Rewatch Rewatch: Adesanya vs Strickland

ufc needs to work on their youtube video namings, making it more click-baitey or revealing the point of the video a little
this one should be something like this: mid-strickland mopped the floor with "genius striker" and "mw goat" fraudesanya

Emotionally unstable freedom fighter DESTROYS diverse dog diddler

Woodley was a heavy favorite over Usman I think. No one gave Usman a chance and he dominated from start to finish
Uhhhhhh, I'm pretty sure just about everyone, including myself, knew Usman was gonna beat Woodley. I didn't think it would be a blowout, but everyone I watched it with and talked to all picked Usman.

I think it's more that the boards hate anyone that loses once, than something exclusive to adesanya, lol.
There is special Izzy-Centric hatred on Sherdog. These sherbums will stop at nothing to ridicule and discredit him for some reason

There is special Izzy-Centric hatred on Sherdog. These sherbums will stop at nothing to ridicule and discredit him for some reason
Yeah I'm sure it's got nothing to do jerking his dog off on camera, being openly racist towards white people, and being an overall deranged weirdo.

But keep enjoying your little victim complex.

Uhhhhhh, I'm pretty sure just about everyone, including myself, knew Usman was gonna beat Woodley. I didn't think it would be a blowout, but everyone I watched it with and talked to all picked Usman.
I didn't directly pick Woodley to win but I pointed out that Woodley was at that age where things can start going down hill very rapidly.

Usman was a very bad opponent for that decline to commence.

Hilarious to see the guy people were clamoring to be "best striker in the UFC, next Anderson Silva, GOAT MW" etc, get outclassed and humiliated at his own game by a guy who went on to lose his next fight

His legacy really was dumped down the drain after this fight
This is the mentality that massacred boxing. Everyone has their good and bad nights, a bad loss shouldn't define a fighters legacy especially when they have 5 title defenses to overweigh it.

It was also a phenomonal performance by Strickland. He was steady and waited for openings to attack. So just writing off Izzy as being a fraud discredits Strickland too.....

Yeah I'm sure it's got nothing to do jerking his dog off on camera, being openly racist towards white people, and being an overall deranged weirdo.

But keep enjoying your little victim complex.
<{titihmm}>

There is hating him for being a creep and cringelord but cmon now, he's one of the best MW ever and only Silva has the substantial arguement of being better all time than him.

Also, if he genuinely was racist towards white people, he wouldn't of defended Rogan for his n-bomb.....

Second best Middleweight of all time with five title defenses who's 105-9-0 with 46 KOs in totality over three different sports had his legacy ruined due to one blowout? Lol.

The boards hate Adesanya so much as a person that the irrationality knows no bounds.

The Pettis Wheaties Box Era lasted as long as the Machida Era.
Slightly shorter then the blessed era.

I feel a rematch would go the same way, just less exciting.
Strickland would pressure, Adesanya would play counters, he’d back Izzy up against the cage nullifying his kicking game and it would be another awkward boxing match, in which Strickland thrives.

what upset me was izzy saying to bareman start of rd 5 'should i go for it and throw everything?' bareman saying 'no', down 4 rds lol
Wonder why he said no. Maybe no faith in Izzy being able to get it done, ends up with him getting finished

Great fight, actually.
Strickland had one of the best game plans against a guy who had all the physical advantages.
I knew he had better boxing than Izzy, but I thought he will lose the fight due to leg kicks.
But he checked Izzy's kicks easily.

What? I don't remember Woodley being a HEAVY favorite.

Cruz had some health problems, from what I remember.
Also, the fight wasn't a beatdown. Don't get me wrong, Garbrandt won, but it wasn't 50-45. Could have been 3-2 or 4-1 for Garbrandt.

Screenshot 2024-05-20 at 1.23.29 PM.png

Submitting both Melendez and Benson at the time was huge achievment in my book.
Pettis had a sick 4-year reign before the RDA fight besides getting layed on by Guida.

Back