REVIEW: DATSUSARA Bag In-Depth Review

Actually the USPS usues FedEx for their global Express mail which is what I arranged for you, you are the first person that had any trouble getting it, must have been customs being mean. Sorry for the trouble in any case, hope you enjoy the bag.

Yeah, it's just my luck. (Sh)It happens, and this is actually one of the few times I've had tough luck with customs on packages, so I should count my blessings I guess. I had great experiences with FedEx delivery from Budovideos, where the package arrives at my doorstep (as opposed to having to pick it up at the post office) in less than a week with no added charges. I think USPS FedEx must have a different system. Thanks to them, I got charged the equivalent of $40.

Btw, sorry for venting my frustration here, I just had to let it out and maybe warn anyone else from the Philippines (yeah, the 1 or 2 guys on the board) about my experience.

You've been awesome Chris, and the bag is the best.

Yeah, it's just my luck. (Sh)It happens, and this is actually one of the few times I've had tough luck with customs on packages, so I should count my blessings I guess. I had great experiences with FedEx delivery from Budovideos, where the package arrives at my doorstep (as opposed to having to pick it up at the post office) in less than a week with no added charges. I think USPS FedEx must have a different system. Thanks to them, I got charged the equivalent of $40.

Btw, sorry for venting my frustration here, I just had to let it out and maybe warn anyone else from the Philippines (yeah, the 1 or 2 guys on the board) about my experience.

You've been awesome Chris, and the bag is the best.

that sucks man sorry about the $40, but i'll tell ya sending that bag by normal fedex would have cost about $100 in shipping so that would have been even more, sometimes it's just difficult since it's a big package. Anyway thanks for the kind words and have fun training :)

just a heads up all, our office will be close from the 19th- 27th on account of a trip to Hawaii :) So if you want a bag soon order before then or you might have to wait a bit. Only 15 left before we order the next batch.

update, the used "traces dog hair" prototype bag has been sold but the others are still around.

We are on prototype 2 of the hemp blend gi and we hope to have the final tweaks done this coming week but I can't promise any dates yet. If you want some simple pics of the prototype then subscribe to our email list and we'll send them to you, or if one of the Sherdog members on the list wants to they can feel free to post the pics here.

thanks all

Two big pockets on the side of the front each fit two MMA gloves (they do but then you really have to put some time and effort into putting them in so I rather put one glove in one pocket, but if you have the nerve to push them in every time then you really can fit two pairs).

Jura, I meant to ask are those 4oz MMA gloves of a standard size? I still can't find a brand that won't fit and we don't have any of those here to test.

We are working on what improvements to make to the bag next time around so I'm checking on things like this. By the way if any of you that own one of these have suggestions or comments feel free to PM me here or email me through the site and we'll take your thoughts into consideration.

just wanted to say thanks for dealing with my bag issues.. great customer service = ) ..

7 months and still going strong. I don't think I would change a thing.

7 months and still going strong. I don't think I would change a thing.
\
good to hear, i'm sure we'll think of some improvements though :)

btw i just got the 3rd gi prtotype and this one is much better, for one the size is correct now and the only changes left are very minor so if i can just get the factory to get there asses in gear we'll have them soon. by the way if you are interested in ordering one of them please email me and let me know what size you are, i'll need your height mainly, we'll do proper pre orders soon but i'm trying to see how many sizes we'll need to make.

i am also getting out prototype hemp canvas backpack in soon, i think those of you that wanted something smaller will dig it. i'll keep updating here when i can but sign up for the email list (on my contact page at dsmma.com) if you want all the updates with photos.

thanks again all :)

amazing. Great review, that bag kicks ass. mine is on it's way out, now I know what one I am gettin' next!

update on gis, they are shipping out today and should be in my hand within a week. i wanted to get then here to inspect quality carefully before setting a price and offering first orders to our mailing list. i'll keep you guys posted too, sorry about the long delay :)

Sweet, hemp gis. Can't wait to see first reviews on 'em.

Any load-bearing testing on the bags?

I need a new one for my lifting stuff and it's pretty heavy and getting heavier.

Any load-bearing testing on the bags?

I need a new one for my lifting stuff and it's pretty heavy and getting heavier.

How many pounds are we talking approx.? I'll test one for you if it's more than I have tried previously.

btw all, we have just 5 bags of the original LGB-1 left, after those sell we'll be out for a month or two, but more will come around the same time as the backpacks.

and the gis are sitting at SFO customs, someday they'll actually clear them and i'll post to let you know.

Damn - should've weighed it first so I could post a number.

Honestly, doesn't feel all that heavy to me until I pick up someone else's bag or my wife tries to pick up mine.

My current is an Adidas sports bag that I won in a Volleyball tourney years ago and I have broken one of the latch hooks that keep the shoulder strap on, destroyed the main compartment zipper, and generally abused the damn thing.

I was thinking about going to a dive bag, but they're pretty damn steep and have features that I won't use.

Since I live in Boulder, I figured hemp might be the way to go - Boulder was number 2 behind Boston in pot intake per capita according to some study.

Damn - should've weighed it first so I could post a number.

Honestly, doesn't feel all that heavy to me until I pick up someone else's bag or my wife tries to pick up mine.

My current is an Adidas sports bag that I won in a Volleyball tourney years ago and I have broken one of the latch hooks that keep the shoulder strap on, destroyed the main compartment zipper, and generally abused the damn thing.

I was thinking about going to a dive bag, but they're pretty damn steep and have features that I won't use.

Since I live in Boulder, I figured hemp might be the way to go - Boulder was number 2 behind Boston in pot intake per capita according to some study.

lol i should visit Boulder sometime, i hear it's a liberal bastion like Austin TX. if you get a # for me let me know, otherwise give me a list of things you might put in it annd i'll try to recreate it here. the bag can take a lot of abuse but i'm not sure what level we are talking about here, everything has limits.

lol i should visit Boulder sometime, i hear it's a liberal bastion like Austin TX. if you get a # for me let me know, otherwise give me a list of things you might put in it annd i'll try to recreate it here. the bag can take a lot of abuse but i'm not sure what level we are talking about here, everything has limits.

We actually moved here from Austin - Boulder has prettier scenery, Austin has better looking girls, Boulder is dry and it doesn't get over 100 very often, Austin has much, much friendlier people.

Cost of living/housing is killing us here, but other than that, it's a great place to live.

My guess on the bag is something in the neighborhood of 30-40lbs, which doesn't seem like much when you lift it as a DB, but seems like a lot in your bag.

I'd like to add a couple of things back into the bag and introduce some chains and such.

Maybe a test up to 75lbs would make sense?

Anyway thanks for the responses and PM me if you come up to Boulder - I'm a Chris too, BTW. Unimaginative parents I guess.

How many pounds are we talking approx.? I'll test one for you if it's more than I have tried previously.

btw all, we have just 5 bags of the original LGB-1 left, after those sell we'll be out for a month or two, but more will come around the same time as the backpacks.

and the gis are sitting at SFO customs, someday they'll actually clear them and i'll post to let you know.

That shit figures, I was going to order one next month. Looks like i'll have to go with something else.

Back