here are some numbers for comparison:

K-1: 2-3 Million
Boxing ( Kameda vs Pongsaklek ) : 2,6 million
UFC 200: 500K
Krush: 200~400K
ONE: 230K
Bellator: ~200K
Shooto: ~100K

combat sport in japan is really doing good, it seems like. In 2016 K1 shattered previous viewing numbers on the ABEMA SPORTS channel so they made an own fighting channel, and pump a lot of money into it ever since. Guess you could put on anything fighting related onto the channel and pull Shooto numbers.
What about RIZIN numbers with Fuji TV?

was it 6% for RIZIN 10? I'm not sure how many actual viewers that does equal. But for Fuji TV, those are bad numbers.

The 6% on tv would have to be a lot higher than any of the viewership on the Abema Combat Sports stream. K'Festa did 3 mil streaming and 2 mil would have even been unprecedented for K-1 Japan. These Rizin shows are consistently doing higher on tv. Birchak vs Kawajiri is doing more viewers than K'Festa with every K-1 Champ because it is on TV. Rizin costs more to produce.

was it 6% for RIZIN 10? I'm not sure how many actual viewers that does equal. But for Fuji TV, those are bad numbers.
6% isn't bad per se, it's higher than most things Fuji broadcasts. The issue is the cost of producing something like RIZIN compared to the other stuff, RIZIN is much more costly.

As far as Abema, it's possible that they inflate their numbers but they are also a huge online TV platform. A lot of viewers are probably either channel surfing or general combat sports fans that want to watch something. It's the benefit of being on a diverse platform as opposed to niche streaming site like FiteTV, as far as viewership goes.

This post made me think
..Horiguchi in K1? I like it, would help K1 come full circle again they seem to be picking up steam. Much bigger events, great tournaments happening.
Horiguchi's ground and pound is just too nasty to take that away from him.

I have guessed that card would have under a 1,000 viewers like a local King of the Cage stream.

That card with no draws and zero marketing did over 100k for the majority the event and went up to 185k. Combat sports is either getting more popular in Japan or Abema is fixing the streaming numbers.
View attachment 382693

Is the US that would be like a PFL card.

Is the US that would be like a PFL card.
Very true some of those WSOF Justin Gaethje cards did around that number, but his purse cost more than that entire Shooto card (probably 2 to 3 times more).

Cro Cop is not fighting Ishii anymore, he's with CC in Croatia for over 2 years now. They are like brothers. Ishii even gave up his Japan citizenship and took Croatian.

Pretty sure he’s Dutch now.

here are some numbers for comparison:

K-1: 2-3 Million
Boxing ( Kameda vs Pongsaklek ) : 2,6 million
UFC 200: 500K
Krush: 200~400K
ONE: 230K
Bellator: ~200K
Shooto: ~100K

combat sport in japan is really doing good, it seems like. In 2016 K1 shattered previous viewing numbers on the ABEMA SPORTS channel so they made an own fighting channel, and pump a lot of money into it ever since. Guess you could put on anything fighting related onto the channel and pull Shooto numbers.

Murata vs N'Dam II shattered a record I think, did something like 30 million viewers or a crazy number like that

If they get the GGG fight they could break that number again

Murata vs N'Dam II shattered a record I think, did something like 30 million viewers or a crazy number like that

If they get the GGG fight they could break that number again

:eek::eek::eek:

Yeah, big boxing fights are still king.

Back