Review: Triumph United Dead Adder Lace Up Sparring Gloves (8.5/10)

Thanks for the review Clamp. Appreciated this. Now looking into their gear. Which headgear do you recommend?

Last edited:
The death adder headgear is pretty good, imo. I have the death adder glover in hook and loop and lace and they are really sweet. Love the padding, print is high quality, high quality leather, and the stitching on mine is flawless.

Death adder headgear. Review will be up shortly.

I just bought the hook and loops after your review and I gotta say it is spot on! The size of my hands are average/above average and while the finger compartment is short, it doesn't feel to bad. Also, the gloves definitely are front heavy. Very weird feeling but not bad. Otherwise, I think you had a better pair of gloves than I from a QC standpoint. For my gloves, the edges of the seams are off in some parts (jagged from scissor) and the logo is slightly off. I am also a bit worried about the durability with the strap attaching the thumb to the glove. Speaking of the thumb... it really sticks out. Anyway, I think it was a solid purchase considering it was 50% off. Thanks for all your work!

Question, I also recently bought a pair of the Fairtex angular sparring gloves. Is it pretty much the same as the super sparring gloves? I'm actually shocked at how little padding there is over the knuckles. Due to the gloves' overall length, there is very little protection because the padding is almost evenly distributed throughout the entire glove. Nobody has done a review on these.

I found the thumb on my Velcro fine, it has a nice little curve to tuck it into the fist too. The fingers were alittle short, and the white leather on the thumb was alittle wrinkled. They feel solid though and look like 12-14oz's. I'd be happy with them at $120, I'm extreamly happy with them at $60.

My gloves are really wrinkled on the thumb and near the knuckles. Almost like, microwaved hot dog.

Love these gloves. Mine came exactly on weight with near perfect QC.

I got my hook and loop for 60 and I really like them. The hand compartment is short and somewhat narrow but they are breaking in nicely and I am able to punch with more of my knuckles. I really like the padding. I was going to sell them because of the fit but I couldn't. Now that they are breaking in and molding to my hand, I can't let them go.

Yeah I like these a lot too and the more I was using them the better they got.

Anyone else bothered at how front heavy these are? It seems harder to keep your hands up after a while. I'm not sure if I'm just imagining this?

Also, the lack of padding on the palm is starting to bug me. Esp. when I throw body shots and I hit the elbow by accident. Hurts like a bitch!

Anyone else bothered at how front heavy these are? It seems harder to keep your hands up after a while. I'm not sure if I'm just imagining this?

Also, the lack of padding on the palm is starting to bug me. Esp. when I throw body shots and I hit the elbow by accident. Hurts like a bitch!

I actually like that their front heavy. They remind me of 16 ounce pro fight gloves. I dont find them any heavier to holdup.

I prefer no padding in the palm area, personally. Accidents happen sometimes, or it could be technique

I didn't like the padding of these gloves. Everything else was nice but it felt like cloth padding instead of foam. Also the cloth liner is a huge mishap, it will stink up fast.

My gloves are really wrinkled on the thumb and near the knuckles. Almost like, microwaved hot dog.

Triumph United has the worst QC issues of any brand, especially with their mitts. My deathadders were not as bad as yours. About an 1oz underweight but no real wrinkles.

I really like these gloves. I did get them in hook and loop so I don't know if that makes a difference. Everything has held up very well. I can see what people mean about the lack of padding in the palm area. I guess I just attributed that to the design of the glove. Some of my gloves have a lot of padding while some have little to none. They do feel more compact along my hand even though they are a bit longer than some of the Thai gloves I have.

Clamp,

I got a birthday check that will allow me to pick these up. I do not train MMA just MUAY THAI and kickboxing. Should i give these a go for sparring only? I am torn between Windy, Top King, TU. I ruled out Twins because I heard they are huge and I like compact. I dont want fairtex because at my lightest I hit pretty solid and have heard too many reviews questioning knuckle protection.

If i can feel the pads, the sparring partner can feel my knuckles!

What are yout thoughts?

Clamp,

I got a birthday check that will allow me to pick these up. I do not train MMA just MUAY THAI and kickboxing. Should i give these a go for sparring only? I am torn between Windy, Top King, TU. I ruled out Twins because I heard they are huge and I like compact. I dont want fairtex because at my lightest I hit pretty solid and have heard too many reviews questioning knuckle protection.

If i can feel the pads, the sparring partner can feel my knuckles!

What are yout thoughts?

Just FYI, Twins are not much larger than most gloves in terms of punching surface area: their perceived bulk is due to increased padding at the base of your backhand, useful for blocking kicks but not very obtrusive when it comes to punching and clinching (at least for me). As for Fairtex, I've never heard of anyone bottoming out the padding on them (it's pretty damned thick and dense). Those are my 2 go-to brands since starting MT about a decade ago.

I dislike Windy because they have a very wide profile (uncomfortable for my long, claw-like hands LOL) and are as dense as bricks (at least the TG5 is), and I dislike Top King because they are waaaay too tight and long (makes me feel like a praying mantis when wearing them haha). TU I have no experience with so I can't speak for them.

I dont thino the fairtex bottom out but strat himself said he did not like the pading on the bgv5 because i think he said it just chewed his hand up.

If you think i should hit fairtex up thrn imwill make a play for those. Wouldnt mind the thai pride bgv1s they are sex. In 16 oz of course!

Back