Law Ron DeSantis sends two planes full of illegals to Martha's Vineyard upsetting rich Democrats

Why are you going out of your way to be dense here? Lying to get people to sign a waiver under false pretense would most likely void the waiver anyways. There is a pretty substantial amount of evidence that occurred here. There is also an issue of misallocation of state fund that you are ignoring.

Massachusetts moving the immigrants to a place where they can get the services that they need is clearly not to the benefit of the state.
I'm not being dense. I found your statement to be hyperbole and I'm challenging it. I'm not sure the documents are void. And I'm not sure we can trust the word of illegal aliens. Furthermore, the state of Mass doing the whims of its oligarchs certainly benefits it.

And you could say the same for a million things government entities do. For some reason, people only seem to rage about it, when it comes to their perceived enemies.

He won't be charged for anything, much like nobody will be charged in the Biden administration for blowing up a family in Afghanistan they claimed were mastermind terrorists behind the Afghan withdrawal attack, to score some desperate political points, which, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't remember you being nearly as mad about, as 50 people getting a stop over at Martha's fucking Vineyard...

Comparing drone striking known terrorists in another country to shipping immigrants under false pretenses to Martha's vineyard is a disingenuous argument. You are basically comparing apples to oranges here.

I agree though that any president who kills children with drone strikes ought to be subject to criminal prosecution. But just because one is bad or worse doesn't make the other inconsequential. Obviously.

And you could say the same for a million things government entities do. For some reason, people only seem to rage about it, when it comes to their perceived enemies.

He won't be charged for anything, much like nobody will be charged in the Biden administration for blowing up a family in Afghanistan they claimed were mastermind terrorists behind the Afghan withdrawal attack, to score some desperate political points, which, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't remember you being nearly as mad about, as 50 people getting a stop over at Martha's fucking Vineyard...
I think it's ALL bullshit. They should ALL be charged. These people need to start being put where they belong. Behind bars. Maybe then they'd understand that we mean business...

Yeah with a median home price of $1.4M Martha’s Vineyard is obviously dominated by service workers. All the famous A listers like Lettermen and Spike Lee that own all the many mansions there obviously aren’t the ones that would push back at the homeless. It’s the service workers!!!!!!!

You crack me up consistently with irrelevant data points that have nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

https://www.mvtimes.com/2022/05/18/marthas-vineyard-median-house-price-climbs/
The median house price doesn't have anything to do with the income of the people who actually live there year round. I'll help you with the reading comprehension bit. 20000 people live there. During their peak season, the number of people on the island can exceed 200,000. If I own a summer house in the Bahamas, it doesn't mean that I live in the Bahamas. And the Bahamians don't become someone else just because I show up for a few weeks a year.

Serious question -- have you never realized this before?

This very issue came up during the pandemic when people ran out to their summer houses and wrecked the local economies when they got there. Why? Because the local economy isn't built for all of those people to be there all the time. It's built to manage the glut for a few months and then return to normal. MV is one such destination.

Honestly, for all the talk about out of touch rich people, this thread shows there's a lot of out of touch non-rich people too when it comes to people in other parts of the country.

Gimmick, that wasn't an official declaration by the Government of Martha's Vineyard or Dukes County. It was some virtue-signaling liberal who doesn't matter. Who has no power or authority. Learn to tell the difference.

You can twist things and rationalize as much as you want, but the Martha's Vineyard issue is simple. It is a bunch of greedy wealthy people who don't want poor and struggling immigrants and refugees around. They have the means to do more than accommodate them for a bit and then bring in the army to get them the hell out of there.

Comparing drone striking known terrorists in another country to shipping immigrants under false pretenses to Martha's vineyard is a disingenuous argument. You are basically comparing apples to oranges here.

You got me. Blowing up innocent families, and lying about who they were to score political points, is FAR worse.

I agree though that any president who kills children with drone strikes ought to be subject to criminal prosecution.

As ugly as it is, collateral damage is just a reality of war. Unfortunately, some children will pay the ultimate price in these stupid games. I don't think there's much a President can do about that. That is not what happened with that particular drone strike, though. That was nothing more than blowing up some people and then dishonestly claiming they were the big bads behind the attack that had just occurred, to try to score some political points after a complete clusterfuck of a withdrawal. They killed people for headlines.

But just because one is bad or worse doesn't make the other inconsequential. Obviously.

I think this stunt is pretty inconsequential. 50 people, who were what? Shipped out to Martha's Vineyard for a day? I'm sure it was the hardest part of their journey by far...

