• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Riddle vs Colby? Ex-UFC, WWE star Matt Riddle says combat sports return strong possibility in 2024

Not trying to knock the guy but he wasn't great in his athletic prime.

But now he's gonna be UFC caliber at 37 years old, after a decade of beating himself up 350 days a year? Good luck.

But now he's gonna be UFC caliber at 37 years old, after a decade of beating himself up 350 days a year? Good luck.

I think he’s aiming for the pfl over the ufc, pfl will probably allow him to pro wrestle on the side

Riddle vs Colby UFC 300 imo

lol a mediocre MMA fighter from 10 years ago is going to come back after a 10 year layoff against a dude who, regardless of how you feel about him, is a top 10 WW, and we're supposed to be excited about this?

I always liked Riddle. If he's kept up his training, I could see him being competitive with the top 20. As for a Colby fight, I can see it being a toss-up.

Potential matchups in no particular order: Burns, Usman, Wonderguy, Ian Garry, Sean Brady, Chiesa, Magny, dos Anjos, Gastelum, Gunnar, Jingliang, Matt Brown, Court mcGee.

He needs a couple of wins to get back into any sort of serious talk. Kamzhat would be interesting if he can make weight. There are all sorts of directions you can go with Colby at this point. People won't shut up about him and his next fight will have plenty of views too. Even if it is to watch him lose.

He likely started getting paid $400k when he made the main roster. Nxt pays a very modest wage to start as it’s basically wwe’s developmental promotion
I'd be willing to bet he didn't start getting paid that until his last few years on the roster.

Not a lot of damage though the past couple of years and no USADA. It's going to be interesting to see how the no USADA plays out going forward. I think there are going to be many second winds that will seem unimaginable.

PFL could get him in a million dollar tournament, which he would stand a good chance of winning.

What in the world are you basing that on?

Out of fighting MMA for a decade and nearly 40 years old.

He got canned by the wwe, only option now is AEW if he wants to make similar money, but I doubt Tony Khan wants to do business with him due to all his issues outside of the ring. There’s also Impact and New Japan, but they don’t pay like wwe and aew.

PFL could get him in a million dollar tournament, which he would stand a good chance of winning.
He's got an event with MLW (probably the biggest western thing below WWE/AEW/TNA) and TNA made some announcement recently about "one of their biggest signings" for their biggest show in a long time coming January, and he's on the short list for who it could be, so they might be throwing some money around

*edit* they also recently offered Will Ospreay a 7 figure contract, so they've got some change. (I know Riddle is no Will Ospreay)

Last edited:
Matt riddles nudes are out there, right!p?

Riddle credentials:

- BJJ Black Belt
- Amateur wrestler - holds 2 wrestling wins over Jon "Bones" Jones
- Record actually better than it seems - had a couple UFC wins overturned

But most importantly he has that Pro Wrestling experience of working a mic vs. Colby, and the built-in WWE audience that will pay to see him fight.
Also same weight class as Colby, close in age to Colby and Colby needs a win to stay relevant.

Says he was on a $400k a year contract when he got let go, don't know what he was making the whole time but it wasn't $400k the entire time he was with the wwe
Why did he get let go?

Why did he get let go?
I'm not sure haven't followed wrestling since the early 2000s but from time to time I check up on things and he was apparently hard to work with and caused a lot of trouble and had several "wellness" violations.

Back