ROBOCOP RETURNS (Lands Little Monsters Director)

Its a tough one.

the technology around RoboCop at the time kind of made the movie imo. he was clunky and awkward in speech and movement and there were little special effects used and that is because we, the viewers did not know how far robotic technology would advance.

Today, with the knowledge we have about Robotics and where they are going Robocop would need to be more human like, almost like a Mr Data from STNG in terms of speech and function and smoothness of operations. Or even more like a Vision from the Avengers movies. Not sure that will sell as well in this concept.
The fk you talkin about? Our robotics to enhance human strength has been enhancing at a snail's pace, and if anything makes Robocop look more realistic.

Its a tough one.

the technology around RoboCop at the time kind of made the movie imo. he was clunky and awkward in speech and movement and there were little special effects used and that is because we, the viewers did not know how far robotic technology would advance.

Today, with the knowledge we have about Robotics and where they are going Robocop would need to be more human like, almost like a Mr Data from STNG in terms of speech and function and smoothness of operations. Or even more like a Vision from the Avengers movies. Not sure that will sell as well in this concept.

Isn't that what they tried to do with the 2014 remake?

Personally I don't see how they'll make this work. The impact of the original Robocop films came from them being released at the height of the US crime epidemic and the drug war. Robocop already fought those battles, and these days half the country advocates for letting criminals out of prison and drug legalization. A modern Robocop will either fight terrorists or get woke, and neither one of those scenarios sounds fun to me.

All except a few of the sequels of those movies (Aliens, T2, Robocop 2) have fucking SUCKED. Hollywood suits don't know what made those movies timeless classics and never will.

The fk you talkin about? Our robotics to enhance human strength has been enhancing at a snail's pace, and if anything makes Robocop look more realistic.

I typed "advancing," and it auto corrected to "enhancing" for the second time the word is used there. Man, use a word once and your phone really thinks you like it.

Fact is, if I was not clear. That our expectation now of what advanced high future tech would look like is no longer Robocop. At that point, as per the status of our expectations Robocop was cool future tech. Now tech that looks and moves like this

giphy.gif

would be seen as slow and clunky and not advanced.

This is our expectation of really high tech Future Tech now.both in speech and fluid movement

source.gif

Isn't that what they tried to do with the 2014 remake?

Personally I don't see how they'll make this work. The impact of the original Robocop films came from them being released at the height of the US crime epidemic and the drug war. Robocop already fought those battles, and these days half the country advocates for letting criminals out of prison and drug legalization. A modern Robocop will either fight terrorists or get woke, and neither one of those scenarios sounds fun to me.
Didn't watch 2014 remake after bad reviews.

LOL sign me up for Woke Robocop. We need another comedy buddy cop movie. Pair him up with Paul Blart Mall Cop and lets go.

Cool. But fuuuuuuuuuck. Why Robocop and not Alien? Dammit.

Because Ridley Scott got butthurt Blomkamp's vision for his Aliens was getting more hype than the sequel to Prometheus...so he threw a tantrum to the studio and we ended up getting that piece of shit Covenant instead.

smh leave robocop alone last movie sucked ass I couldn't even finish it.

they definitely need to ignore robocop 3 and the remake.

Not a whole lot to keep about #2 either. It was mediocre and the lore that it added (didn't a 12 year old run the entire city or something) doesn't really need to survive. Certainly blows #3 out of the water and I liked it better than the remake as well. Man they missed the bullseye by about a mile with that reboot.

Didn't forget it at all. "District 9" was an amazing movie with so many layers.

Then he tried to do it again...and again...and again...

It was like a guy who told an amazing joke one time and got laughs from everyone, and tried to replicate it over and over, without understanding what made the joke so good in the first place.

One trick pony, that Blomkamp guy.

I’m pretty sure by “first movie” he meant the first Robocop, not Blomkamp’s films.

This fucking sucks. I want a new predator. A new aliens. And a new Robocop. And Friday the 13th

But we can't have them cuz of whining bitching fans of the 1980 movies. This is why we can't fucking have nice things.

The new Friday the 13th wasn't even that bad.

Instead we get nothing but prissy shit like moonlight, la la land and captain marvel

We got both a new Alien and a new Predator in the last two years and both of them were total DOGSHIT

We got both a new Alien and a new Predator in the last two years and both of them were total DOGSHIT

And in both cases the proper course was pretty obvious.

Blomkamp's Alien 2.5 with aged Ripley and Hicks was almost a sure winner, though Blomkamp might not be the perfect choice. But just follow their story and they're thrown back in the mix, Bladerunner 2049 / Creed style.

Same with Predator. Bring back aged Dutch, maybe with PTSD from the first encounter or something. But he's the only expert on the subject so he has to go back in, Aliens style.

And just add to the lore organically, revealing a little bit more but not too much (like Aliens did re: Alien).

But instead it has to be postmodern jokey self aware dog shit like The Predator, or super-serious flip the previous movies entirely on their head dog shit like Prometheus and Covenant. Space Jockey is just a bald dude, expectations subverted.

And in both cases the proper course was pretty obvious.

Blomkamp's Alien 2.5 with aged Ripley and Hicks was almost a sure winner, though Blomkamp might not be the perfect choice. But just follow their story and they're thrown back in the mix, Bladerunner 2049 / Creed style.

Same with Predator. Bring back aged Dutch, maybe with PTSD from the first encounter or something. But he's the only expert on the subject so he has to go back in, Aliens style.

And just add to the lore organically, revealing a little bit more but not too much (like Aliens did re: Alien).

But instead it has to be postmodern jokey self aware dog shit like The Predator, or super-serious flip the previous movies entirely on their head dog shit like Prometheus and Covenant. Space Jockey is just a bald dude, expectations subverted.

This guy. He gets it.

Just hate seeing these movies get half assed thought through and become shameless money grabs.

Because Ridley Scott got butthurt Blomkamp's vision for his Aliens was getting more hype than the sequel to Prometheus...so he threw a tantrum to the studio and we ended up getting that piece of shit Covenant instead.
Its unprovable that thats how it panned out, but it sure seemed like it. I was loving the idea of 'ignoring' the sequels and going right off Aliens.

It could still happen..

I enjoyed the 2014 Robocop movie. However that scene where Alex Murphy asked how much of him was still human; that was tense.

Back