Roger Federer or Novak Djokovic - Who's the KING of kings in Tennis?

Who's the KING of kings in Tennis?

• Total voters
Joker came along in Feds prime and pushed his shit in

I'd say Federer absolute prime was in the mid/late 00's and during that spell he was getting the best of him.

Federer going just past his prime though was playing in a very tough environment with the other big 4 guys being in their primes, tougher I'd argue than Djokovic in the last few years. Murray was croked and whilst Nadal carried on winning the French Open for years he was often missing or in bad form for a lot of the season. Federer himself had a bit of a resurgence in the late 00's I'd say partly for the same reasons.

To be honest I think Federer, Nadal and Djokovic are probably the three best players ever and really judgement between them is going to be tough, even Murray I think in another era would probably have had half a dozen grand slams wins or more. Djokovic will I'm guessing end up with 4-5 more grand slam wins than the other two.

Novak is the best n not really that close . He separated himself imo in the greatest era of mens tennis since the early 80s. With Roger/Nadal/Novak. Actually only Borg hangs with any of those 3.

It's great that 3 of top 5 ever played right around same time with Rogger getting a head start. Other 2 are Borg and Sampras

Last edited:
Alcaraz was born in May 2003... I mean, same year Novak turned pro, lol
Carlos-Alcaraz-world-no-1.jpg

Oh, and they're 1-1 already
2-1

24. Dude would legitimately have had a shot at 30 if not for COVID. Gotta be the favorite at the AO. Beyond that not sure due to his age.

Another one for Novak solidifying his GOAT status

Gotta think he gets to 25, right? Then he can say that no man or woman in history has won as many majors as him.

Novak is unquestioned GOAT of the sport of tennis. There's no debate. He played in greatest era for men's tennis (in terms of talent) , he dominated the #2 ever player Federer when it mattered. At his age he is still dominant.

More importantly, at grand slams, Nadal reigns supreme:

Nadal: 66% in 32 matches
Djokovic: 51% in 35 matches
Federer: 32% (LOL) in 31 matches

Nadal has the highest win percentage on the biggest stage against the absolute best competition. Meanwhile, Federer is scraping the bottom of the barrel while playing the least amount of matches.
RequiredMeekGrosbeak-size_restricted.gif

Nadal is the guy that most likely gets eliminated in the early rounds, he didnt even made the QF of Wimbledon in 6 straight years (2012-2017) and was absent two more times, if the other guys had played so poorly at the French Open Nadal 's direct win loss record would take a hit at least vs Djokovic.

After winning his first GS Nadal missed the QF 19 times prior to 2020. Djokovic only 8 and Federer 12 but he did started skipping the French open from 2016 onwards.

Last edited:
Nadal is the guy that most likely gets eliminated in the early rounds, he didnt even made the QF of Wimbledon in 6 straight years (2012-2017) and was absent two more times, if the other guys had played so poorly at the French Open Nadal 's direct win loss record would go to hell.

Lol. You guys are so fucking clueless it's hilarious.

Nadal's winning percentage at Wimbledon is 83%.

Federer's winning percentage at the French is 81%.

<36>

In case you're still struggling, 83 > 81. Oh and Federer made the semis at the French once after 2012.

Take some time to learn about what you're trying to argue before actually arguing.

Lol. You guys are so fucking clueless it's hilarious.

Nadal's winning percentage at Wimbledon is 83%.

Federer's winning percentage at the French is 81%.

<36>

In case you're still struggling, 83 > 81. Oh and Federer made the semis at the French once after 2012.

Take some time to learn about what you're trying to argue before actually arguing.

And he failed to make the QF 6 straight times at Wimbledon and 19 times overall in GS tournaments during his prime where he would have faced more likely Djokovic and Federer.

<36>

Novak is unquestioned GOAT of the sport of tennis. There's no debate. He played in greatest era for men's tennis (in terms of talent) , he dominated the #2 ever player Federer when it mattered. At his age he is still dominant.

This!

And he failed to make the QF 6 straight times at Wimbledon and 19 times overall in GS tournaments during his prime where he would have faced more likely Djokovic and Federer.

<36>

And Federer failed to make the QF over 20 times.

<36>

Hard court H2H at grand slams: Nadal - 3, Federer 1. Federer couldn't even get a win on hard courts at a grand slam until both were in wheelchairs.

<36>

There's no other order than:

1. Novak
2. Nadal
3. Federer

Federer - slighty more dominant at his peak.
Djokovic - slightly more longevity and consistency.

Not 20 in his prime, if you are counting overall Nadal missed the QF a lot more.

<36>

Yup, it's 20 in his prime if you're going to play that game with Nadal.

It's hilarious that when Novak wins, Federer fan girls have a meltdown over Nadal.

<36>

Oh and don't forget this gem.

What happened when Nadal and Federer played at Roland Garros?

<36>

I'd say:
Fed peaked in 2006.
Nadal peaked in 2009.
Djokovic peakd in 2016.
I would say Novak started his peak in 2011 honestly as he won 3 of 4 slams that year.

I'm not as enthralled with Nadal as some as by far most his slams were 1 event which he dominated . While Fed n Novacks were spread out. There's no denying those 3 are in top 5 ever at least.

Back