Law Rep. Ilhan Omar asks judge for compassion in ISIS recruit sentencing

What a crock of shit.

They willingly were going to join one of the most vicious terrorist groups in the planet and she is worried they will be marginalized or radicalized in prison further?

Don't see a lot of 60 year old jihadis or martyrs...

Give them the fucking max.

Jesus Christ, the number of closeted G/B black dudes. The only ones who are usually open about it or even feel like they can be are, for some reason, full blown flamboyant queens of upper (or upper-middle) class socioeconomic status like Magic Johnson's fruit cake kid. SAD!

Is it really a bad thing to be closeted?

I wish people would view sex as none of your fucking business.

Is it really a bad thing to be closeted?

Discreet? That's preferable but not the same thing. It's the sociocultural stigma that's bad. When you can't be honest with the people in your direct circles and/or live out a double life, that's bad. Most people don't or wouldn't act any damn different at all in any other way. At the most basic level, it's really as simple as 'ask me and I'll tell you' or 'bring it up and I'll mention it'.

I wish people would view sex as none of your fucking business.

The problem is, the state and society at large tended to care and preemptively made it the public's business in a very hostile way depending until really, extremely recently. There were actual laws dictating what people of consenting age could and couldn't legally do in their sex lives. That's... pretty insane and tyrannical tbh. It was like this for centuries upon centuries.

The religious side. Know allot of black folk?
Or Hispanic? Asian? MENA Muslim? Uhm, actually just about every single racial, ethnic or religious minority is quite easily more homophobic within their own communities and treat their LGB people worse than white people do theirs, even if they're Christians.

Guys, this thread is about a specific congresswomen, and it has also become a discussion of how we should judge homophobia. You both seem to want to judge people’s attitudes by their membership in religious or ethnic groups. I’m not down with that. As I told @SBJJ , I will judge Congress people by how they VOTE on these issues.

I’m just going to leave this here. HRC Congressional scorecard on Equality issues. These are attitudes put into action through votes.

https://assets2.hrc.org/files/assets/resources/114thCongressionalScorecard.pdf

As you can see, almost every Democrat on the list has a score of 80 or better based on their VOTES. Most Republicans have failing scores.

Both sides are not the same on these issues.

These are facts.

It’s telling that she’s willing to show that much thoughtful compassion for ISIS recruits but took the exact opposite, mindless lynch mob approach when it came to the Covington kids. No calls for compassion, empathy or understanding there.

Who the fuck voted this radical in?

Does her district only comprise of Somalis ?

As long as there was no smirking involved from these Adult men I think that is a reasonable request from this leftist.

Guys, this thread is about a specific congresswomen, and it has also become a discussion of how we should judge homophobia. You both seem to want to judge people’s attitudes by their membership in religious or ethnic groups. I’m not down with that. As I told @SBJJ , I will judge Congress people by how they VOTE on these issues.

I’m just going to leave this here. HRC Congressional scorecard on Equality issues. These are attitudes put into action through votes.

As you can see, almost every Democrat on the list has a score of 80 or better based on their VOTES. Most Republicans have failing scores.

These are facts.

I hear you. I'm a social libertarian. I want to live in a society where people can be racists, and bigots, and gay, and anarchists, and even dirty bankers. I wonder these days if equality hasn't become something that goes beyond equal treatment of citizens by the government. That it has become about legislating social equality. I'm personally not in support of social engineering.

These are facts.

So glad you posted that.

Please actually read what it says. While some of those Bills/amendments were important. Many were stupid!

How bout FORCING ALL schools to accept any kid NO matter what their sexual orientation or GENDER.

Come on man.

Where i vehemently disagree with the repukes is on SS/death benefits of same sex marriages

Same Sex married couples should enjoy any/all the benefits of hetero couples

But someone voting no on a bill that would force a Catholic school to accept transgender kids is a sane person. Should Harvard be forced to accept stupid people?

Who the fuck voted this radical in?

Does her district only comprise of Somalis ?

Apologies to @Fronk and @Son of Jamin in advance but her district in Minnesota is actually 67%+ white. Now here's the Swedish-American diaspora in the United States. See those really, really dark red areas? That's Minnesota! :mad:

450px-Swedish_Americans_2000_Census.svg.png

<36>

vikings.png

These are facts.

I know that, I'm not defending the GOP. I'm an independent that in tangible terms could be described as a Dem for the most part. I support the trade war with China for more reasons than people can even count - the future of our country is on the line - and have laid out exactly why. That doesn't make me a Trump or GOP supporter.

I hear you. I'm a social libertarian. I want to live in a society where people can be racists, and bigots, and gay, and anarchists, and even dirty bankers. I wonder these days if equality hasn't become something that goes beyond equal treatment of citizens by the government. That it has become about legislating social equality. I'm personally not in support of social engineering.

So glad you posted that.

