Rob saying "I just got caught" is laughable LOL

His gameplan was horrible and he got outclassed on the feet. Why stand with an elite level striker when you outwrestled Romero?

Does "I just got caught" have to imply it was a fluke?
It does in a sense. “I just got caught” implies that there was some luck and chance involved, as if it could have gone the other way. Rob just got caught several times doing the same thing. More accurate statement would be “I just kept getting caught”

However, it clearly wasn’t a fluke "I got caught" situation to me. If it were a fluke it wouldn’t have happened in the first AND in the second. I mean, that’s how counter-strikers fight.. they only have to make you pay once.
I'm actually glad the fight went to round 2 for this exact reason. He got picked apart both times and can't pull the "lucky punch" excuse. Fair play to Rob, he needs to rationalize his loss some how. He'll be back, but I think Issy is going to be Weidman to Rob's Anderson Silva. Certain fighters just have your number.

He can do a Stipe and come back. But he needs to wrestle more. That blitzing one two was so predictable the 10th time round. Maybe blitz with the one two and a takedown next time. Either way im not mad, NZ won
20191007_044110-719x708.png

If he said that he is in denial.

Things were only getting worse for Bobby. Seems that kind of gameplan was working against him

almost never been less interested in a rematch based on how the first fight looked

I don't think he was calling it a fluke, I think he was just saying he got hit with a good shot and it happens sometimes. He didn't say "Israel got lucky", he said "I just got caught". There's a difference.

He didn't just get hit with a good shot, he was lunging and swinging at air for much of the fight, and it was just a matter of time before he got countered. People were calling it in the pbp thread.

He didn't just get hit with a good shot, he was lunging and swinging at air for much of the fight, and it was just a matter of time before he got countered. People were calling it in the pbp thread.

Ok. I'm not disputing that. I responded to a post about a very specific statement. I didn't comment on anything except for Whittaker saying "I just got caught" in that post. Why you quoted me and felt the need to say that, I have no clue. I'm aware of how the fight played out. I was watching it unfold live.

However, it clearly wasn’t a fluke "I got caught" situation to me. If it were a fluke it wouldn’t have happened in the first AND in the second. I mean, that’s how counter-strikers fight.. they only have to make you pay once.
That's what everybody says when they trade in the pocket and come out with a loss. It's a standard and acceptable response to a loss.

No, but let’s let TS push his narrative

Typical Sherdog trash

Turns against his chosen fighter in a babyfit rage after starting a thread proclaiming his inevitable victory

OP just got caught
<LikeReally5>

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/rob-is-a-savage-he-will-destroy-izzy-very-easy.4024209/page-2

What happened to this?

[/USER]

TS is an idiot. The kind that thinks he's smart and is always trying to show it.

Give Whittaker a break, dude got KO’d twice in the same title fight

He got out classed.
Not to sound too much like the ridiculous and meaningless 'winning til they lost' phrase but, am I crazy in thinking Rob looked like he was slightly winning almost all exchanges, but like 3-4 times got his super-clean and ultimately lost because each of those rocked or dropped him?

He won the 1st round until the last second when he "got caught." That probably affected him in the 2nd round since he was practically knocked out.

B67CBD53-7F91-4856-B6AC-02D34937AABA.pngLmfao so much for the human pit bull remark. You’re a clown and the definition of a “Shertard”

Back