Robert Whittaker Is an absolute Monster

MescalineDreams

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's a little weird I slept on this guy during his early come up. After watching some of his earlier fights, Some of his techniques are just straight up masterful. He's a savage, seems like a special fighter.

Even though he's the champ, I'm almost thinking he's a little underrated at this point. He's fucking ridiculously good. There's a reason why GSP dodged a fight with him.

Yep, he's the god. Hope he gets through that whole staph thing and makes a full recovery.

It's a little weird I slept on this guy during his early come up. After watching some of his earlier fights, Some of his techniques are just straight up masterful. He's a savage, seems like a special fighter.

Even though he's the champ, I'm almost thinking he's a little underrated at this point. He's fucking ridiculously good. There's a reason why GSP dodged a fight with him.

I underrated him heaps, mainly cos he’s Australian and our mma scene isn’t the best. Wasn’t until he beat Jacare abd even still I was shocked

hes a monster, but how do you get staph and chicken pox in the same week? whats next ebola

Hes a badass and yes very underrated. His hype train hasnt got going yet and hes the champ of one of the most stacked divisions? Crazy.

Last edited:
Somehow he's flown under my radar for awhile. Definitely legit though

hes a monster, but how do you get staph and chicken pox in the same week? whats next ebola
Yeah, he definitely shouldn't have backed out of the fight considering it was still a month away. Kevin Lee actually fought while he had a staph infection. Whittaker had a whole month to recover.

As for him being an absolute monster...

thyy.gif

He's a really good fighter, but he's not an absolute monster.

Yeah, he definitely shouldn't have backed out of the fight considering it was still a month away. Kevin Lee actually fought while he had a staph infection. Whittaker had a whole month to recover.

thyy.gif

Yes he is an absolute monster if you have any sort of fight IQ

He's lucky the real champ stepped aside.

thyy.gif

Pretty sure Kevin Lee had it on his skin whereas Whittaker had it in his stomach. Also he didn't do as well at WW because of the weight cut.

I believe the pox were a direct result from the staph (the same staph that was "eating his insides" lol)
Couldn't explain to you how that happens but I believe that's the reason he had both back to back... Must have SUCKED!!!

Man I'll be honest, I respect Whittaker's skills, but unfortunately I'm still sleeping on him. I watched him vs. Jacare & Yoel and he obviously beat them both, but IMO it was in kind of boring fashion - he seems very workmanlike, just doing what needs to be done to get the W (a la GSP - although I'm aware he KO'ed Jacare). I'm not even the type of guy who needs a glorified kickboxing match to be entertained but Whittaker seems slightly boring I just can't put my finger on it... please let me know what your favorite aspects of his game are and feel free to let me know which of his fights I should check out on fight pass!

Hes a badass and yes very underrated. his hype train hasnt got going yet and hes the champ of the most stacked division? crazy.

I'm a big fan of him but MW isn't the most stacked, let's be honest here.

I believe the pox were a direct result from the staph (the same staph that was "eating his insides" lol)
Couldn't explain to you how that happens but I believe that's the reason he had both back to back... Must have SUCKED!!!

Man I'll be honest, I respect Whittaker's skills, but unfortunately I'm still sleeping on him. I watched him vs. Jacare & Yoel and he obviously beat them both, but IMO it was in kind of boring fashion - he seems very workmanlike, just doing what needs to be done to get the W (a la GSP - although I'm aware he KO'ed Jacare). I'm not even the type of guy who needs a glorified kickboxing match to be entertained but Whittaker seems slightly boring I just can't put my finger on it... please let me know what your favorite aspects of his game are and feel free to let me know which of his fights I should check out on fight pass!
You can start with that highlight.

If I hadn't gone back and watched some of his old fights, maybe I'd still be sleeping on him a bit too. When you piece It all together It's like damn.

Yep. Every one in a while a special talent like Cain, Shogun, Fedor comes along who just does everything a little better.. faster, more precise, with less effort.. When you're just a normal human, you can't do anything against these guys, no matter how hard you train.

I remember when he knocked "this is easy!" silly. Been a fan ever since

T Wood would beat him. I know this because, Wood beat Thompson. That’s basically all I gotta say about that.

Cheers,

Back