RIP Sherbro Gregolian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, sorry again I have been slow on checking messages and posting in the forum. I have been working to help make sure Gregs parents are taken care of and get what they need. I visited with them for a while Sunday, they are handling this to the best of their ability. Also, on a note that I know Greg is stoked about because his mom was poking around on his computer I handled his browser history for him! I have attached the link to his obituary below as I got the go ahead from his dad to post it. I appreciate all the kind words you all have shared and PMd me. I will be passing these to his parents so they can know the wider impact Greg had on folks.

https://www.lindquistmortuary.com/obituaries/gregory-phancenek
Holy shit, I'm just seeing this thread.

Not the most active poster on Sherdog and rarely stray out of the WR, so I'm just going through the thread now and got to this. Legit got a tear in my eye.
I remember this dude back in the plats he was lovely.

Sorry to everyone, what a loss to humanity.

Only just seeing this, he was a good guy, talked to him a lot on here. Really sucks to hear about this.

Our Sherbro Gregolian passed away yesterday early in the morning. I know I don’t post here much these days, but I met Greg here on Sherdog and have been gaming with him in our destiny clan for years.
Seriously solid guy. Very unexpected. Terrible shame.
Rest In Peace Greg. See you on the other side.
Rest in peace to the homie.

As a longtime sherdog member, this is a really touching thread. I've not made any real friends on here at all, it's incredible to see what a huge impact this guy has had on so many people.

It sounds like he was a really gentle, solid dude. I just wanted to say thank you for everyone sharing these stories about him and I'm sorry for what is obviously a very real loss.

RIP Greg.

god dammit. i always hate it when a fellow gamer despawns and drops his inventory

RIP

Greg loved RussianBadger, who'd uploaded a new video a couple days ago; a good chuckle as always. Enjoy:

*F pressed

Shit didn't even know about this until I saw it mentioned in the BWR thread. Shows how out of touch I am with Sherdog these days. RIP, he was a good dude and a pillar on this forum :(

I wanted to give an update on the memorial for Greg. We got a spot in a garden at Utah State University. @Anung Un Rama did a lot of work to make it happen. The spot has a pagoda and a little bridge. The pagoda will have a bench and plaque. His mother has chosen a poem she would like place there. We will have a plaque next a tree. I dont believe we have decided on the exact wording for our plaque.

This is the poem his mother chose.
59UhwoV.jpeg

Here are some pictured of the pagoda and bridge.
B5KJJDG.jpeg

vUn3ym7.jpeg

yakEbLQ.jpeg

His parents were very moved by our efforts to do this. I want to thank everyone here as well as the fine people at the university and the funeral director for all of the help. Of course @Anung Un Rama put so much effort in making this happen.

Last edited:
I'll post this here also. Got a chance to visit the memorial today after class. It's a lovely, peaceful place. I will visit again next year when the flowers and trees are blooming. The plaque in the first picture in front of the bush has his name on it and also "Go Pack Go."

IMG-3911e.jpg IMG-3912e.jpg IMG-3913e.jpg

Is there any other donation portal open for Greg? Much respect for the memorial.

I think this will be the final update on the memorial for Gregolian. Thanks to everyone that contributed. We hope that his parents get to visit the site someday and see the love everyone had for him.

hate this, losing sherbros. this one is particularly rough because Greg is an OG. known the dude on here literally for over a decade, but a handful of us, including Greg, all built our bonds even stronger day in & day out in the WR Lounge during the pandemic.

RIP brother.

I think this will be the final update on the memorial for Gregolian. Thanks to everyone that contributed. We hope that his parents get to visit the site someday and see the love everyone had for him.

Just now I tried to read the inscription and I couldn't make it past the first sentence.

I wish this thread were stickied. I expect to find myself returning to it from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back