Rocky Balboa in real life.

He may have done better in MMA, thought he showed a few more tricks against Thunderlips.

What you gotta worry about is if Rocky fights you in your backyard and leads with that inspiring speech he closed Rocky IV with. If he leads with that, the whole arena and the judges will be in his back pocket. We all know Rocky always goes the distance, so you'll get screwed on the cards.

i dunno man, his speech from VI/Rocky Balboa to his son was pretty good too

i dunno man, his speech from VI/Rocky Balboa to his son was pretty good too

I'm actually going on record to say that he had some damn fine words in that speech to his kid. Twas good stuff. No sarcasm.

I'm actually going on record to say that he had some damn fine words in that speech to his kid. Twas good stuff. No sarcasm.

but back to the original point of this...he had a ton of fights, mostly with lower level guys at the beginning and that padded his record a bit. he improved and won titles but he takes WAY too much damage to have a long career.

joe frazier says that stallone had interviewed him and other boxers for a part in the movie but he thought he was really mining boxers for ideas and he got them, joe worked in a meat shop and ran the steps to the whatever monument that was in philly, he got a bit part in the movie though, in his opinion sly was just using the boxers.

I get tired of people thinking I told him I do this and he put it in the movie so he owes me. There is a million ways to make Rocky and for it to suck. The fact that Stallone did some research helped it succeed.

He kicked the shit out of tommy Morrison, so he could probably snag a belt.

I get tired of people thinking I told him I do this and he put it in the movie so he owes me. There is a million ways to make Rocky and for it to suck. The fact that Stallone did some research helped it succeed.
I guess so but it sounded deceptive how he did it, like he was going to put them in the movie, Joe seemed a little pissed at it years later. You got to remember, when people come from poverty, that's all they think about is money. Everything is framed around money, as disgusting and vile as it might seem sometimes that's what poverty does to people. Floyd Mayweather? I don't know what the fuck happened to him, he didn't grow up poor that I know of, he just wants to be a heel I guess but he's a good example of how money just infests the brains of poor folks. I had to tell my best friend a few years ago to stop talking about money with me because I wasn't really interested in the subject.

I guess so but it sounded deceptive how he did it, like he was going to put them in the movie, Joe seemed a little pissed at it years later. You got to remember, when people come from poverty, that's all they think about is money. Everything is framed around money, as disgusting and vile as it might seem sometimes that's what poverty does to people. Floyd Mayweather? I don't know what the fuck happened to him, he didn't grow up poor that I know of, he just wants to be a heel I guess but he's a good example of how money just infests the brains of poor folks. I had to tell my best friend a few years ago to stop talking about money with me because I wasn't really interested in the subject.

I have a buddy who grew up rich; family owns several properties and businesses in more than one country. I guess money was obviously a big deal for them because he can't stop talking about it either. He will brag to anybody who'll listen about how much he makes and he makes the mistake of thinking that's all you need in order to pick up chicks. He randomly throws out how much money he makes when we're trying to pick up girls and they're reaction is usually, "Um okay." He must be rare a case of one thinking money is everything, despite having been around quite a lot of it growing up. Hearing what he says about his family does not make me envy his position though.

I have a buddy who grew up rich; family owns several properties and businesses in more than one country. I guess money was obviously a big deal for them because he can't stop talking about it either. He will brag to anybody who'll listen about how much he makes and he makes the mistake of thinking that's all you need in order to pick up chicks. He randomly throws out how much money he makes when we're trying to pick up girls and they're reaction is usually, "Um okay." He must be rare a case of one thinking money is everything, despite having been around quite a lot of it growing up. Hearing what he says about his family does not make me envy his position though.
must be a really insecure guy for him to do that. The better off people I know don't talk about money very much at all, the poor people I know talk about it all the fucking time and it's annoying. It's like being hungry and talking about fried chicken and cheeseburgers all the time. And then, there are people who look like they have money and act like they are broke, no telling what's really going on in people's lives.

Liev Schreiber was to handsome for portraying him.

Back