Media Rogan thought Andrea Lee was Russian

So because someone “looks russian” let’s call her KGB? That is such a childish bullshit. At least he did not called her vodka.

It is like seeing someone who looks asian and calling that person “Pokemon”

No, its like Wanderlei Silva choosing the nickname "The Axe Murderer" or Chael Sonnen choosing the nickname "The American Gangster" or Rose Namajunas choosing "Thug" or Jessica "Evil" Eye. Some fighters want a nickname that they think sounds evil, scary, and badass because that's how they want their opponents to think of them. The KGB were about the most evil, scary, and badass Russians that one can think of. Hence the choice. Plus it rhymed with her name Lee, so it sounded euphonious.

Do you have a source on that? I always thought that was a myth

Regardless, there isn't a people in human history that wouldn't have done the same thing the Europeans did

Humans are fucked up and cruel, whether you're Chinese, Russian, or American, this endless argument about who is worse or more fucked up is so tired. Even though I understand a lot of Americans think everything America has ever done is morally righteous which is far from the truth
If you can't be bothered to do a 30 second google, I can't help you.

You spent your whole life believing that it was a myth instead of, you know, doing your due diligence and actually researching for the correct answer. But why bother? You already revealed that it doesn't matter to you because all nation have committed atrocities.

Keep getting all teary eyed while sipping your Busch light and listening to the star spangled banner before nascar bro. Murica right?

If you can't be bothered to do a 30 second google, I can't help you.

You spent your whole life believing that it was a myth instead of, you know, doing your due diligence and actually researching for the correct answer. But why bother? You already revealed that it doesn't matter to you because all nation have committed atrocities.

Keep getting all teary eyed while sipping your Busch light and listening to the star spangled banner before nascar bro. Murica right?
I did lol, everything I see says it was unintentional, which is why I asked you for a source that you obviously can't find/don't have

I don't drink alcohol, watch Nascar, and I'm not really nationalistic... keep putting everyone who disagrees with you in a bubble

If we're putting people in bubbles though... why do I feel like you're in this one?
200.gif

he KGB were about the most evil, scary, and badass Russians that one can think of.

It's kinda funny because nobody in Russia actually thinks that. KGB were feared and often hated, but never considered badass or admired like spetsnaz or VDV (airborne forces).

It's kinda funny because nobody in Russia actually thinks that. KGB were feared and often hated, but never considered badass or admired like spetsnaz or VDV (airborne forces).
I doubt that she or her team cared anything about the actual KGB or Russia. They probably knew about the KGB from watching a spy movie or something like that.

the gulag is one topic for example, that has a lot of misinformation going on about in various books and history classes. most people in "gulags" were regular criminals, just like in any country. the soviet prison system also had a survival rate of about 95%, so to compare it to the nazis is silly as fuck.
iirc the US currently holds a bigger percentage of its population locked up than the USSR ever did. forced labour was common in prisons all over europe, but they abolished it along with the USSR, the US still has it however.

also, the gulag is a system. it consist of high profile prisons, similar to current day western prisons. low percentage of criminals ended up there. there were also labour camps, and again, at the time common practice. they were also big on internal exile, sending a person to a remote area where they can live in relative freedom however they want, only had to check in every now and then. sounds better than rikers island to me
<36>

The US does not send children to labor camps. Lol at "live relative freedom". Relative to what, exactly? You needed horses and caucasian ovcharkas just to minimize the risk of getting eaten by wolves.

Oh, they didn't all die of starvation and exhaustion, only 5-10%, which is about like a pretty standard prison. Lol, how many prisoners here are children who have to sleep in a ditch with their parents in Siberia until they finish building their own prison to have an indoor place to sleep?

Source: my fiancee's grandfather was in the goddamn gulag when he was 7.

<36>

The US does not send children to labor camps. Lol at "live relative freedom". Relative to what, exactly? You needed horses and caucasian ovcharkas just to minimize the risk of getting eaten by wolves.

Oh, they didn't all die of starvation and exhaustion, only 5-10%, which is about like a pretty standard prison. Lol, how many prisoners here are children who have to sleep in a ditch with their parents in Siberia until they finish building their own prison to have an indoor place to sleep?

