Rockhold vs Gastelum

gastelum after watching luke vs yoel

i thought luke would have reinvented himself but he still has the same issues that got him embarassed by bisping. gastelums boxing and hands are crisp and luke cant get him down

on the flip side tho gastelum isnt nearly as strong/powerful as romero gastelum doesn't really charge in and blitz guys like yoel does. still think he finds lukes chin tho after pressuring him. luke backs up with his chin up and doesnt use footwork to escape

Luke wins this. Let's not make the mistake of underrating him after this last fight. He was fighting Yoel Romero.

Remember how much bigger Weidman looked than Kelvin and how badly he dominated him on the ground? Luke is bigger than Weidman and better on the ground, with much better stand-up.

Luke wins this. Let's not make the mistake of underrating him after this last fight. He was fighting Yoel Romero.

Remember how much bigger Weidman looked than Kelvin and how badly he dominated him on the ground? Luke is bigger than Weidman and better on the ground, with much better stand-up.

Chris is great at shooting, and Luke isnt. Thats all the difference. Seems like Rockhold can only take guys down from the clinch.

Luke would absolutely manhandle Kelvin.

I'd bet on Luke. If Magny can beat him Luke can. Who has KG beaten besides a Bisping who was concussed and choked out 3 weeks before?

A better test for KG would be Thiago Santos.

Chris is great at shooting, and Luke isnt. Thats all the difference. Seems like Rockhold can only take guys down from the clinch.
Luke would win. Kelvin got overrated quickly at MW after beating Vitor and Kennedy, who were both WAY past their best days.

And then Bisping who was still suffering from a concussion from GSP.

gastelum after watching luke vs yoel

i thought luke would have reinvented himself but he still has the same issues that got him embarassed by bisping. gastelums boxing and hands are crisp and luke cant get him down

on the flip side tho gastelum isnt nearly as strong/powerful as romero gastelum doesn't really charge in and blitz guys like yoel does. still think he finds lukes chin tho after pressuring him. luke backs up with his chin up and doesnt use footwork to escape

It's true that gas is neither as strong or powerful as homero, however his boxing is better than bisping's, and does more damage; we saw what the count was able to do to cockhold when he landed cleanly, so I expect calvin would be able to knock luke out as well.

Remember how gastelum dropped whineman at the end of the first? If luke gets caught with that same shot, he isn't making it to the next round. Also, keep in mind that rockhold's takedowns are nowhere near as good or imposing as the chris's.

Luke is looking kind of susceptible to get hit and left hands, Kelvin will cause him trouble, but his size and kicks might do the trick, he wouldnt take him down like Weidman did.

I'd bet on Luke. If Magny can beat him Luke can. Who has KG beaten besides a Bisping who was concussed and choked out 3 weeks before?

A better test for KG would be Thiago Santos.

He almost KO'd weidman with his boxing. Weidman has better hands and defense then Rockhold too.

Last edited:
Rockhold should go to LHW where the competition is easier :)

If Luke and Gastellum did fight, I give the edge to Gastellum. Youth, momentum, less damage absorbed - all of these are on his side.

Wow, it seems like Cockhold is still insanely overrated on this forum. Do you guys have a man crush on him?

I know Luke battered Weidman and Weidman just beat Kelvin, but Kelvin's handspeed, accuracy and power combined with Cockhold's awful chin and defence makes it an easy pick - Kelvin knocks him out cold in the first round.

He almost KO'd weidman his boxing. Weidman has better hands and defense then Rockhold too.
He had a 2 second knockdown in a fight where weidman tooled him for 95% of the time and made him quit. Y'all weidman haters need to let that go.

I get that Luke's chin is suspect though.

He had a 2 second knockdown in a fight where weidman tooled him for 95% of the time and made him quit. Y'all weidman haters need to let that go.

I actually won a like 500 on weidman for that fight.

Weidman has good boxing. He can contend with Kelvin in the boxing range. Rockhold cant. thats the difference here.

I actually won a like 500 on weidman for that fight.

Weidman has good boxing. He can contend with Kelvin in the boxing range. Rockhold cant. thats the difference here.
True. I think it'd be an interesting fight. Whoever can impose their will I suppose.

weidman tooled gastelum? in what area? definitely not stand up because weidman didnt land a single strikes that stun gastelum.

Every decent boxer will KTFO Rockhold

Back