International Republicans and Democrats differ in how they feel support should be given to Ukraine vs Israel

1984 should we required reading. It seems so easy to cajole Americans to support war, or assuage them into believing it's okay, or warranted, even by those individuals who claim to be "anti war"

No, it wasn't what a fucking retarded comparison.
Well, certainly the situation in Palestine is much worse and has been going on for a longer period of time, but the lengths at which people like you go to completely ignore what was happening in the Donbas after 2014 to the people in that region is pretty wild. Just completely ignoring the plight of Eastern Ukrainians when even the UN acknowledged it.

Well, certainly the situation in Palestine is much worse and has been going on for a longer period of time, but the lengths at which people like you go to completely ignore what was happening in the Donbas after 2014 to the people in that region is pretty wild. Just completely ignoring the plight of Eastern Ukrainians when even the UN acknowledged it.

Eastern Ukrainians could vote and have all the same rights as other Ukrainians until Russia invaded, then they lost their right to vote and now live in a dictatorship that forcefully recruits them to send to the meatgrinder.

I'm labeled a Right winger on Ukraine/Russia and a Left winger on Palestine/Israel. Go figure.

Political ideologies are stupid, have your own opinions.

On Ukraine somehow the left completely ignores the plight of the Eastern Ukrainians and what they've been subjected to from the Ukrainian government. They act like this wasn't even happening. That doesn't mean I support Russia's tactics, just like I don't support the tactics of Hamas.
Russia, while still the villain, is not as bad at any level as Hamas.

It would be great to stop supporting all of them financially and just send sympathy and empathy.

It would be great to stop supporting all of them financially and just send sympathy and empathy.

It would be great but we signed an agreement with Ukraine in order for them to give up their nukes. Russia also signed that agreement but they clearly didn't care about honoring it.

I guess we could also say fuck it and ignore are agreement with them as well but who knows what kind of damage that would do in the future if we want to sign agreements with other countries. They can either point to Ukraine and say "You didn't honor that agreement" Or they can look at Ukraine and say "Well they honored that agreement so we can trust them to honor this one".

"War doesn't know nuance" is an idiotic statement.

You think US funding of Israel is even remotely near what Iran gives Hamas? Hamas are ants, this is asymmetrical warfare. Palestinians have been getting ethnically cleansed since 1947.

Israeli's celebrate the killing of Palestinians all the time and mock them in the streets just the same. Whole entire families of Palestinians have BEEN getting wiped out for decades. Somehow you only care about one side when it's not even remotely equivalent in numbers.

BTW, you do realize that "40 babies beheaded" story was completely fake, right?

Diplomacy is nuanced, war is not.

I don't even know the 40 babies beheaded story. Fake News is really owned by Leftists.

It would be great but we signed an agreement with Ukraine in order for them to give up their nukes. Russia also signed that agreement but they clearly didn't care about honoring it.

I guess we could also say fuck it and ignore are agreement with them as well but who knows what kind of damage that would do in the future if we want to sign agreements with other countries. They can either point to Ukraine and say "You didn't honor that agreement" Or they can look at Ukraine and say "Well they honored that agreement so we can trust them to honor this one".

Lol @ the US honoring treaties. Discredit yourself some more by responding!

Ukraine is a proxy war vs Russia is probably why.

I dont have enough info to give a real opinion/thought on the hamas/palaestine/israel situation and who supports who.
Just know that Hamas is fucking horrific and I cant support them

I don't even think Democrats will overly back Palestine over Israel. I am pretty sure the Democrats who criticize Israel will face opposition from their own party. There are more Jews in NYC than Tel Aviv and Jerusalem combined.

I suppose one is seen as optional and the other is a requirement. I guess the better question is would a Republican president back Ukraine if things were reversed.

Different news sources giving different narratives I guess?

People who support one and not the other are just idelogically inconsistent.

The corect position is to end all foreign aid, especially foreign military aid.

Good to see the democrat supporting the right for the people of those countries to arm themselves in Ukraine and Israel. Gotta stop being hypocrites when it comes to gun rights of the law abiding in this country.

I think the implications are obvious: Republicans just side with whoever has the most power,
If that was the case…. Wouldn’t republicans be cheering for Russia???

Russia is more of an equivalent to Israel here. The powerful militaristic nation asserting control over their weaker neighbor.
Really??? Did Ukraine launch an initial attack on Russia?? If so when??

Back