News RIZIN NYE: around 20 fights, more foreigners, 100% arena capacity, announcements in early Dec

Kinda interesting that conservatives in the West VS the East have the completely opposite response to each Covid news. Play down the threat VS Play up the threat. I also just realize GGG VS Murata is now in serious jeopardy as well as all the boxing fights near NYE.

Worst case scenario the new variant found in Japan, the conservative government goes full panic mode cancelling all indoor event and impose lockdown.

Best case scenario? I doubt they will open a country just for minor-league athlete, but maybe they get an exception for one or two fighters and get full arena?
Dont think anything has changed with crowds or arenas. Just foreigners being allowed in.

Dont think anything has changed with crowds or arenas. Just foreigners being allowed in.
What about residents returning to Japan? Say if any fighters are currently out of the country what will the process be like for them coming back in? Will they have to quarantine for any amount of time? That could also effect the NYE card. With only about a month to go it seems safe to assume anyone not a resident or currently in Japan won't be on this card.

So frustrating that the pandemic has plateaued their maximum growth the last two years. It's done great things for the domestic product at least, just all the Japanese talent you probably would have never seen on the big stage if they had access to gaijin fighters just so they can fill cards out.

Kind of wish they wouldn't commit to so many Landmark and Trigger events though. The Landmark events, more so, since they're able to still use actual venues and if they're not going to utilize gimmick locations.

It'd be cool if they'd have a Hybrid Wrestling event with the old Pancrase rules if Pancrase themselves aren't going to do a throwback show.

Lol so retarded. The doctors who discovered the new variant said it isn’t anything to panic over. Govt and corporate media: spread panic
Kinda interesting that conservatives in the West VS the East have the completely opposite response to each Covid news. Play down the threat VS Play up the threat. I also just realize GGG VS Murata is now in serious jeopardy as well as all the boxing fights near NYE.

Worst case scenario the new variant found in Japan, the conservative government goes full panic mode cancelling all indoor event and impose lockdown.

Best case scenario? I doubt they will open a country just for minor-league athlete, but maybe they get an exception for one or two fighters and get full arena?

The go to move for the Japanese government is to just blame it on foreigners, be it Koreans, Chinese, Brazilians, Europeans, Americans, whatever and then people will applaud and say they did so much because the foreigners were the source of all the supposed problems even tho they don't actually address the domestic problems.

Cliff from today press conference.
1. No comment on Takeru VS Tenshin (Sakakibara looks so fucking done with this topic yep it is a wrap boys)
2. Asakura Vs Takizawa and Inoue VS Ogikubo (as expected)
3. Satoshi will defend his LW title but opponent pending due to border shutdown (he will probably fight a local fighter if no one can enter)
4. Sakakibara said it might still be possible for foreign fighters to enter Japan, but if not he will proceed with all domestic NYE card. (Sad)

Sakakibara looks so done with this shit lol he says he wants to compete for good NYE rating but with card like this Rizin is so screwed.

Last edited by a moderator:
The go to move for the Japanese government is to just blame it on foreigners, be it Koreans, Chinese, Brazilians, Europeans, Americans, whatever and then people will applaud and say they did so much because the foreigners were the source of all the supposed problems even tho they don't actually address the domestic problems.
Tried and true tactic of all non Western governments

Let me reply for him. "No and No. What is Rizin?"

I haven't seen the Trigger card yet but the last two before that were violence fiestas.

You could at least watch something before you shit on it.

I watched Rizin live as much as I could until 29(? — the one with Imanari, the horrible event), but YouTube what I can. Rizin just isn’t good, at least to me.

Wikipedia is never a reliable source
True, but I do think there's a little more to it, in that wikipedia had the right matches based on how the bracket was SUPPOSED to go. Any theories on why Rizin decided to switch up the bracket for the semi-finals?

Rizin Tournament Bracket.png

True, but I do think there's a little more to it, in that wikipedia had the right matches based on how the bracket was SUPPOSED to go. Any theories on why Rizin decided to switch up the bracket for the semi-finals?

View attachment 893879

Probably just hoping for an Asakura Vs Inoue final.

View attachment 893879
Nah it was always bullshit. the brackets were redone by RIZIN after the 1st round and the Wikipedia tournament was re-arranged to make it look logical.

Back