News RIP Elias Theodorou

Still was fighting late last year too (and winning!) That's crazy
Quite crazy yeah.
I guess that fighters have many opportunities to get checked for internal damage/anomalies, but then some cancers can be lightning fast, with only weeks between the diagnosis and death (pancreatic cancer is one of those bitches) while others involve grueling battles for years with atrocious pain (the primitive cancer can be hard enough to endure, but things like bone metastases reportedly cause some of the worst pain you can experience.

And added to the symptoms of the cancer/metastasis. You also have to deal with chemo, pain killers (often the strongest ones like fentanyl) and a loadshit of side effects (who might require themselves some additionnal medication), and often, frequent surgeries.

And, maybe the worst of all, is your psychological state, battling with all that shit, knowing well that in some cases, remission, healing and survival would be a miracle.

I say it again, do everything to avoid that ; if a cancer gets diagnosed soon enough, it's possible to beat the shit outta him, and to heal fully.
Any unusual symptoms : go check it please.

Last edited:
RIP. Was a great personality in this sport. Always brought a smile whether being featured in the cage or outside.

Fuck … he seemed like a genuinely good guy too.
Fucking Miesha Tate ‘Damn Rip’ yeah sick one mate lmao.

Wow. Shocking to hear. That's trash. So young and 'healthy', and just fought like a year ago.

Didn't even know he was struggling with this.

Damn, thats nuts. Last fought - and won - 9 months ago.

That's incredible. What a terribly fast cancer. From professional athlete fitness level to dead in just under 9 months. Wow.

Terrible news. I loved his stint as a ring boy, that was great.

I wonder if the liver cancer was diagnosed later or if he just kept his battle private for a few years? I believe liver enzyme levels would be high but those can also be caused by supplements or overexercising, so it could have also been diagnosed late. At the same time perhaps the cannabis was used to alleviate the pains he had from it and help with appetite.

NOOOOOOOO. RIP Elias! You were such a beast on TUF and very nice. I enjoyed you at hardknocks. I also thought you had a very underatted gas tank

I knew Elias personally, have trained with him. An absolutely excellent guy. Just a fun, good hearted person to be around. Was really shocked to hear this news today, he definitely didn't let anyone know he was battling anything.

That's what I'm noticing the most about him on Twitter, basically any training partner or media member who's ever interacted with him is just saying what a nice genuine guy he was and how he'd go out of his way to help you. Loads of people who do podcasts saying he was the first fighter to give them the time of day and agree to an interview.

Condolences to his loved ones. A couple of people I know in Toronto knew him. He was considered an all around good guy.

That's what I'm noticing the most about him on Twitter, basically any training partner or media member who's ever interacted with him is just saying what a nice genuine guy he was and how he'd go out of his way to help you. Loads of people who do podcasts saying he was the first fighter to give them the time of day and agree to an interview.

Fantastic human. Despite his looks, he was tough as fucking nails too. I've always been around his "circle", ive never heard a bad thing.

Back