Media Rickson Gracie is a guest on Rogans podcast

Rickson was too old by the time mma became huge. But among the 80s and 90s Gracies there was no doubt ever about who was the best overall grappler.

If he was a few years younger him vs saku would have happened. In our world when the match made most sense Rickson was too old and too concerned with protecting his perfect record and Aura that he would have never agreed to fight saku even with Pride upping the price significantly.

Gah... would like to listen but I ain't signing up to that shit

he would have probably easily beaten mike Tyson. One takedown.
So would probably alot of decent amateur wrestlers who learned a bit of gnp.
The point is Tyson was seen as the baddest man on the planet and Rickson was a virtual nobody outside of Brazil and Japan.
So if you talk like that be prepared to back it up in the ring against challengers.

People like to discredit rickson. But in reality the dude didn’t want to fight. Just do his bjj and live. Many people who have grappled with rickson attested to his superior skill and understanding of the game.
He really had no reason to fight. I think he was making a good living from his bjj. Not to mention, his son dying really messed with him.

I think that part of the stories about him are embellished. However, I know a number of guys who went to his school to train after college in the early 2000’s, and they speak very very highly of his game. One of them is the most talented jiu jitsu guy I’ve encountered.

Not even for Rickson lookalike will I listen to that guy.

I always thought Henzo was the best Gracie.

Who cares about the 400-0 record..

Many great people in history get to where they get to by creating a mystic about themselves.. there is smoke and mirrors in the game of greatness..

Even great competitors time their career so as to take certain bouts when the timing is right and their opponent isn't at their best.

It's all part of the game, and I respect good game.

Only 5 minutes in and already many gems in this podcast..

Iv rolled with most of the Gracies. Royce to me was always one of the nastiest on the ground . Roger was the most technical and the strongest

They wanted to prove their Family art was the best so they went with Royce cause he was smaller and still got the job done.

Rickson was too big; they picked Royce to have bigger size mis-matches.

Hmmmm...yeahh... It´s a myth...

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/deconstructing-mma-myths-part-34-horion´s-choice-ufc-1.3984975/

Like nobody has beaten him in a bjj roll.
Well, Rosado allegedly dit it, tho...

Rickson fort born son died around his peak . Even kron said it really hurt his father. Rickson went into a depression like most of us would . Cut him some slack.

I always thought Henzo was the best Gracie.
Cjf9Xm.gif

He is <{jackyeah}>

Only makes me appreciate Danaher's interview with Rogan more.

John McCarthy says that narrative was based on a false rumor (or a cover story) and the real reason was family drama.
yes. Rickson confirmed that on the Jocko podcast.

Back