Romero out, Hermansson in?

Me&MrJones

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Hermansson just submitted Branch so it's a perfect BJJ fight for a UFC main event vs. Jacaré.

Why is it not official yet?

I'd be down for this. Hermansson didn't take any damage in his last fight and should still be in good shape and fight ready. His awkward grappling vs a pure BJJ grappler like Jacare would be interesting. Plus his name is fresh in the minds of fans. Quick turn around would be good for him.

better than Camozzi
I mean, yeah, but you or I vs Jacare is a more intriguing fight at this point than another bout with Camozzi. I'd pay to see Sonny Qc vs Souza. No offense but I'd lean Jacare.

Because they have something better in the works

I mean, yeah, but you or I vs Jacare is a more intriguing fight at this point than another bout with Camozzi. I'd pay to see Sonny Qc vs Souza. No offense but I'd lean Jacare.

Damn, you dislike Sonny that much?

Because they have something better in the works

Wasn't this fight originally Costa vs Romero then Costa pulled out or something? Interesting that he's stepping back in for Romero who's injured now

5k/5k I'm in.

(the UFC can pay me in Modelo beer if they want)

Is he injured? Or maybe...

LHDQhKz.gif

Yes. Jacare-Camozzi 3. The Trilogy

I kinda think Costa has a better chance against Souza than he did against Romero. I can't quantify why I think this.
deep down inside, everyone is scared of Romero- even other fighters. That plays into our subconscious assessment of a matchup. When this was announced, I actually breathed a sigh of relief for Jacare. ANYTHING would be preferable to facing Romero again.

Jacare would shut that down real quick. He's been denied a title shot for years now despite being right at the top of the heap and shouldn't have to fight lower level guys like Hermasson at this point.

Dammit. I was actually looking forward to the Yoel/Jacare rematch. I wonder what the illness is?

Wow, jacare cannot catch a break. He'll beat up the replacement and still not advance in title contention.

Back