News RIZIN NYE: around 20 fights, more foreigners, 100% arena capacity, announcements in early Dec

Yep, Ioka VS Ancajas was also just postponed.

If only ONE would loan Rizin some of their fighters...

No Kyoji, probably no big bro Asakura, no Tenshin VS Takeru

Right now the card is weak af. My guess is we will get more freakshow match up like Bobby Ologun.

maybe Andy vs Bobby

Are any fights off with new covid rules for foreigners?

I'm a non Japanese citizen and not allowed in the country next month now. My wife Is Japanese and still allowed to go though....

I'm a non Japanese citizen and not allowed in the country next month now. My wife Is Japanese and still allowed to go though....

Sakakibara said Satoshi title fight might be off if no foreigners allowed. He might still remain on the card against a Japanese fighter.

Kinda interesting that conservatives in the West VS the East have the completely opposite response to each Covid news. Play down the threat VS Play up the threat. I also just realize GGG VS Murata is now in serious jeopardy as well as all the boxing fights near NYE.

Worst case scenario the new variant found in Japan, the conservative government goes full panic mode cancelling all indoor event and impose lockdown.

Best case scenario? I doubt they will open a country just for minor-league athlete, but maybe they get an exception for one or two fighters and get full arena?
As far as politics is concerned, I suspect what you see on TV - let's say, CNN vs. Fox News - that's all political. If Trump was in power, CNN would be screaming 'freedom!' 'Say no To vaccine', etc., while Fox News would be all about safety, health at all costs, military dispensation of vaxx, mandates - lol

Normal non-TV people are not driven purely by politics. For example, most black Americans are democrats, yet they refuse to go along with the narrative.

Rizin had 10 foreigners booked, then the day before the presser to announce fights, Japan closed its border. Probably 7-8 fights are going to be swapped now, considering some would have been foreigner vs foreigner.

No foreigners are getting into Japan until next year
Loan Musayev to Bellator if so. Who knows when Japan is gonna lift the travel restrictions and he's already sat out most of the last two years because of them

Loan Musayev to Bellator if so. Who knows when Japan is gonna lift the travel restrictions and he's already sat out most of the last two years because of them
Musayev would be a great addition to the LW division, particulatly after Shabliy turned out to be a dud.

Shabliy's not a dud, he's just bored.
I dont know about that. He seemed legitimately overwhelmed by Bobby fucking King. Maybe ATT turned off his killer instinct and turned him into a wet blanket. In any case, fighting bored and/or boring the audience isnt doing him any favors.

I dont know about that. He seemed legitimately overwhelmed by Bobby fucking King. Maybe ATT turned off his killer instinct and turned him into a wet blanket. In any case, fighting bored and/or boring the audience isnt doing him any favors.

I don't think he was overwhelmed, I just think he was a bit uninterested and going through the motions. Imagine if you're a rising star in Russia and you've been mixing it with the likes of Vartanyan, Martins and Santos and then you get your big break to sign with an American promotion and they tell you you're fighting Bobby King who's biggest wins are a guy with one arm and a shot beyond belief Steven Siler.

I don't think he was overwhelmed, I just think he was a bit uninterested and going through the motions. Imagine if you're a rising star in Russia and you've been mixing it with the likes of Vartanyan, Martins and Santos and then you get your big break to sign with an American promotion and they tell you you're fighting Bobby King who's biggest wins are a guy with one arm and a shot beyond belief Steven Siler.
I dont think that is an excuse, tbh. I get that the opponent isnt great but this is why can crushing matches exist, because they lead to big KOs. If anything this felt like a gimme fight to showcase his skills but he was just not there. Also, Shabliy has faced his fair share of unstellar opposition, this was just massively disappointing. Imagine if Usman would have looked scared against the can he crushed in Russia...

I dont think that is an excuse, tbh. I get that the opponent isnt great but this is why can crushing matches exist, because they lead to big KOs. If anything this felt like a gimme fight to showcase his skills but he was just not there. Also, Shabliy has faced his fair share of unstellar opposition, this was just massively disappointing. Imagine if Usman would have looked scared against the can he crushed in Russia...

lol fair enough, I'm probably just making excuses for him because I like him.

To me the jury is still out. I thought the Davis performance was pretty impressive considering Davis was on a winning streak and undefeated in Bellator but the performance the other day was definitely a bit alarming. I need to see him against one of the top guys before writing him off. Maybe Goiti/Shabliy next? Bendo maybe as well even though he's on a losing streak.

lol fair enough, I'm probably just making excuses for him because I like him.
Yeah me too, but i lost money on Shabliy ITD and was embarrassing to tell my friends to really watch out for him because he was the future champ lol.

Back