Rolling Reflections: Marcelo Garcia

Yea if someone could comment on getting under chin that would be awesome
Posted via Mobile Device

Yea if someone could comment on getting under chin that would be awesome
Posted via Mobile Device

Once you wrap the head if their chin is tucked you can sprawl back so that your armpit/lat falls into the space. You can even use the front of your shoulder to pry the space open and then drop into it. I realize that probably sounds cryptic...

It was really fun watching that roll with the "victim" commenting on whats happening, like he explains how marcelo is playing with his balance and his grip strength on the 2on1.

The thing i really want to see is commenting from a high level grappler on one of his matches in the ADCC / Mundials. What they were thinking when they were doing this and that, how they stay a few steps in front of the other guy etc

Hi gullis187, this is Bill from BJJ Weekly.

We have a number of Rolling Reflections up, a few with the expert doing the commentary. We are working on getting more of them. We'll be posting one later of Marcello commentating on a roll with one of his blackbelts that we filmed the same day.

You might also like the Robson Moura one -

YouTube - Rolling Reflections - Robson Moura - BJJ Weekly #045

Bill

Wouldn't have explained this if I had went to the last page and seen MC explaining it! I'll leave it up though.

What a smooth N/S choke. I think a gypsy placed a curse on me; forever wanting to be able to N/S choke, but being utterly incompetent at doing so.

Went to a really small seminar with Jeff Monson. He said to make sure their chin is facing away from your body. Then he said hold it like a baby which was funny with him flexing his arm.

Also, if you have their head in your right arm form an X with your arms keeping your right arm on top of your left. Don't clasp your hands. You want to keep your hands open like a "karate chop" and slide your hands towards your arm pits coming up onto your toes.

I don't know the guy's name. I do know that Marcelo is one of the few guys that does competitions in the same way he rolls. He just moves faster, but his entire game is the same.

Frank Shamrock rolls this way. He plays at your speed for a bit and then staying with the same flow and exertion he just slowly but steadily starts doing the same things but much faster and chained together much longer.

He does the same in striking which isn't any funner. Striking at your pace for 2 minutes of the round then turning it up a bit to see if you can keep up for 2 minutes then saves the last minute for really letting you know you actually can't keep up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back