Media Rob Whittaker has his sights set on UFC 299(March): "Let’s give it another go.."

Costa or Khamzat would be winnable fights for Bobby. I do not like his chances again Sean who fought Izzy.

He has Costa tagged in that post. So it’s him.
This will be a good fight!
Costa is a weirdo, who can even say now if the fight will materialize on the night? But if they throw down it will be a fine scrap.

Edit: Reply to TempleoftheDog
The Dricus fight was a shocker. Technically speaking, does anyone even know what happened?? Rob enters the pocket to attack and then backs out but somehow he was in jab range of Dricus and got absolutely creamed. And now all we have to go on is Rob saying he had an off night.

Costa is a weirdo, who can even say now if the fight will materialize on the night? But if they throw down it will be a fine scrap.
He seems motivated now and was really trying to do everything in his power to be able to fight in october too. He made weight easy against Rockhold and it looks like he has slimmed down even more now.

But you never know, anything can happen. At least this is a good fight on paper.

He seems motivated now and was really trying to do everything in his power to be able to fight in october too. He made weight easy against Rockhold and it looks like he has slimmed down even more now.

But you never know, anything can happen. At least this is a good fight on paper.
Yeah I shouldn't complain, it's a good fight for Rob and gets them both back in action. I guess I favour Rob here, but it seems like his main weakness is his focus because his game right now is based around staying very mobile and not getting hit clean. If he allows himself to get hit or makes a technical error, Costa def has the power to hurt him, plus Costa's conditioning and toughness is not too bad to keep himself in the fight for the duration.

I used to date a Brazilian chick and she was here for a year before I met her.
Her English was shit, and within 3 months of knowing me she was pretty good.

The problem is they all hang together and they don't need to learn because they all speak Portuguese.
Once they need to learn, they learn pretty fast.

Its just whats necessary to them.

We need to get you to date charles oliveira for a few months.

We need to get you to date charles oliveira for a few months.

If he hung out with me for a few months hed speak pretty decent English.
I stated with the alphabet with her, and started writing words and have her identify them.

Kindergarten level and she obviously progressed pretty fast from there.
I enjoyed it and so did she .

Wouldn't be hard to get Charles to do the same thing tbh.
I would need a translator for like a month or so like I had for her, but it would work.

Allen's a good one, he was calling for a fight like this around set around this timeframe. Could work for sure.
I have a sneaky feeling it might be Costa tho.

Rob has already said on a few occasions that he's not wasting his time with Costa anymore since he already f'd him over the first time they were supposed to fight. I don't blame him. Signing up to fight Costa is like playing Russian roulette on if he'll actually show up or not.

Rob's problem is that his chin is glass, and kind of has been since the Romero fights. Knocked out by Adesanya, dropped by Till, dropped by Cannonier, dropped by Adesanya in the rematch, knocked out by DDP. If he gets knocked out again, he may need to begin thinking about what he wants from his MMA career going forward.

Great fight for the Miami crowd but I'd love to see it bumped up to 298. 14 weeks is waay too much time for Costa to pull out.

I think Whittaker may have fallen into the trap of complacency. Dominant champs, and perennial top 2, 3 guys expect to beat lower ranked guys.

I’m not saying he would have beat Dricus if he had been more focused and hungry. But shit like that happens.. Especially in this fucked up sport.

And though you never want to lose. Losses can teach you things. They can remind you that at the highest levels you need to be on the ball for every fight.

Dricus beat Whittaker.. Strickland beat Izzy. All in the space of about 2 months.

His next fight will say something. Either he’s still among the elite. Or he might be dropping off a little.

Fight Borz.. Enough of this clown. Shit or get off the pot.

A win over Whittaker earns a MW TS.

A win over Jiri earns a LHW TS.

Go big or go home, Borz.

Nicely said.

I'm a simple man. When Bobby Knuckles fights, I watch.
Here's hoping he can get back on the wagon and in the W column. would love to see him piece up Costa. also would be curious to see how he fares against Strickland and Allen. i think vs Strickland would be a high intensity chess match.

Whittaker's own Artem Lobov, Jacob Malkoun, already beat Allen (but got jobbed out of the decision) and we are supposed to pretend that Allen has any chance against Whittaker himself?

Jacob has good TDs, I like the single-legs he lands often

Needs to stop with the point fighting crap, and I don’t mean rush in I mean get some power behind those shots. At one point against dricus he darts in, and only after he’s planted does he throw an arm punch left hook, and I was thinking “what are you actually doing”

Back