Road to UFC (TUF Japan) Discussion

Ep.5 was over.
Ishihara defeated Ando via MD.
It was close fight but I am glad Ishihara won cause Ando is a boring wrestler.

think the judges definitely got it right for yashabo/ando.

can't wait to see my boy DJ fight next week.

Hmmm... I felt like Ando got robbed. Yeah, we all hate boring wrestlers, but he didn't even dry hump him or anything (did you see that sick kick he threw? haha). Besides, it's the UFC, you're going to need the wrestling skills to deal with all the other wrestlers in the UFC and I feel it's more suited for the UFC as well (compared to say, an org that uses a ring). At the very least I think it should've gone to an extra round.

Anyways, here's how I feel about the fighters so far:

Akiyo Nishiura -> Kid Yamamoto
Teruto Ishihara -> Kanehara
Mizuto Hirota -> Mizuto Hirota
Nobumitsu Osawa -> Takafumi Otsuka / Hiroyuki Takaya
Tatsuya Ando -> Kawajiri / Kazuyuki Miyata

Last edited:
Besides, it's the UFC, you're going to need the wrestling skills to deal with all the other wrestlers in the UFC and I feel it's more suited for the UFC as well (compared to say, an org that uses a ring).

definitely. but yashabo dealt with ando's takedowns well in the fight, and stuffed him a bunch of times.

better late than never I guess. I will watch it.

Ep.6 was over.
DJ defeated Nagakura via decision.
I like DJ's personality and hope he wins this show.

Anyone know how many episodes in total? Ufc Japan isn't so far away and they just put up the first episode today. I wonder if they will get to air them all.

Road to UFC (TUF Japan) will start tonight.
The talent level is not so good but it's curious how UFC change format for Japanese TV.

Cast members of Road to UFC

Akiyo Nishiura (13-8)
Hiroto Uesako (10-5)
Teruto Ishihara (7-2)
Mizuto Hirota (17-7)
Nobumitsu Osawa (8-3)
Tatsunao Nagakura (11-5)
Tatsuya Ando (3-0)
Daiki Hata (17-9)

Oh shit Wicky, haven't thought about him in a while. Dude's style is so unique. Obviously it's not great but still very entertaining. Hope he goes far.

glad DJ got the win. he gassed too quick, but he did a good job with the takedowns and controlling nagakura on the ground.

So who is in the semi finals if they are there yet? Haven't been paying attention

lmao at the ufc being bigger than all major league sports in america haha. excited to see where this show goes though

Havent been watching but Hirota is clearly gonna win. The equivlanet of entering, say, Brian Ebersole on a TUF Season and watching him win for no reason whatsoever. I really dislike it when veterans are on TUF, and if you've already been in the UFC, there really is no excuse.

do they have only 8 fighters? they should've done an Asian TUF instead of only Japan

Ep.7 was over.
The semi-final match-ups are announced.

Akiyo Nishiura vs. Teruto Ishihara
Mizuto Hirota vs. DJ Taiki

This episode mainly focus on the the intercommunion between the coaches and the fighters.
In next episode Josh and Nelson would come to Japan.

Back