Resident Evil 2

It's not broken, you just have to think on your feet to avoid/distract him. I can understand it getting annoying though. Most games give you a breather to do other things. RE2 just says fuck all that. It is what it is. It's goal is constant tension and danger. It's true survival horror. Adapt or die.
Yup, I feel like if he wasn’t in the game, backtracking the police station again would’ve been so monotonous, even with the added lickers.

Yup, I feel like if he wasn’t in the game, backtracking the police station again would’ve been so monotonous, even with the added lickers.

I feel the OP's frustration, though. You really have to be prepared to deal with a game like this, because it is just so relentless. It's not about little victories. You scrape and claw all the way to the end, and that's the whole point. Even the "Souls" series for as hard as it can be, has moments where you can breathe, and collect yourself. RE2 is just constantly on your ass, and if you don't like that, you won't like the game.

I feel the OP's frustration, though. You really have to be prepared to deal with a game like this, because it is just so relentless. It's not about little victories. You scrape and claw all the way to the end, and that's the whole point. Even the "Souls" series for as hard as it can be, has moments where you can breathe, and collect yourself. RE2 is just constantly on your ass, and if you don't like that, you won't like the game.
There are plenty of moments where you chill in the game. The last 3rd is especially just atmosphere, and chill mode.

But its probably front loaded with too much tension, and survival for some.

It's not broken, you just have to think on your feet to avoid/distract him. I can understand it getting annoying though. Most games give you a breather to do other things. RE2 just says fuck all that. It is what it is. It's goal is constant tension and danger. It's true survival horror. Adapt or die.

Yeah, i loved that it went back to the survival horror roots.
Thanks for understanding about it getting annoying. Thats all i was really saying.

Wished it had the same replay value. Maybe I'll jump back into it after my first ever playthrough of Last of Us.

I've never gotten frustrated, just an insane sense of urgency.

There are only a few moments where he's scripted to find you. If you sneak around enough, you'll lose him. Remember that if you run he hears it and will make his way there.

Hunk's 4th Survivor, once you actually leave that little fenced area and go into the courtyard, it's like the game says "You're not getting out of here."

Liked the game a lot. Found Mr X more annoying than scary or menacing. He's even worse in the B scenario, so bad I just put the controller down and never looked back.

I never really had much of an issue with Mr. X to be honest. Worst case scenario you can just run him to a room where you know you can juke your way around him and leave him in the dust for a little while, but it's mostly just about keeping quiet and being efficient with the routes you take.

Just started last week and havent came across Mr.x yet. Thank god for the map because I tend to get lost in these games easily lol. After finishing days gone and starting this I'm not used to fleeing from one zombie lol. So far it's a pretty fun game though.

That’s not true.

The breather sections are when you go into the save rooms or STAR office where he won’t chase you. Gather your thoughts, map out your plan, arrange your weapons n items and then go for it. You can trigger him back to ensure he walks away from where you heading so you get a head start when the coast is clear.

When I didn’t understand the mechanics of Mr X it was frustratingly fun to figure out what I could or couldn’t do. Eventually you figure how to manage or evade him completely. Being familiar with the game (map location of enemies n items) is the most important thing. Once that’s down he’s a breeze to get around.

Liked the game a lot. Found Mr X more annoying than scary or menacing. He's even worse in the B scenario, so bad I just put the controller down and never looked back.

It’s a shame. It’s not your type of game then. I had this dire need to beat the game and get the secret weapons so I had to master it. I ran all the scenarios for both characters before I started looking at YouTube help to see how the pros did it.

Scoring the unlimited weapons was so awesome. Going back in and plowing through all those bums without a shred of care about ammo conservation was deliciously satisfying...

When I didn’t understand the mechanics of Mr X it was frustratingly fun to figure out what I could or couldn’t do. Eventually you figure how to manage or evade him completely.

Some dedicated gamers will. I'd wager most will just deal with him frantically, not ever knowing how to exploit his programming. There is usually a method within the programming of these types of difficulties, but I don't think the average gamer is going to figure a lot of it out, without help from Youtube, or whatever.

