

Agression, octagon control, pressure etc won't matter anymore, just effective striking and effective grappling

If aggression is no longer scored you ever consider maybe Wonderboy might fight differently?

If aggression is no longer scored you ever consider maybe Wonderboy might fight differently?

He'll fight differently but he is not as good as Woodley at waiting the opportunity to land the big shot, he needs to put the pressure to have a chance

He'll fight differently but he is not as good as Woodley at waiting the opportunity to land the big shot, he needs to put the pressure to have a chance

No he doesn't. He could jab Woodley from the outside all day long just like Rory did.

REMINDER: Wonderboy was exposed by Woodley. Woodley beat the shit outta him. Woodley should be fighting Maia. A rematch is nonsense.

Woodley spent way too much of that fight doing nothing.

As opposed to Thompson? I can't remember one single thing that Wonderboy did the entire fight. I do however remember Woodley almost knocking him into the next decade.

As opposed to Thompson? I can't remember one single thing that Wonderboy did the entire fight. I do however remember Woodley almost knocking him into the next decade.

I was just talking about this in a different thread earlier. Woodley almost finishing WB shut out most of the memory of the rest of the fight. People forget that WB clearly won 3 of 5 rounds and that 10-8 round was the only thing keeping that belt around his waist.

That 10-8 was so big that thats all people remember from the fight. It happens all the time.

I was just talking about this in a different thread earlier. Woodley almost finishing WB shut out most of the memory of the rest of the fight. People forget that WB clearly won 3 of 5 rounds and that 10-8 round was the only thing keeping that belt around his waist.

That 10-8 was so big that thats all people remember from the fight. It happens all the time.

It's all people remember because other than the near KO, neither guy really did much. I think Tyron went for a submission after he had Thompson hurt. Other than those two things the fight was relatively uneventful. I mean I guess you could score rounds for Wonderboy but based on what? He seemed just as passive as Woodley throughout much of the fight. In a fight like that it's the big moments that should earn the win and those moments were clearly Woodleys.

It's all people remember because other than the near KO, neither guy really did much. I think Tyron went for a submission after he had Thompson hurt. Other than those two things the fight was relatively uneventful. I mean I guess you could score rounds for Wonderboy but based on what? He seemed just as passive as Woodley throughout much of the fight. In a fight like that it's the big moments that should earn the win and those moments were clearly Woodleys.

I dont want to get into who i think won and why because it will be an endless debate since it was a draw but WB was tagging him up repeatedly similar Rory vs Woodley in 3 of the 5 rounds.

Though you make a solid case that it may have drawn attention away from how competitve the fight actually was but it was still the most important part of the fight.

The way i saw it was similar to Gus vs Jones round 4, Woodley got close to a finish but WB spent more time winning.

Back