RIZIN.10 - FUKUOKA: May 6th 1:30 AM EST - Live Discussion Thread

Kape/McCall 2 is the big show seller everyone wants to see though. Could be just as entertaining a fight too.
I get the feeling the Japanese fans don't care about that rematch.

The only news I have on Rena is she will be competing for this year Shoot Boxing tournament (assumingly July) So probably Sept or NYE is when she'll fight who knows

Shootboxing is pretty fun to watch. I remember Rena winning one pretty easy, as well as Andy Sower.

Wish they were easier to find/watch.

damn, japanese mma is dead on the water.

For the first time in a while there's actually young and very marketable local talent. Its good to see a card where they don't have to solely rely on old washed up Japanese legends to get some attention.

haven't heard much talk about this card yet, but I'm going to try and catch it. Would love for Ian McCall to get back on track.

haven't heard much talk about this card yet, but I'm going to try and catch it. Would love for Ian McCall to get back on track.
He'd have to pull off the biggest win of his career.

Just an FYI, thegarbgarb guys will be doing a fight companion on Twitch for this event. If I can angle it I'm going to try and get Aliakbari's manager to join us as well.

I mean, it's going to be nonsense, but if y'all want we'll be wasting our time and yours.

Just an FYI, thegarbgarb guys will be doing a fight companion on Twitch for this event. If I can angle it I'm going to try and get Aliakbari's manager to join us as well.

I mean, it's going to be nonsense, but if y'all want we'll be wasting our time and yours.

You have provided some good Rizin posts, I'll tune in. I can put the link in the OP when it goes up.

Bout order is set
https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/49924-rizin

DbOnA1yVMAI6IRf.jpg

You have provided some good Rizin posts, I'll tune in. I can put the link in the OP when it goes up.
Much appreciated. This will be wholly silly and pointless... but given how bad commentary can be during the events, it also can't be worse :) And my hope is to get either Ali's manager or EFC's Dave Mazany to join in for stories of international MMA talk between matches.

Im very disappointed that they apparently decided to quietly scrap the 10min first round.
Yeah, I just noticed that when I went to update the bout order. I don't know why they would change it unless they met with fighters and the fighters demanded it.

Im very disappointed that they apparently decided to quietly scrap the 10min first round.
Also worth noting that it says special rules, I believe "RIZIN MMA rules" are the 10 minute opening rounds. Still doesn't explain why every fight this event is under special rules though

It must have been a change since February. The 10 min round was still around back then. upload_2018-4-20_16-52-13.png

Yeah, I just noticed that when I went to update the bout order. I don't know why they would change it unless they met with fighters and the fighters demanded it.

It must have been a change since February. The 10 min round was still around back then. View attachment 371089

I've been noticing that they were setting up fewer and fewer 10min round fights over the past couple events, together with the tournament fights, womens' rules and various special rules for kickboxing fights and big name fighters from other sports crossing over to MMA, it seems that they finally decided to let the format go completely, which I think is a mistake.

I dont think it's because of fighter feedback, the fighters I've heard talk about it (Cruickshank and Birchak) actually liked it and said that they didnt really feel that much of a difference compared to 5min rounds.

If I had to guess, it's probably something stupid about trying to make fights more "exciting" or "faster paced", like they tried with the 2x5min format for their tournaments. When in reality you actually have more finishes in a first round's 6th - 10th minute compared to the second round of a 3x5min format fight.

Anyway, here's the newest episode of Confessions with subtitles, a pretty good piece about Kai Asakura:

Last edited:
Back