Ring girls are sexist, time to move on

Bring on some big ole girls to tell us what round it is!

You know how I know you're gay? Seriously have your wife pound you in the name of equality, its your fucking right bro!

TS is probably trolling, but it is a valid point. IMO that kind of stuff should just be taken out completely. Same with cheerleaders.

It really is a waste of resources, having anyone male or female carrying a round number around in a digital world where the round could be put on a big screen there is almost no benefit if any at this point. I would be curious if anyone is watching or adding to any purchasing decision having them there.

2C12A0BC00000578-3226129-image-a-16_1441712277607.jpg

<{clintugh}>

I don't know that it's sexist as much as it is pointless. Back in the day, with smaller rings, smaller stadiums, and no electronics, it made a lot of sense to have someone displaying the round number, or a group of people to get the crowd into the game. These days, though, both ring girls and cheerleaders are really only there because they've always been there, rather than because they serve a real purpose.

That said, men want to see attractive women, and those women want to get paid because they're attractive. It's a business deal both ways, and not sexist as long as both parties are doing it willingly.

For a long time it has been okay. Because men had all the institutional power and women didn't. So men got to do what they wanted to... like have a beautiful woman carry the round number during the fight. The people in power said "this is okay" and since the people without power didn't have a very loud voice...

TS is probably trolling, but it is a valid point. IMO that kind of stuff should just be taken out completely. Same with cheerleaders.

I agree that TS is probably just trolling... but to give a serious counter-example I will point to Invicta FC. Invicta FC is female-owned and female-run and only puts on female fights... so surely they are not a sexist organization, right? Yet they use ring girls (and no ring guys).

010_Ring_Girls.jpg

9845d04e608c1005b5c8cc5f468381b7--invicta-phoenix.jpg

promoted-media-optimized_5558becbde277.jpg

You're right, its time for lady boi's... @Zer

I made a thread about this several years ago...mine was better. You not including Sexiyama made it less powerful and the abundance of SJW nonsense makes yours intolerable.

Aww, look at all the sensitive people. the minority groups will always push to impose their will on the majority. Quit being so insecure, nobody is out to get you anymore because you are different. People have over the last few decades become very accepting and accommodating so don't push it.

The majority of boys still like girls and vice versa. It is a show, a spectacle. Women are pretty and I think they enjoy feeling that way just like men enjoy feeling strong. We are what we are for the most part.

In today's climate, I wouldn't be surprised if someone starts lobbying for women of all shapes and sizes to be ring girls as it would be more representative of the average woman. It'll be like a fucking Dove commercial.

while i think that ring girls (or boys. or anyone paid to carry around a sign for 10 seconds) are stupid and pointless, the ironic hilarity is that removing them takes more money away from women, disproving the very point OP seemed to be trying to make. even if trollingly.

if i ran an org, the only ring ____ i'd consider would be a ring dog. or maybe a komodo.

Move on with this crap. This is the same dialogue that started with the Hooter girls some years ago. There was push for them hire male waiters and maybe some did but it quickly died. Are there any male Hooter waiters still around? Stuff like this is just going to be so live with it.

The ring girls are just laughable at this point and should be removed.

As luck would have it, Jon Jones is out of work and has experience in the area. An opportunity presents itself.

Add in Akiyama and most of Sherdog will probably get behind it

Non sis male genders should be in mandatory burkas when in public else they be beaten with stones.

We been looking at Ariany for like 10 years. Could use a fresh face IMO.

Back