Rockhold shows Fedor's greatness

Jones has fought tons of cans. Nearly half of his wins are cans.

GSP tapped to strikes against a can.

A. Silva got tooled by cans, twice. He was dominated by a fighter who had a losing record of 4-7. That's the longest reigning UFC champion for you.

Cheers.
images (3).jpg

I think I read Hendo answering a question regarding the comparison between Andy and Fedor and he was asked to pick between the two, though not sure if it was on who would win in a possible catchweight fight or in terms of p4p greatness. He chose not to pick.
And we all know which one he beat. Spider is GOAT but I'm still butthurt about that front kick on Vitor

At 41 years old and after a year+ layoff Anderson gave the current champ a war...Meanwhile Faydoor stays fighting cans.

Anderson da GOAT.

332775.jpg
I hate Fedor so muchhh! I think about him fighting cans naked every night, whats wrong with me?

Xw7pxGM_700wa_0.gif

At 41 years old and after a year+ layoff Anderson gave the current champ a war...Meanwhile Faydoor stays fighting cans.

Anderson da GOAT.
Steroid GOAT.

You know the only reason Fedor doesn't fight top competition is because the top competition nowadays is in the UFC and UFC and him disagree on contract issues. Don't try to make it out as anything other than that. It's strictly political. Fedor has already beaten 5 UFC HW champs. He's not afraid of them.

Steroid GOAT.

You know the only reason Fedor doesn't fight top competition is because the top competition nowadays is in the UFC and UFC and him disagree on contract issues. Don't try to make it out as anything other than that. It's strictly political. Fedor has already beaten 5 UFC HW champs. He's not afraid of them. He just has nothing left to prove.
Whatever makes you feel better about him fighting cans.

Bisping has certainly shown us once again that a fighter outside of the top few in the division can be a threat to the top guy however much the UFC look to push the idea that the best guys are on another level. MMA is just too open a sport and the style matchups are too diverse for a skilled fighter to be a "gimmie" to anyone.

To sidetrack a bit I actually think Rockhold looks to copy Fedor a good deal in his boxing. He has the same low hands and focus on head/hip movement and controlling distance for defence. I think he's actually pretty good at it as well but is IMHO held back relative to Fedor by a lack of speed and dangerous offence that means opponents can hunt him down a bit more. Not sure Bisping will be able to pull it off again but I suspect someone like say Rumble at LHW would be a danger.

If you've watched mma for 10-15 years your goat is probably Fedor.
If not he's overated can crusher

Rockhold thinks Fedor is GOAT.

And Fedor haters think Fedor is the can crusher, when chances are, their favorite fighter's favorite fighter is probably Fedor in all likelihood at one point or another.

It's never easy to win a fight, even the ones when they are expected to win, and even more so, that could be the hardest, lacking motivation and etc. As a matter of fact, Fedor has top ten top fight wins that is comparable to fighters that's often mentioned in GOAT discussions, obvious answer of which is Fedor.

But, it's never easy to win a fight against a professional athlete, especially in a fight where two heavyweight fighters are fighting with 4 oz gloves on, especially when you fight balls out like Fedor does.
Fedor haters are a joke. Anyone who watched him knows what a special fighter he was. A can crusher who was crushing "cans" like Big Nog (widely considered the second greatest HW of all time), CroCop (The King without a crown), Heath Herring, Arlovski, Tim Sylvia (statistically the greatest HW in UFC history, no really look it up), Coleman when he was still considered a contender, Hunt, the list goes on.

Realistically, Fedor could have fought as low as MW. Instead he chose to use his speed and skill advantage at HW where one shot can end your night. By the time he got to Strikeforce, he was not near the fighter he was in his prime. In his prime, he was Ruthian in his accomplishments.

So let them hate away. His accomplishments and near unanimous GOAT ranking by most fighters and MMA publications speak for themselves.

It does show the weakness of the "rankings only" style of rating achievement that doesn't factor in the potential danger of lesser opponents. You look at Fedor's career for example and what I think a lot of newer fans miss is that he had fights like Fujita and Randleman where he faced a fighter who was good but not one of the very very best who managed to threaten him and he came though that danger. Those fights as much as Nog and Crocop are really what made a lot of his legend.

He has faced more cans than Jones, GSP, and DJ combined.

Sure he fought some cans, but unlike all three of the aforementioned fighters, he wasn't scurred to fight larger men. Fedor was out of shape GSP sized and fought men that Johnny Bones would run from; run from faster than a white man in San Jose. DJ was beat handily by Cruz. People point to the size difference, but the size disparity between Cruz an DJ is much less than Fedor regularly encountered. If Fedor was MM, he would be fighting at WW and destroying fools. The same exact thing goes for GSP.

Rockhold makes Fedor look like a midget, yet can't string together more than 4 wins against comp that is smaller and less formidable than Fedor beat regularly. People go so far as making fun of the Lindland win, Lindland was just as large as Fedor, was an Olympic medalist and was so dominant that the UFC black listed him for fear of him lay n praying their best. Mighty Mouse beats someone equivelant to a green Lindland and he is declared P4P king.

The Fedor Saga only tells us one thing; never under estimate the power of money, propaganda and the effect that media can have on the way people think. Fedor is the Conor that never got tapped by Duffy and wouldn't lose to Diaz. Fedor is the Conor that goes up to WW and KO's Lawler and keeps slaying fools for the next decade.

Back