Source: my fiancee's grandfather was in the goddamn gulag when he was 7.
<Dany07>
0fae836a5c58418b5ca0c68b435f0499.jpg

United States would forcefully separate native American children....indoctrinate them, got rid of their cultures, sexually abuse them, kept in unsanitary conditions where they will get disease, and use them as labor.

Read up on American Indian Boarding Schools.

That’s just stupid. Rogan’s a moron. She’s clearly related to One FC champs Angela and Christian Lee, which means she’s obviously Korean.

No, its like Wanderlei Silva choosing the nickname "The Axe Murderer" or Chael Sonnen choosing the nickname "The American Gangster" or Rose Namajunas choosing "Thug" or Jessica "Evil" Eye. Some fighters want a nickname that they think sounds evil, scary, and badass because that's how they want their opponents to think of them. The KGB were about the most evil, scary, and badass Russians that one can think of. Hence the choice. Plus it rhymed with her name Lee, so it sounded euphonious.

No, the thing is that one of her teammates thought she looked russian and since KGB is probably one of the very few things he knew about Russia he decided to call her that way.

<Dany07>
0fae836a5c58418b5ca0c68b435f0499.jpg

United States would forcefully separate native American children....indoctrinate them, got rid of their cultures, sexually abuse them, kept in unsanitary conditions where they will get disease, and use them as labor.

Read up on American Indian Boarding Schools.
<JagsKiddingMe>

Oh no, not boarding school.

No, the thing is that one of her teammates thought she looked russian and since KGB is probably one of the very few things he knew about Russia he decided to call her that way.
<LikeReally5>
And the fact that the KGB is associated with scary, violent badasses had nothing to do with it? It was just one of the few things they knew about Russia?
<YeahOKJen>

I did lol, everything I see says it was unintentional, which is why I asked you for a source that you obviously can't find/don't have

I don't drink alcohol, watch Nascar, and I'm not really nationalistic... keep putting everyone who disagrees with you in a bubble

If we're putting people in bubbles though... why do I feel like you're in this one?
200.gif
Click on any result after a google with .edu in the web address and educate yourself

Or keep getting your information from the history channel website lolololol fuck man, you are a fucking prick so keep your limited world view to the grave for all I care.

Let's pretend you are right tho... So how do you explain the government paying for scalps (proof of kill)...? Was that unintentional?

And my bad for misidentifying you, I should have known you were the spoiled and shitty offspring of some Busch light swigging, nascar watching, hillbilly

Click on any result after a google with .edu in the web address and educate yourself

Or keep getting your information from the history channel website lolololol fuck man, you are a fucking prick so keep your limited world view to the grave for all I care.

Let's pretend you are right tho... So how do you explain the government paying for scalps (proof of kill)...? Was that unintentional?

And my bad for misidentifying you, I should have known you were the spoiled and shitty offspring of some Busch light swigging, nascar watching, hillbilly
Well you still can't provide a source lol

Hahaha I'm not saying America has never done anything wrong, even though like I said, I was just curious about that specific claim and you took it super personally... you do realize Native Americans were constantly at war with each other though right? It's hilarious you're mad European settlers didn't get to America and just turn around because Native Americans were claiming it, that's not the nature of human beings, and not how the world worked back then at all, every single other culture would've done the exact same shit if in that position. People like you are just pissed America is the world superpower lol.

Honestly, you're just super toxic buddy, I'm sorry someone hurt you, no need to project your insecurities onto everyone else

Also, my entire family are college-educated, non-hillbillies so big swing and a miss on trying to hurt my feelings with that shit lmao for some reason I feel like yours aren't <6>

For a guy who is regularly referred to as ‘an encyclopedia of fighting/mma knowledge’ on here, he sure says a lot of clueless shit.

I thought she was Russian or some sort of eastern European at first too. Nickname + looks of Russian descent. Still, if she hasn't fought for a while and I see her it takes a second or two for me to remind myself she's American.

As to nickname itself, it almost as tasteless and bad as Nikita Krylov's "Al Capone" Gimmick.

dvSvp8l6Ur8LOX5DyVsO9nR0vPowsQXWJi1OgyGFzyNYERGwtT0yQ9dmzAtLptq1IE8X-_VFXNznFWicWpjaunqzxYUD6I1BU7rAasRElw

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fullmetalharts
Back