Revisit Honda vs Betche

I and most other fans appreciate WMMA, and I'm glad I get to watch it in the UFC.

It's not going anywhere, you should learn to appreciate it. Whining about it just makes you look weak.
I can appreciate women playing sports, but I don't have to watch it. I watch hockey, I don't watch women's hockey.

No one is whining. When you get so butthurt about it it sounds like you're whining about my opinion.

Air Betche

giphy.gif
This shetland pony jump is one of my all time fav gifs.

I and most other fans appreciate WMMA, and I'm glad I get to watch it in the UFC.

It's not going anywhere, you should learn to appreciate it. Whining about it just makes you look weak.
I literally made a thread about this and pretty much 95% of us see wmma for the trash it is. They are at such a low level that it just gets cringe asf. Ur just a cuck that accepts whatever your programmers will shove in your face. Must suck to not have your own opinions. Especially when you said its not going anywhere so you should learn to appreciate it, makes you look like a mindless follower.

I literally made a thread about this and pretty much 95% of us see wmma for the trash it is. They are at such a low level that it just gets cringe asf. Ur just a cuck that accepts whatever your programmers will shove in your face. Must suck to not have your own opinions. Especially when you said its not going anywhere so you should learn to appreciate it, makes you look like a mindless follower.
Translation: You once had a circle jerk with a bunch of other whiny WMMA haters.

I just checked out your thread, and literally most of the posts are pro WMMA.

Reading comprehension isn't your thing, eh?

I'm not. I made a statement and you got salty because you feel the need to white knight female sports. It's weird.
Nah, you're weird for thinking it's weird.
WMMA is much better than you say it is. If you can't appreciate it because of your own issues, that's on you.

Nah, you're weird for thinking it's weird.
WMMA is much better than you say it is. If you can't appreciate it because of your own issues, that's on you.
I understand that a lot of MMA fans aren't actually a fan of sports, and instead enjoy WWE or whatever, so they don't fully understand the difference here...

There is a reason why you don't see women's sports on TV. There is a reason why people watch the NHL but not the AHL. There is a reason why most people watch the NFL over the CFL. There is a reason people watch the Premier League over the other football divisions in England, or the top tier of soccer in any country over the lower tiers.

You can watch whatever D-level sport/league you want, doesn't mean everyone needs to enjoy it, and it doesn't mean it's entertaining for everyone. There is no reason to not keep female MMA in its own promotion for whoever chooses to watch.

You could make that same argument for fascism, and I'll still hate and oppose it just the same as I do now.

I understand that a lot of MMA fans aren't actually a fan of sports, and instead enjoy WWE or whatever, so they don't fully understand the difference here...

There is a reason why you don't see women's sports on TV. There is a reason why people watch the NHL but not the AHL. There is a reason why most people watch the NFL over the CFL. There is a reason people watch the Premier League over the other football divisions in England, or the top tier of soccer in any country over the lower tiers.

You can watch whatever D-level sport/league you want, doesn't mean everyone needs to enjoy it, and it doesn't mean it's entertaining for everyone. There is no reason to not keep female MMA in its own promotion for whoever chooses to watch.
TLDR

When you think about it, Ronda's actually one of the biggest frauds in sports history.

She looked great enough against women with the skill level of soccer moms who hit pads at the gym every weekend and think it makes them badass to be labeled the "greatest athlete in human history" and have half of Sherdog genuinely believe she would legit whip Mayweather in a street fight. Then she finally ran up against someone with a modicum of actual fighting skill who didn't fall for Ronda's "put your head down, bum rush your opponent, grab them, throw them down and armbar them" routine and looked like she'd never fought MMA in her life. Then she was damn near murdered by Nunes. Then she quit because the going was just too rough. Turned out all Ronda really did was prove once and for all that a woman is no match for a man in physical combat if both are even remotely at the same level of training. (Not to mention the infamous Ronda-Mousasi training video.) Even if she came back Ronda would barely be top 5 at this point , and that would be purely on reputation. I don't even think any current UFC WMMA fighter would even be scared of her.

How am I wrong? And I could twist your argument around to say "COVID 19 is here to stay, so you might as well accept getting infected". It's the EXACT SAME LOGIC.

If you want to be a WMMA white knight, that's fine. Have at it. But telling others how to feel isn't going to work out for you.

You should, brother. Then you would understand the opinion opposite of yours. Consider it a learning experience. You don't have to agree with it.
I understand . You have deep-rooted insecurities which are preventing you from appreciating good fights. You are trying to justify it with the athleticism argument.

The truth is, most WMMA fights are fun to watch. You have a bias, which is clouding your judgement. I really hope you can learn to get past it.

Even women don't want to watch women's sports. This has been proven time and time and time again. Women's sports simply do not draw money.

Back