Crime Rittenhouse trial underway ***Verdict: Acquitted of all charges***

Did the evidence provided in Court proved beyond a reasonable doubt that Kyle R is Guilty of Murder

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
******** HELP REQUEST ********
I barely grasp what's going on here.

I've watched a few videos but not sure whats going on. Why are there two possible mistrials? I watched the video where the prosecuter (who looks very punchable) brought evidence in where he was told not to. Whats the other mistrial possibility?

Also is there any good light reading material about the background of thr entire case that's not some far left or right leaning?

This is the best you're likely to get as far as pre-trial journalism goes:

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2021/07/05/kyle-rittenhouse-american-vigilante

So this has to be a hung jury? Why so long. Oh well. Hung jury than mistrial.

I was on the jury in a case where this guy jumped another guy who was pushing carts at a local grocery store. When he got him on the ground, he kicked him in his face and it split his eye ball open and the contents of his eye ran out of his face and he lost his eye because of it. Then he stole his wallet and took off.

Everyone on the jury was 100% for a guilty verdict of assault with serious bodily harm....which would have put him behind bars for years. We had one bleeding heart girl who refused to convict because she said that there was no proof that he meant to make the guy lose his eye when he jumped him and robbed him. She absolutely refused the verdict and we had to drop it down to battery because of her. Which only resulted in probation.

Probation for causing another human being to lose their eye. That's how fucked up some people are when it comes down to dishing out punishment for horrible crimes. I wouldn't doubt it if this case came down to something similar.
Jury isn't responsible for probation though. Given the facts (lost eye was established at trial), judge could have given more than just probation. Blame the judge

Not being a dink bro but I’ve seen a couple times you have used the word literally and spelled it like that. Litter is garbage. Just don’t want your spelling to be used against you in lieu of arguments to your point. Carry on.
Your fine, thank you. Not only did I spell that wrong, I apprantly went and saved it in my word options :( I've probably been using "litterly" for years now without correcting it

https://www.vice.com/en/article/g5qgjq/whatever-kyle-rittenhouses-verdict-is-the-far-right-wins

On August 25, 2020, after seeing social media postings about property destruction in Kenosha, Rittenhouse traveled to the town from his home in Illinois armed with an AR-15 to protect a car dealership. That night, Rittenhouse found himself in an altercation with Joseph Rosenbaum, 36, who chased him in a parking lot. Rittenhouse shot Rosenbaum four times, killing him, after the man got close enough to him to grab the teenager's rifle. Rittenhouse fled the scene and was then confronted by a group of protestors on the street. He was struck by several people while running and fell after, he said, "getting lightheaded."
https://www.vice.com/en/article/7kbvw9/kyle-rittenhouse-republican-hero
On the ground, he shot at a man, who was trying to kick him, and missed. Anthony Huber, 26, then ran up, hit Rittenhouse in the head with a skateboard, and tried to take his rifle. The teenager shot Huber point-blank in the chest, killing him. Gaige Grosskreutz—who testified that he thought Rittenhouse was an active shooter—advanced on Rittenhouse with a pistol and was shot in the arm by the teenager. Rittenhouse then got up, returned home, and eventually turned himself into police later that night.

A lot of the article is nonsense, but the part I've quoted is remarkably accurate, including important details like Rittenhouse not shooting Rosenbaum until he was close enough to grab the rifle, Huber hitting Rittenhouse in the head (rather than just trying to "pin" or "restrain" him as I've seen some places pretend), and Grosskreutz advancing with a pistol (though it stops short of the fact that the Rittenhouse declined to shoot him until the gun was actually pointed at his head).

Right, a couple days will make a big difference, and the best way to avoid protests is to announce an unpopular verdict right before the weekend? The hoops you guys will jump through are impressive
Well, two scumbags have already been arrested, so...

Defense and even Kyle himself look quite confident.

I wonder how. I'm no expert, but I would think the longer a jury deliberates on an open-and-shut case like this, they more you have to wonder what's going on that they can't reach a verdict.

Are there any statistics out there on how a verdict changes with deliberation time?

A juror asked to take instructions home and judge is granting that? Seems kind of weird. Don;t follow many trials tho

They gonna drag this thing out all week. So frustrating, I'm ready for a resolution.

Back