News RIZIN NYE: around 20 fights, more foreigners, 100% arena capacity, announcements in early Dec

Saw a post from RENA on Facebook that her participation depends on doctor’s say so, since her cut was pretty bad in her last fight.

Great news! Full capacity and foreigners allowed!

>Per a press release from the league on Thursday morning, Rizin has made official a number of matches expected to take place on Rizin 33 on Dec. 31. In an announcement press conference helmed by Rizin head Nobuyuki Sakakibara, the travel ban implemented in Japan will allow for international competitors coming to the country until the year’s end. Additionally, the Saitama Super Arena will be allowed to fill to full capacity, up from the 50% past Rizin shows had been permitted by the government.

>“We have been officially told that international athletes will be able to enter the country until December 30th,” Sakakibara explained in the release, “so we have been in the process of making major changes to the card. These [COVID] times have been quite challenging but with the staff and fighters’ support, we have been able to put together some great cards.”

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/R...ternational-Competitors-for-Fight-Card-183507

Great news! Full capacity and foreigners allowed!

>Per a press release from the league on Thursday morning, Rizin has made official a number of matches expected to take place on Rizin 33 on Dec. 31. In an announcement press conference helmed by Rizin head Nobuyuki Sakakibara, the travel ban implemented in Japan will allow for international competitors coming to the country until the year’s end. Additionally, the Saitama Super Arena will be allowed to fill to full capacity, up from the 50% past Rizin shows had been permitted by the government.

>“We have been officially told that international athletes will be able to enter the country until December 30th,” Sakakibara explained in the release, “so we have been in the process of making major changes to the card. These [COVID] times have been quite challenging but with the staff and fighters’ support, we have been able to put together some great cards.”

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/R...ternational-Competitors-for-Fight-Card-183507
What in the...

This is some special news.

Rizin's going to have to work their asses off now.

They have 14 days.

Kazuyoshi Miura (super famous footballer)'s son is supposed to be fighting on the card too. Thats what you people want, right?

For the fans in Japan where mma originated, motives/meanings behind the fights or fighting careers are as important as world rankings and payouts.

Up until 2004 or 2005, Tokyo was leading mma business that offered the world greatest fighting shows since Roman Empire. People were really into the sport because their national heroes from the previous era were fighting in the ring. Their domestic roster included 15 Brock Lesnar and 12 Pacquiao equivalence PLUS many euro fighters prefered to fight in japan where they were more appreciated than anywhere else. No country (past, current, future) can possibly beat Japan's decade of 1995-2005 in mma.

UFC has already become efficiency contest of timed physical labor. Best days are long gone and I cannot even tell fighter A from fighter B. I mean where's Nick Diaz? Where's Diego Sanchez?

For the fans in Japan where mma originated, motives/meanings behind the fights or fighting careers are as important as world rankings and payouts.

Up until 2004 or 2005, Tokyo was leading mma business that offered the world greatest fighting shows since Roman Empire. People were really into the sport because their national heroes from the previous era were fighting in the ring. Their domestic roster included 15 Brock Lesnar and 12 Pacquiao equivalence PLUS many euro fighters prefered to fight in japan where they were more appreciated than anywhere else. No country (past, current, future) can possibly beat Japan's decade of 1995-2005 in mma.

UFC has already become efficiency contest of timed physical labor. Best days are long gone and I cannot even tell fighter A from fighter B. I mean where's Nick Diaz? Where's Diego Sanchez?

it really was a golden era. Just think about all the events and great moments. Even the so-called B-shows were amazing, and their belts meant something, too, unlike today. You can still have great events tho. No Nick Diaz? Find someone else. There has to be another actor they can put into a fight.

What in the...

This is some special news.

Rizin's going to have to work their asses off now.

They have 14 days.
Problem is that you need to do a 14 day quarantine. Some guys might not want to spend Christmas in quarantine, but Muslims like Tofiq might not mind

I know, I was being facetious. PRIDE will never exist again, and RIZIN is not PRIDE, so I dont think there's much use dwelling on it.

For what its worth, K-1 was much more popular than PRIDE in terms of TV ratings and star power. Fans sometimes think they were equals, they absolutely weren't. Masato was a hundred times more famous than anyone on PRIDE's roster, including Sakuraba.

Last edited:
I know, I was being facetious. PRIDE will never exist again, and RIZIN is not PRIDE, so I dont think there's much use dwelling on it.

For what its worth, K-1 was much more popular than PRIDE in terms of TV ratings and star power. Fans sometimes think they were equals, they absolutely weren't. Masato was a hundred times more famous than anyone on PRIDE's roster, including Sakuraba.

so much so they had to rig k-1 for masato

Youtuba vs. Yuta

FGebHzFUUAMFukV

Back