Please actually read what it says. While some of those Bills/amendments were important. Many were stupid!

How bout FORCING ALL schools to accept any kid NO matter what their sexual orientation or GENDER.

Come on man.

Where i vehemently disagree with the repukes is on SS/death benefits of same sex marriages

Same Sex married couples should enjoy any/all the benefits of hetero couples

But someone voting no on a bill that would force a Catholic school to accept transgender kids is a sane person. Should Harvard be forced to accept stupid people?

Don't worry, it isn't as crazy as hysterical people make it out to be and there is a lot of discretion left to invididual states that doesn't come top down from the Feds. People are all pissed off about banning conversion therapy for minors. Well, guess what? There's still 35 other states where you can go try and force your kid into changing their sexual orientation.

Can you in all honestly say this constitutes a "protected class"? Because people can fuck without being subject to criminal charges, marry the person they love and adopt kids? Seriously? You'd have to be radically homophobic to feel that way. Most of this stuff is actually totally irrelevant and unnecessary on a personal level because it would require having any idea but I digress.

LGBT.png

And this was literally fucking crazy even if hithero unenforced in a lot of instances. How were such laws actively on the books well into the 2000s? This is about consenting adults. As said: really, extremely recent.

LTX.png

Guys, this thread is about a specific congresswomen, and it has also become a discussion of how we should judge homophobia.

We should be talking about China and industrial tech.

https://www.brown.senate.gov/newsro...on-against-china-calls-for-long-term-strategy

WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) welcomed news that the Trump Administration is taking steps to crack down on China’s violation of intellectual property laws today. Still, Brown said a long-term strategy is needed to reset our trade imbalance with China. Brown is urging the Administration to take additional steps under the China 301 case to reform the World Trade Organization and implement his bipartisan bill to screen foreign investments in the United States to ensure they support American jobs.

https://www.brown.senate.gov/newsro...and-long-term-changes-needed-to-stop-cheating

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) urged President Trump to stand firm in efforts to address the U.S. trade imbalance with China. In a letter, Brown outlined specific policy ideas the President should demand in order address the root causes of the trade imbalance and put a stop to China’s cheating.

“It is important that these talks secure the structural changes necessary to reset U.S.-China trade relations and achieve a level playing field for U.S. workers and companies over the long-term,” wrote Brown.“ China is skilled at engaging in dialogue without making meaningful commitments or following through on promises that are made. I am hopeful these talks will achieve tangible results for U.S. workers.”

:)

What a crock of shit.

They willingly were going to join one of the most vicious terrorist groups in the planet and she is worried they will be marginalized or radicalized in prison further?

Don't see a lot of 60 year old jihadis or martyrs...

Give them the fucking max.

You don't see them because they stay on their asses inside while their women do all the work, and call them pussies for not pushing the button on the allah vest.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/re...-men-accused-of-trying-to-join-isis-resurface

Embattled congressional freshman Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., once asked a judge to show leniency toward a group of Minnesota men accused of trying to join the Islamic State terror group.

“The best deterrent to fanaticism is a system of compassion," she wrote at the time. "We must alter our attitude and approach; if we truly want to effect change, we should refocus our efforts on inclusion and rehabilitation."

One of the men in particular, Abdirahman Yasin Daud, was facing over 30 years in prison for trying to join the terrorist group. He admitted in court that he wasn’t trying to enter Syria on humanitarian grounds, but rather to participate in the activities of ISIS.

“I was not going there to pass out medical kits or food. I was going strictly to fight and kill on behalf of the Islamic State.”

— Abdirahman Yasin Daud

Muslims will side with Islam over the USA.

Change my mind

PRETTY sure there's already a thread on this topic

Muslims dont care about the country that saved their weak refugee ass. They are loyal to the death(pedo)cult. There is no chance of integrating muslims in to the west. Globalist politicians have imported a future civil war. At the same time weaking the western males with all the tranny non binary gender bullshit. Its fucked. Our ancestors wish they never fought for us now:(

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/re...-men-accused-of-trying-to-join-isis-resurface

Embattled congressional freshman Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., once asked a judge to show leniency toward a group of Minnesota men accused of trying to join the Islamic State terror group.

“The best deterrent to fanaticism is a system of compassion," she wrote at the time. "We must alter our attitude and approach; if we truly want to effect change, we should refocus our efforts on inclusion and rehabilitation."

One of the men in particular, Abdirahman Yasin Daud, was facing over 30 years in prison for trying to join the terrorist group. He admitted in court that he wasn’t trying to enter Syria on humanitarian grounds, but rather to participate in the activities of ISIS.

Muslims will side with Islam over the USA.

Change my mind

I don't think that's entirely fair. These people are her constituents, and she's acting in a manner that is right in line with the common thinking on the Left in regards to this subject. She just also happens to be a Muslim.

Stay classy Mr.Omar!

Back