And quite frankly, that's a good thing. It should feel natural. I find once I figure out how something like that is done, and exploit it to my advantage, the game becomes more like math, and less of an immersive experience.

Has anyone played this game?

I'm stuck at the part where Mr X shows up and this fucking prick won't let me do anything. The moment I leave a safe room his footsteps are on me and I'm not even fucking moving. He's just glued to me in some stupid broken mechanic.

Very frustrating experience.

resident-evil-2-mr-x.jpg

Haha, on my 2nd playthrough I used the mod X No More that removes his presence from the game entirely.

RE Remake is ok. I still think RE 0 is better and that RE2 could have been a much more memorable experience if they went with a fixed camera game with nontank controls like 0.

The graphics in RE2 are fine but they are generic and lack the charm that the fixed backgrounds provide. They also completely removed the ability to inspect the environment and read clues about it. Windows, pictures on the wall, desks, etc. It was fun to click the action button everywhere and read details about your surroundings. But with the generic 3rd person graphics, I can see they left it out.

Thats...about my take too. I felt like knowing the mechanics and some knowledge of the environment would make it less annoying, but yep, again, i was saying "oh god dammit" vs "holy shit!" when that cocksucker showed up.

Its weird but I expected that element to be funner but it served more as a pest.

He's even worse in the B scenario
At one point I made him spawn very early, it was so annoying I had to reload previous save.
After I knew where he spawns, I went there at the very end, after I've done everything I could.....

Not the best game design.

Mr. X has exposed gaming’s wieners.

And almost his own...

mr-x-mod-re2.jpg

I wonder why the graphics are generic when they are supposed to be almost movie-like.

I agree that 3D games like Final Fantasy lost a lot of their beauty going 3D, but in 2019 is this still the case? I would've expected them to be aiming for the feel of the original just in 3D, disappointing to hear (and see) that it looks so bland, it was the first thing I thought watching a couple of gameplay videos.

It's nearly impossible to have prerendered detail in full 3D. Few games have done it. The Order 1886 comes to mind. That said, even RE4 had more character in the environments than this game.

I wonder why the graphics are generic when they are supposed to be almost movie-like.

I agree that 3D games like Final Fantasy lost a lot of their beauty going 3D, but in 2019 is this still the case? I would've expected them to be aiming for the feel of the original just in 3D, disappointing to hear (and see) that it looks so bland, it was the first thing I thought watching a couple of gameplay videos.

The game might be the best looking game this gen, atleast in the top of the pile. He's talking out his ass. RE5 was bland and really generic, and yet he champions that game like it even holds a candle to RE4.<DisgustingHHH>

It's nearly impossible to have prerendered detail in full 3D. Few games have done it. The Order 1886 comes to mind. That said, even RE4 had more character in the environments than this game.
You seem to just be looking for ways to shit on the game because it wasn’t done exactly how you thought it should be.

The recreation of arguably RE’s most iconic setting in full 3D was done excellently. The details of the RPD, whether it was the wind and rain blowing into hallways filled with dead bodies and zombies or the wall crashed down from Nemesis. The station was oozing with detail and character.

My only complaint would be the city outside of the intro. I felt that was a missed opportunity but can’t knock it too hard as you spend less than five minutes running around it.

You seem to just be looking for ways to shit on the game because it wasn’t done exactly how you thought it should be.

The recreation of arguably RE’s most iconic setting in full 3D was done excellently. The details of the RPD, whether it was the wind and rain blowing into hallways filled with dead bodies and zombies or the wall crashed down from Nemesis. The station was oozing with detail and character.

My only complaint would be the city outside of the intro. I felt that was a missed opportunity but can’t knock it too hard as you spend less than five minutes running around it.

I kind of wanted an RE6 type thing where its absolutely ridiculous escape into the RPD. And then we get into the classic RE2 deal. I know the original had you dodging zombies, so maybe here is where they shouldve went a little ridiculous lol.

I honestly cant believe this guy.

Back