Social Residents in wealthy California town block access to public hot springs with boulders

Back in my home state BLM had to implode my favorite local hot springs because hordes of college kids were causing trouble, using drugs, fighting, people getting stretchered off the mountain, shit like that. That was years ago and it still bums me out. It was so pretty.

3 pools flowing into each other, 3 quarters of a mile up a mountain. It's painful that its gone. Went up there so so so many times and made a lot of memories. I'll miss you skinny dipper 😭
@IdahoCBR join me in weeping for what we've lost
Grab a pick-axe and a shovel and enjoy yourself a good hard week of work followed by a nice soak!

Wealthy people doing their best to block access for the "rabble" to public lands!? I'm shocked!

Yet there is a whole political contingent that keeps arguing that these lands would be better "managed" by selling them off to private owners.

These people aren't really wealthy if plebs can reach them by just walking. And isn't the American dream to get away from the poors?

Anyone want a payday?
Go hop on your bicycle, hit those rocks, and get paid.
N2dlbHE4LmdpZg.gif

Edit: wait, this is what they're complaining about?
960x0.webp

Edit: wait, this is what they're complaining about?
960x0.webp
Those are supposed to be clear so as to be used for parking. They're deiliberately placing those rocks to block parking and make it harder to access.
Ewwww, poors
Unless your house is worth ~$7 million you're also one of the "poors" they're trying to block.

Those are supposed to be clear so as to be used for parking. They're deiliberately placing those rocks to block parking and make it harder to access.

Unless your house is worth ~$7 million you're also one of the "poors" they're trying to block.

It was just a general statement; eww, poors

Wealthy people doing their best to block access for the "rabble" to public lands!? I'm shocked!

Yet there is a whole political contingent that keeps arguing that these lands would be better "managed" by selling them off to private owners.
Nobody is arguing that ITT

oh, they are super wealthy, likely trying to keep out the mere wealthy folks <lol>
Probably, and the upper middle class who have the luxury to participate in such activities. Just because you make a couple hundred grand doesn’t mean you’re part of the club.

Nimbyism is ruining these lands
In some cases. In others it helps. For example a trail where I previously lived had a surge of people for some reason. Maybe it was social media, but it suddenly had like 10x the people from when I had last gone. Over the course of a few months, the trail was heavily damaged, had a bunch of litter, had people blasting music on speakers, had people using hard drugs and had cases of criminality (fights, stalking, etc.). Also had people set up illegal shops at the entrance of the trail to sell water and snacks at a huge markup. What previously was a serene walk through nature was turned noisy, crowded and dirty.

So while I agree that they don't own these lands, I have also seen what happens when the wider public gets access to them. They simply don't respect it like the residents near the trail do.

- It's happens there. And when they get on the receiving ending of a smackdown, they still bitchy.

Back