RIZIN Fighting World Grand Prix 2015: Day 1 PBP (Discussion) 1am EST

Overall, how were the matches? Didn't get a chance to watch it. I'm going to watch the one on NYE on spike. Delayed and all.

You can check out all the fights on youtube, it doesn't seem they're busy taking them down.

Anyone tell me what was the deal with the pride fc logos on the corners?

Thought UFC would own rights to that

Very much PRIDE like. Even opening intro song was PRIDE song, songs after fights were PRIDE, trophies, shoes, rules, production, gloves, Takada, owner, production crew, Lenne Hardt, ring announcers,..., all like PRIDE. Some fights allowed elbows which was great and really only difference/improvement from PRIDE.
They even recreated the girl crying for nog.
Please tell me there is going to be a live stream tonight?!
I think it's tomorrow actually

Aoki vs Sakuraba full fight...if you actually want to see it:
credit zprophet_mma

Damn, Saku got his ass beat :(

Maybe should stick to pro-rasslin' here on out.

I didn't even know this was on that day, thought it was on on New Years. Baby fedor is back.

Inside the arena it was a similar feel to Pride. But there was so much talk about "making MMA in Japan come alive" and "next PRIDE" that I got kind of an 'after the end' feeling. Rizin wont be the new Pride, nothing will emulate Pride. But if they can keep up promotions like this people will come for sure. Impressive how they can get a good attendance with next to no advertisements of the event...

Man, i checked out a few hours before the event started with a killer migraine and puking all night, but i was able to download the whole event a few hours ago.

I just watched it, so i had the benefit of fast forwarding the long intro and walking ins.......... I THOUGHT IT WAS GREAT!

For how quickly it was put together and the talent available i thought they knocked it out the park. Fun fights and looked great. No real issues i think of. Would probably a bit different if it was live.

The only thing i thought brought it down a bit was Saku just getting beat on to end the show. I thought Aoki carried him for most the fight and could have finished him very early if he liked.

You can also see with all the Russians on the show, that that was a huge part of Fedor's decision. He said getting fellow Russians on cards was a big factor for him.

Can't wait for tomorrow.

the Russian team was impressive to say the least.

I missed the whole thing, but watched it today, and I have to say I'm really impressed with the event. Great start for Rizin.
The nye event is going to be totally different though. different setup,production,ring and even gloves.
Btw, if anybody wants to watch the full event just pm me. :)

He had no business fighting, he was done a long time ago. Probably did it for the money.

what an amazing card, really it was packed with action. UFC should change some rules to make fighters more active. Great begining

Anybody else find it weird Big John was used on both Fedor's buddies fights and they were quick stoppages against cans?

Back