Rener Gracie got Ortega on a leash?

Same amount of accomplishments you have.
I'm not peddling myself based on my dad's name or my students accomplishments as a result of my own families lack of accomplishments in mma though

But yea pretty sad same amount as belts as me is right loll

I'm not peddling myself based on my dad's name or my students accomplishments as a result of my own families lack of accomplishments in mma though

But yea pretty sad same amount as belts as me is right loll
It’s a family business called Gracie academy that teaches BJJ. Where do you see Gracie MMA academy?

How can you fault a family business making money?

This is dumb. Where would tiger woods be without his dad or coaches , therefore his dad or coach should follow him around to press conferences and interviews? Of Rener was an elite coach Ortega would be one of many, instead he lucked out that Ortega is a freak
Rener coached Ortega free of charge from what I gather. He wasn't a father of Ortega or a hired coach when he gave the boy free lessons. I think Ortega's success should be of great benefit to Rener. Ortega seems to agree with me.

Rener coached Ortega free of charge from what I gather. He wasn't a father of Ortega or a hired coach when he gave the boy free lessons. I think Ortega's success should be of great benefit to Rener. Ortega seems to agree with me.

ortega got outgrappled by guida and won with a knee, he beat frankie with strikes. He should be tanking his striking coach

Kids in the u.s. get free education. Very few are Einstein. While it is awesome rener looked after him while he was struggling, he dedicated himself to the craft. He became the best. He learned how to strike. He grinded. This is not a testament to the Gracie’s generosity, Brian deserves all the credit.

You underestimate the importance of a good teacher, mayne.

A good teacher has many great students. A good student doesn’t need a good teacher. Which one is applicable?

A good student will not amount to much without proper training. There are those few students, however, that can teach themselves things. I just don't think jiu jitsu is one of those fields where you can teach yourself to greatness.

I am sure the behind most great minds and athletes there was mentor. Humans have gotten to where we are now because we pass on information from generation to generation.

Understanding Rener + Brian's long time friendship:

Last edited:
Back