Rewatching TUF 5 and it got me thinking...

Deceasedxo

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
How would prime Nate vs Prime Karo go? Personally I think Nate guillotines him prime for prime.
At the time of TUF I imagine Karo would have ragdolled Nate, however.

I can't stand Karo but I think at that time he probably beats Nate 30-27. Maybe 30-26, probably looks a lot like the Rory MacDonald fight.

Karo fell off pretty badly after his pain killer issues and departure from the UFC, so eventually I guess Nate would be able to for Karo to box and fuck him up, Karos hands were not particularly good as I recall. Let's say after 2013 I'd favor Nate.

Last edited:
Karo's judo was amazing back in the day for sure. If it went to decision I'd definitely favour Karo as some have said. Still think he could be open to a gilly, triangle or armbar from the bottom. Would have been a good fight to see.

Going through all the TUFs in order, 5 was always my favourite for sure. Onto 6 now with Serra and Hughes. Can't remember much from this season so it's nice to go back and rewatch. It's always nice rewatching and spotting people I forgot were on TUF like Din Thomas, legit forgot he was on the comeback season.

3 rounds Karo spends most of it on top and wins a decision.

5 rounds prime Nate tires him out and probably finishes him in the 4th or 5th after spending the first 3 rounds on his back.

Well Karo beat Nick, pretty handily.

I think Nick was far superior to Nate on the ground.

Nate got grapple fucked by Stun Gun.

Did people also forget until the shoulder injury, Manny Gamburyan (Karos team mate completely dominated the first round and he's not the grappler Karo was.

In short, Karo wrecks Nate a vast majority of the time. Especially during the TUF 5 time.

Nick > Nate
and
Karo > Nick
so
Karo > Nate

Prime vs prime Karo wins, but I loved how Nate was like nah bro on TUF when Karo was trying to act like a hardo.

TUF 5 is easily the best TUF

I think Nate would have a tough fight with anyone who prefers to grapple. Loses decisyan to Karo and claims he won with Pride rules?

Hands down. Some really good fighters on there, really solid fights, and hilarious memorable antics. Best season of the show.

Well Karo beat Nick, pretty handily.

I think Nick was far superior to Nate on the ground.

Nate got grapple fucked by Stun Gun.

Did people also forget until the shoulder injury, Manny Gamburyan (Karos team mate completely dominated the first round and he's not the grappler Karo was.

In short, Karo wrecks Nate a vast majority of the time. Especially during the TUF 5 time.
Stun Gun was very legit and could grapple fuck most of the WW division in the early 2010s. Honestly think he would've beaten a prime Karo. Though I don't disagree that Karo would beat Nate.

Stun Gun was very legit and could grapple fuck most of the WW division in the early 2010s. Honestly think he would've beaten a prime Karo. Though I don't disagree that Karo would beat Nate.

Oh I'm a huge stun gun fan, love him.

Also Karo did fight stun gun, won a decision then got overturned cuz painkillers if I remember correctly.

Karo absolutely loses, he didn't blow a green Nick out of the water. And Nate at his best was much better than an green Nick. Not to mention that fight was at the start of Karo's best.

Back