Roger Gracie vs Comprido (video)

MrBen

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Roger Gracie vs Rodrigo Comprido, 2015 IBJJF Black Belt League Super Fight 7/10/2015

Classic Roger Gracie - slow, methodical, unstoppable.

"Hey, 7 times world champion, let me do a basic closed guard sweep on you, thx"

2 on motherfcking 1!

I'm the biggest Marcelo fan in the world. With that being said no one make Jiu Jitsu look more simple or elementary than Roger.

Roger doing that Roger thing is so beautiful!

So nice to watch this awesome basic fundamentals and not have to see that stupid double guard pulling, trying to upside down all the time, berimbolo bullshit, scissor banging bullshit, we see a lot these days. Old school BJJ rules!

So nice to watch this awesome basic fundamentals and not have to see that stupid double guard pulling, trying to upside down all the time, berimbolo bullshit, scissor banging bullshit, we see a lot these days. Old school BJJ rules!

Hell yeah love old school grappling. Tho I got respect for Marcelo's new school game too, he never stalled or gamed the system for points

wow, roger back in the flesh, putting on another show.

How can you not love Roger?

Sad to see Comprido picked apart like that, but Roger impressed the hell out of me. I have always preferred the basics VS "new school"

How the hell did the BJJ world let me forget this was happening today?

Well then don't forget about Pe de Pano vs Xande tomorrow!

And while Comprido got smoked, that single leg entry has been Roger's kryptonite forever, and it was great to see it exploited. IIRC, Jacare worked that to great effect in their brown and black belt matches.

Back