Robbie Lawler to open the fight with flying knee

That's also how Dustin will beat Khabib. Wrestlers are fucked from now on. Masvidal changed the game.

I heard Colby’s gonna open up with flying pee.
[<cena1}

Thought about it too, but I don't think so.

He has probably looked to train the knee more for this fight. I don't see it as an opening, ala The MGM Grand Buffet, but I do see him winning via clinch knee/flying knee KO in the second.

That's also how Dustin will beat Khabib. Wrestlers are fucked from now on. Masvidal changed the game.
D19hY-yWsAARZ8M.jpg

Our savior! Our Lord! The Light!

Okay? Even if he does go for it right away, there’s no telling it will land the way Masvidal’s did on Askren.

However, to your point, Lawler DID open up with a flying knee against Joey Villasenor (could be wrong on opponent) at a PRIDE event, one of the last ones before closing shop.

Scored a 21 second flying knee knockout, the fastest in Lawler’s long career.

Colby isn't Askren. He won't go for a takedown as soon as the fight starts.

Last edited:
Hey, it's a smart idea. It worked for Barn Cat Zingano. Well, sort of worked. Um, not really. But it would have worked if it had worked.

Lol.....opening flying knees are nothing new. The issue is that they are low percentage and when they miss it ends up with the fighter that threw it on their back.

People need to stop dickriding Masvidal. He went for a hail Mary and it paid off. A flying knee isn't some technical masterpiece. Look how many guys have tried it on other top wrestlers to no avail.

This has been going on since 1995, when Zane Frazier beat Kendo Nagasaki. Once in a blue moon, a striker almost instantly knocks out a grappler with a perfectly timed (and probably a bit lucky) punch/knee/kick, and suddenly "the game has changed!!!"

Except khabib keeps his distance and ankle picks.

Don't let askren shocking td fool you.

Back