RIP Khabib vs Tony 2015-2020

I don't buy it, Tony was phenomenal to watch and between 2013 to 2019, Tony went through competition like a hot knife through butter.

That's great, but styles make fights and he was always outmatched by Khabib. There was a single year between when the Khabib and Tony fight was scheduled initially to a 3 fight losing skid. Technical ability on the ground does not diminish that rapidly from besting the best grappler in LW history to getting mauled with ease by Oliveria and Dariush.

Well considering what happened to Tony since then it's safe to say that Khabib would've won.

One of the biggest fights that we will have never gotten to see. Those claiming Tony wouldn’t stand a chance due to his recent performances need to understand the consequence of his age. He’s looked slower ever since the Gaethje fight.

Fuck covid!

Both were red pepper hot at that point in time. Khabib with 12 win streak vs Tony 12 win streak.
The back and forth press conference and banter between the two was amazing. Electricity everytime this match-up was mentioned . You guys remember this?

But damn, this match up is equivalent to having sex for the longest period of time without ever finishing.

Khabib v Tony at his peak was a win both needed. So sad it never happened, especially at the time it should have. All the injuries sucked, but the worst was Khabib missing weight :(

Fuck covid!

Both were red pepper hot at that point in time. Khabib with 12 win streak vs Tony 12 win streak.
The back and forth press conference and banter between the two was amazing. Electricity everytime this match-up was mentioned . You guys remember this?

But damn, this match up is equivalent to having sex for the longest period of time without ever finishing.

Prime tony would have won this imo. Just too much gas and scrambling for Khabib to control. Its a shame Khabib didnt want the fight.

That's great, but styles make fights and he was always outmatched by Khabib.
You don't know that for certain and he was getting mauled in his last two fights cause again, he's older now and his skills have diminished. That's all fact.

I don't buy it, Tony was phenomenal to watch and between 2013 to 2019, Tony went through competition like a hot knife through butter.
he was a lucky fuck a few times as he almost got KTFO and managed to squeeze out a win.
Hed still have nothing for Khabib, ' Snapjitsu' is way overrated

You don't know that for certain and he was getting mauled in his last two fights cause again, he's older now and his skills have diminished. That's all fact.

The Khabib fight was literally scheduled 6 months before the Oliviera fight. Unless your arguing that Tony's ground game diminished by such a ridiculous extent from potentially beating Khabib to beating mauled by Oliveria in just 6 months, it's not a likely scenario at all.

Nobody knows anything for certain in potential matchups but we've seen Tony get absolutely ragdolled and Khabib is the best in the world at that. It's not difficult to predict what would've happened.

They should finish this rivalry by letting Islam fight Tony. Good build up for the fight, though I doubt Tony wants it at this point.
No. Why? Islam needs to knock off another contender like Dariush or Chandler. Tony needs a winnable fight to stop the bleeding (losing streak) while getting a respectable opponent.

Imo
Islam vs Dariush
Chandler vs Gaethje
Tony vs RDA 2

People aren't giving Tony enough credit due to recency bias. I think khabib wins but Tony was his most dangerous opponent for awhile

he was a lucky fuck a few times as he almost got KTFO and managed to squeeze out a win.
Hed still have nothing for Khabib, ' Snapjitsu' is way overrated
Which is your opinion.

The Khabib fight was literally scheduled 6 months before the Oliviera fight. Unless your arguing that Tony's ground game diminished by such a ridiculous extent from potentially beating Khabib to beating mauled by Oliveria in just 6 months, it's not a likely scenario at all.

Nobody knows anything for certain in potential matchups but we've seen Tony get absolutely ragdolled and Khabib is the best in the world at that. It's not difficult to predict what would've happened.
Maybe it isn't difficult for you to predict cause you are so confident in Khabib, right on, good for you. I'm of the opinion that Tony was the most interesting match up for quite a few years and had the best potential to beat Khabib and you can't change my mind on a now fantasy match up. Also

I don't see how he did. Yes father time has had an effect but he got thoroughly outclassed on the ground by Oliviera and Dariush, the warning signs were already there when Lee mounted him. Khabib is way too strong a grappler for any versuon of Ferguson.
You completely contradict yourself by saying time did play an effect on Tony but then saying he was dominated by Charles, Beniel and would've been against Khabib which you don't know for certain and Charles and Dariush only beat him because he had gotten much older.

People aren't giving Tony enough credit due to recency bias. I think khabib wins but Tony was his most dangerous opponent for awhile

Yeah, no doubt. When Tony was fast, durable, and aggressive, this would've been one HELL of a fight. I think it would've been close too.

If Kevin Lee didn’t have staph he would’ve beaten Tony. And if Lee could easily take Tony down, Khabib would’ve raped him.

Tiramisu and sunglasses inside are both 1-0

5 rounds of being a punch bag. Justin treated Tony like a punch bag as well. Would have been a terrible night for Tony.

Didn't Tony have essentially two fight camps back to back? Not saying Tony would have beaten Gaethje but the circumstances around that fight were totally fucked and Tony should have never taken that fight.

Khabib will never be the GOAT simply for Tiramisu-gate. A GOAT doesn't have multiple professional years of fighting then fuck up his weight cut before the biggest fight of his career against a dangerous opponent.

Oliveira, Dariush, Vanata, Pettis, Castillo, Gaethje all them gave problems to Tony... really somebody thinks that Tony could beat Khabib at any point of his career?

And? Khabib barely won or should have lost to Tibeau. Iaquinta, an overrated midcarder at best with at least one gifted win, went a full 5 against Khabib on short notice. All of those guys are equal to or better fighters than Al. Tony most certainly could have beaten Khabib.

Didn't Tony have essentially two fight camps back to back? Not saying Tony would have beaten Gaethje but the circumstances around that fight were totally fucked and Tony should have never taken that fight.
And went through with a completely unnecessary weight cut as well. He has rocks in his head. Khabib would have beaten him soundly.

Back