Crime Rittenhouse trial underway ***Verdict: Acquitted of all charges***

Did the evidence provided in Court proved beyond a reasonable doubt that Kyle R is Guilty of Murder

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It completely is though? You're not allowed to shoot people and just go home after like nothing happened. You have to prove your case first.

You ever heard of "Innocent until proven guilty"? Sounds like no. The prosecution has to prove their case, not the opposite.

Businesses in Kenosha are preparing themselves for the verdict. Burning and looting are very likely to occur if Kyle Rittenhouse is found not guilty.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/kyle-rittenhouse-verdict-kenosha-business-owners-bracing.amp

How boneheaded do you have to be to go riot after it's been proven people can shoot rioters and get off without any charges?

Now, I have believed since the week of the incident that Kyle is innocent, and that justice should dictate he walks. But the optics are there.

You ever heard of "Innocent until proven guilty"? Sounds like no. The prosecution has to prove their case, not the opposite.
Ignore him , he’s grieving the loss of his buddies ..

I find it difficult imagining a scenario where at least 1 juror doesn’t think he’s innocent of all charges.

Yeah, and that means being stuck in a room with 11 other angry people for DAYS. Lets see if that one person, or two or three, can stand by their principles until its declared a hung jury.

And the opposite scenario could happen. There could be 10 or 11 people that want a Not Guilty verdict, but there's one or two activists that are willing to stand by for as long as it takes for it to be declared a hung jury in hopes of a retrial.

Realistically speaking, either of these scenarios are VERY possible. But lets be honest, people are cowards and will make the decisions in their best self-interests, and they know their pictures have been taken and somehow and someway their names and addresses will be leaked if they come back with a Not Guilty verdict.

Everybody knows that based on the merits of the prosecution's case Kyle should have never been charged, but based on who would be VERY angry at a Not Guilty verdict the jury might just go ahead and say he's guilty so they wouldn't live in fear.

I really don't know which way they're going to go.

That has nothing to do with at all with what I was talking about.

You have to prove self defense as a defense, just like you have to prove insanity as a defense.

Lawyer 101:

You shouldn't point your finger at a jury, let alone a fucking gun.
If you have people leaning towards conviction and the basis of WHY is the rifle is big evil and scary, it’s not good, it looks terrible to us but could have a fence sitter stay on the conviction side.

Did I say he was right? I said it proves his point, the man should’ve been sanctioned by the judge on the spot.

I don't see any way this comes back with a guilty verdict. "Guilty" jurors switching over to "not guilty," sure - not just because of the weight of evidence (for self-defense), but also because the basis of our justice system that it's better for a guilty man to go free than for an innocent man to be punished. But I can't fathom any juror who had independently made up their mind that Kyle is not guilty being swayed into saying he's guilty.

Yeah, and that means being stuck in a room with 11 other angry people for DAYS. Lets see if that one person, or two or three, can stand by their principles until its declared a hung jury.

And the opposite scenario could happen. There could be 10 or 11 people that want a Not Guilty verdict, but there's one or two activists that are willing to stand by for as long as it takes for it to be declared a hung jury in hopes of a retrial.

Realistically speaking, either of these scenarios are VERY possible. But lets be honest, people are cowards and will make the decisions in their best self-interests, and they know their pictures have been taken and somehow and someway their names and addresses will be leaked if they come back with a Not Guilty verdict.

Everybody knows that based on the merits of the prosecution's case Kyle should have never been charged, but based on who would be VERY angry at a Not Guilty verdict the jury might just go ahead and say he's guilty so they wouldn't live in fear.

I really don't know which way they're going to go.
Sounds like justification for some rioting, burning and looting. Well, that's what progressives have taught me anyway. Afraid a verdict is not going to go the way you want...threaten. Verdict ACTUALLY doesn't go the way you want...riot, burn, loot.

Not those specific businesses.
From what I understand is they protected their home communities very well but many had businesses in black neighborhoods and those were mostly all destroyed. The Koreans wound up moving much of their businesses out of black neighborhoods and were replaced by Arabs.

The police stood down then too and unfortunately no one learned the lesson. Many in the Korean community lost faith in the system because the police didn’t put down the riots in those black neighborhoods. It’s terrible.

The lopsided poll results are a pretty clear indication that the narrative that "the left" is out for his blood is total fu*king bull*hit", at least from posters perspectives.

The only possible way to view him as guilty is the idea that culpability lies in going to an active riot zone armed with the intent of agitating people into confrontation (and thus "defending yourself"), but that is an extreme stretch.

I wrote a paragraph out earlier in the thread why I can see the jury coming back with a guilty verdict.

I think its even more likely they come back with a "compromise verdict" and convict the kid on the lesser degree murder charges. It still ends with Rittenhouse in jail for 25+ years but the jury will be able to feel emotionally they "compromised" for the good of the community.

Essentially earlier I stated I don't believe juries actually always reach verdicts by following the letter of the law and going charge by charge, statute by statute, and evaluating if the prosecution met the burden of proof according to the law. Often times depending on the cultural scale and emotion surrounding a particular case I believe jurors will come into a case with pre-conceived biases and at that point it essentially becomes a battle of jury selection and performative art as the legal teams are more trying to play on the emotions of a charged jury rather than present a by the facts case based in the law.

I think there is higher than we would like to admit likelyhood its going to come down to an emotional argument, and imo the prosecution made a much better appeal to the emotions of the jury.
I've been saying this the whole time. The evidence has been overwhelmingly in favor of the defendant. But it won't matter. They'll convict him, they will crumple to social pressure and will view it as a compromise, telling themselves they've been fair when in reality they're helping to destroy the integrity of the US's justice system.

Which is exactly what people in BLM/Antifa want

Sounds like justification for some rioting, burning and looting.

The question is if the jury is fearing if that rioting, burning, and looting is going to happen at random shitholes of the city, or at their houses.

Well, that's what progressives have taught me anyway. Afraid a verdict is not going to go the way you want...threaten. Verdict ACTUALLY doesn't go the way you want...riot, burn, loot.

Terrorism, and the threat of more terrorism after the terrorism, works.

That has nothing to do with at all with what I was talking about.

You have to prove self defense as a defense, just like you have to prove insanity as a defense.

Cut the shit. Even Ana Kasparian knows Rittenhouse was defending himself after taking a few minutes to watch the videos of what happened. What is with trolls like you coming in here just to stir the pot?

This case was never a right vs left thing. This is indisputable evidence vs. emotion. Those who have spent the entirety of this case concern trolling and obsessing over state lines and curfews, are angry that Rittenhouse defended himself against a mob of BLM/Antifa protestors. That's it.

I don't see any way this comes back with a guilty verdict. "Guilty" jurors switching over to "not guilty," sure - not just because of the weight of evidence (for self-defense), but also because the basis of our justice system that it's better for a guilty man to go free than for an innocent man to be punished. But I can't fathom any juror who had independently made up their mind that Kyle is not guilty being swayed into saying he's guilty.

Read my post above yours.

We are viewing this case on the merits.

The jurors may be viewing their city and possibly their homes being set ablaze with their families inside if they come back with a Not Guilty verdict.

I've been saying this the whole time. The evidence has been overwhelmingly in favor of the defendant. But it won't matter. They'll convict him, they will crumple to social pressure and will view it as a compromise, telling themselves they've been fair when in reality they're helping to destroy the integrity of the US's justice system.

Which is exactly what people in BLM/Antifa want

The left (including the Democrat party) has set a precedent that violence, intimidation and outrage mobs will determine justice when it is someone they consider their political opposition on the stand.

Back