News RIP Carl Weathers

Loved him!!!

He brought so much to that Apollo Creed role. And if you think that's easy then just compare it to Jordan's performance in the Creed movies or Will Smith's performance as Muhammad Ali. Carl Weathers blows both of them out of the water.

It's a shame he didn't get more good parts after Rocky and predator. Action Jackson I think killed his career. But he could've been a much bigger star if he had some good scripts to work with.

I was super stoked to see him in the mandalorian.

Carl Weathers had a career full of great roles and performances but i think my favorite was on Arrested Development, he was so freaking hilarious as the thrifty hustler

"Baby, you got a stew going"

<Lmaoo> <Lmaoo> <Lmaoo> <Lmaoo>

RIP Action Jackson.

It is tough to watch movies from the 80’s and early 90’s because so many actors and actresses have died. At least we have their work to keep up us entertained and thinking of happy times in life.

It should be said that the late Carl Weathers, RIP, had tremendous zygos. In fact he belongs in the Zygos Hall Of Fame.

@Wetarmpits do you have an opinion on the matter?
I guess he had a strict No-Fap routine aswell. My generous estimate would be 36 hours a week.
And don't forget the good he did to the planet and all of us by doing that.

Guy was, seriously, an inspiration.

He brought so much to that Apollo Creed role. And if you think that's easy then just compare it to Jordan's performance in the Creed movies or Will Smith's performance as Muhammad Ali. Carl Weathers blows both of them out of the water.

It's a shame he didn't get more good parts after Rocky and predator. Action Jackson I think killed his career. But he could've been a much bigger star if he had some good scripts to work with.

I was super stoked to see him in the mandalorian.

Carl Weathers as Apollo Creed is still the best version of Muhammad Ali or anything like it put on film. Better than Will Smith as Muhammad Ali. Better than Muhammad Ali as Muhammad Ali.

Some actors are born to play one role and play that role so well you can't even begin to picture anyone else doing it at all.

Carl Weathers story... He didn't tell people in Rocky IV that he was going to throw in that spinal twitch after the final Drago knockdown and people on set were worried in real life the first time he did it.

Carl Weathers, Burt Young. Joe Spinell as a relatively young man. Thayer David before Rocky 2 was even made. Stu Nahan, Tony Burton. Burgess Meredith some time ago now. Sigh... Time takes everyone out...it's undefeated.

Dang rip
He was great in arrested development
Exactly, no one...and I mean no one....could keep coming back in such a timely manner. The guy has a knack for understanding his moment during contemporary times:

- Apollo was all confidence and swagger reflecting Ali's personality.

- His role in Predator encapsulated Reagan's foreign policy perfectly.

- his role in Happy Gilmore, as a character that didn't take himself seriously in a movie about not taking oneself seriously produced by a guy that makes a living off of not taking himself too seriously.

- his role as a has-been actor trying to make a buck on Arrested Development was hysterical

- then, after a long absence, showing up, and directing episodes of the Mandalorian, the last "Star Wars" production that encompassed any cultural zeitgeist.

Heck, I bet the guy was great at picking stocks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back