Romero beats you at your game- which of the 3 is his most impressive feat?

Readybodisready

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
-
tumblr_nqn1s3C7YE1rofocqo1_400.gif

Outstruck Machida standing. Sure Machida was on the slide and the TD threat was a big issue but it was still amazing and people didn't expect this.

-
gettyimages-501164402.jpg

Went into Jacare's guard and nearly KHTFO with his GnP. Just violently blasted right through a world class ATG grappler. I don't think I've ever seen this done in MMA before. Nobody even tries it because it's so dangerous. See Fedor-Werdum.

-
DisloyalLoneCommongonolek-size_restricted.gif

Ragdolling Weidman who was known as one of the best wrestlers in MMA. He outwrestled him so well he had his timing down to a pat which set up the flying knee.

Which one impressed you the most? For me it's the GnP on Jacare, somebody please post a gif of it and the aftermath when Souza gets up completely wobbled.

Love all three. But beating Weidman with that crazy knee was awesome. Cant wait for him to fight for the title.

-

Which one impressed you the most? For me it's the GnP on Jacare, somebody please post a gif of it and the aftermath when Souza gets up completely wobbled.

That's what won the fight.

I don't get the bums who say Jacare won. You don't win a fight by getting smashed then wall n stalling and failing at TDs for the majority of the remaining time.

Very impressive, I also liked that Jacare pulled a Werdum and begged him to get in the guard. I bet he regretted that.

Wait. He beat Weidman at his own game by outwrestling him? Yoel is the Olympic silver medalist! I'd say that was firmly Yoel's game.

Him MurderDeathKilling Machida was the moment I thought he was already the best MW in the world.

"Romero beats you at your game"
This means Yoel beat me in a game of Scrabble.

Jacare was clearly rocked when Romero was in his guard. Yoel ragdolling Weidman was more impressive

Yoel has grappling victories over Cael Sanderson. No surprise he handled Weidman. To be sure, that was Yoels game, not Chris's.

To be fair, Cael got his revenge in the Olympics on his way to gold. But Yoel is in a very small group of people who beat the greatest ever American wrestler.

I wasn't comparing Weidman's wrestling to Yoel's. It's just Weidman's strongest point and main game and to beat him at it you have to be damn good. To ragdoll him you have to be special.

Most impressive was not answering the bell against Tim Kennedy and coming back for the win. Unparalleled creativity.

-
tumblr_nqn1s3C7YE1rofocqo1_400.gif

Outstruck Machida standing. Sure Machida was on the slide and the TD threat was a big issue but it was still amazing and people didn't expect this.

-
gettyimages-501164402.jpg

Went into Jacare's guard and nearly KHTFO with his GnP. Just violently blasted right through a world class ATG grappler. I don't think I've ever seen this done in MMA before. Nobody even tries it because it's so dangerous. See Fedor-Werdum.

-
DisloyalLoneCommongonolek-size_restricted.gif

Ragdolling Weidman who was known as one of the best wrestlers in MMA. He outwrestled him so well he had his timing down to a pat which set up the flying knee.

Beating Brunson was his most impressive IMO. He proved he never is out no matter what and now he's a much smarter fighter which is scary

I had to get over that we didn't get Romero earlier in the MMA game but now...fuck it's hard to get over that he is ATM 39 years old and only getting older by the minute I wanna see him fight for the title before he looses all his athletism which is what he relies ob

I think what's most impressive about Romero is that Tim Kennedy win. Everyone rightfully hates Kennedy, but he was a grinder and a super tough guy to finish. Romero not only recovered from being badly rocked, but finished the guy in the 3rd.

Back