[Research Project] 2 Minute Survey on Concussions in BJJ

Spladler

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm a Medical Student and a purple Belt in BJJ. I recently started a research project on concussions in BJJ. The hope is to get a baseline on how common concussions are in BJJ and to determine if they occur more commonly in certain groups (competitors vs hobbyists for example). I have seen this question asked on these forums before, so I think many people are interested in the answer.

To do this, we need as many BJJ practitioners as possible to fill out a quick 2 minute survey. I would truly appreciate anyone who takes a couple minutes to fill out the anonymous survey. If anybody is interested in learning more about the project or sending surveys to your gym please don't hesitate to send me a message.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/XTJCNMK

Never suffered a concussion in BJJ, only in wrestling. Did not give email addy.

With email address as the first question. Target marketing?

There is absolutely no marketing and you will never be sent anything. The email address is more to prevent multiple responses and keep the integrity of the data. It won't be used for any part of the research, I understand why you would be concerned though. The survey had to be approved by a Medical research board who's main job is to protect the safety of the participants. If you have any worries, feel free to contact me anytime.

Excellent nickname + 2009 join date = survey completed.

I just used a spam email address I have to complete the survey. Good luck with your project.

Is this the one that was on Reddit? I filled that one out. I'm still trying to figure out how that damn website works. I hate Reddit.

Excellent nickname + 2009 join date = survey completed.

Thank you very much. I have been a long time user of these forums even before I started BJJ, just never really posted. I'm always happy to find another fan of the spladle though.

Thank you very much. I have been a long time user of these forums even before I started BJJ, just never really posted. I'm always happy to find another fan of the spladle though.
The last splade I saw get hit in MMA was Al Iaquinta vs Myles Jury on TUF 15.

Back