You can twist things and rationalize as much as you want, but the Martha's Vineyard issue is simple. It is a bunch of greedy wealthy people who don't want poor and struggling immigrants and refugees around. They have the means to do more than accommodate them for a bit and then bring in the army to get them the hell out of there.
There are struggling poor people and immigrants living full time in Martha's Vineyard already. It's fine, but they have to go somewhere else to be processed first. And yes they want them around for certain purposes like cleaning their homes, serving them meals, giving them "massages", etc. :)

You got me. Blowing up innocent families, and lying about who they were to score political points, is FAR worse.

As ugly as it is, collateral damage is just a reality of war. Unfortunately, some children will pay the ultimate price in these stupid games. I don't think there's much a President can do about that. That is not what happened with that particular drone strike, though. That was nothing more than blowing up some people and then dishonestly claiming they were the big bads behind the attack that had just occurred, to try to score some political points after a complete clusterfuck of a withdrawal. They killed people for headlines.

I think this stunt is pretty inconsequential. 50 people, who were what? Shipped out to Martha's Vineyard for a day? I'm sure it was the hardest part of their journey by far...

we already said the two comparisons were so different that they cant really be used as comparisons. you didn't do anything to dispute that. in fact your addition makes it even more puzzling that you would compare them at all.

if you think lying to and displacing 50 people to use them as political fodder is inconsequential you are just a bad person. its lucky they found so many good people on the other side of the political theater that can place them in the right region to be processed legally into the country.

There are struggling poor people and immigrants living full time in Martha's Vineyard already. It's fine, but they have to go somewhere else to be processed first. And yes they want them around for certain purposes like cleaning their homes, serving them meals, giving them "massages", etc. :)

I'm sure the wealthy of the Martha's Vineyard community will be welcoming all of the immigrants back as soon as they are processed.

do you think the residents of marthas vineyard should keep them around until they miss court dates for being processed into the country then?

I'm sure the Martha's Vineyard community will be welcoming all of the immigrants back as soon as they are processed.
Why not? Wouldn't be the first time. But there are more Portuguese speakers than Spanish speakers there. And jobs are mainly seasonal. They'd likely be better off in Boston or South Florida...

do you think the residents of marthas vineyard should keep them around until they miss court dates for being processed into the country then?

They should let them get properly processed, welcome them back and help them by any means necessary. From my understanding, the main concern of the kind hearted Martha Vineyard community is that the immigrants will not be processed properly. There shouldn't be any issue once they are processed.

I liked this part the best. You arent sure we can trust the words of an immigrant, but the word of a politician is surely true.?

<mma4>
*illegals. And yes, I trust a governor, who will cover his ass, more than a felon who will say anything if it gives him/her any advantage.
<{jackyeah}>

They should let them get properly processed and then welcome them back.

but that isn't what you said.... and it hasn't NOT happened yet either so what is your point exactly? the only shit thing we have seen for sure was sending them to a location where they cannot get processed of find work either for political theater.

we already said the two comparisons were so different that they cant really be used as comparisons. you didn't do anything to dispute that. in fact your addition makes it even more puzzling that you would compare them at all.

I'm comparing the disproportionate level of outrage, by the oh' so humanitarian left. Not the incidents. It seems to me that the left are far more outraged at this little nothing, than they were with the Biden administration blowing up an innocent family for headlines. I mean, maybe I'm just forgetful, but I don't recall any of the lefties in this thread calling for DeSantis' head, calling for any charges over the Biden administration literally killing an innocent family for headlines.

if you think lying to and displacing 50 people to use them as political fodder is inconsequential you are just a bad person.

That's adorable. You work those selective feels, bro. You good person, you.

The median house price doesn't have anything to do with the income of the people who actually live there year round. I'll help you with the reading comprehension bit. 20000 people live there. During their peak season, the number of people on the island can exceed 200,000. If I own a summer house in the Bahamas, it doesn't mean that I live in the Bahamas. And the Bahamians don't become someone else just because I show up for a few weeks a year.

Serious question -- have you never realized this before?

This very issue came up during the pandemic when people ran out to their summer houses and wrecked the local economies when they got there. Why? Because the local economy isn't built for all of those people to be there all the time. It's built to manage the glut for a few months and then return to normal. MV is one such destination.

Honestly, for all the talk about out of touch rich people, this thread shows there's a lot of out of touch non-rich people too when it comes to people in other parts of the country.
Reading comprehension is the route you are going? More like you can’t fix stupid. Since the thread is about homeless being shuttled to ultra affluent areas nobody gives a shit about the lower income regulars that live there.

The median income in Aspen Colorado is even lower despite the most expensive entry priced homes in the country. The fact homeless don’t roam freely in Aspen has everything to do with the elites and not the service workers that derive their income from the city.

You never fail to double down when you go full retard and fail to argue the topic at hand. Here’s a tip if you want to excel at life, stop digging when the hole gets noticeable…

Last edited:

So your take away this event is that the MV residents didn't do enough?

Doesn't matter to you what BS the asylum seeks were put through? Doesn't matter that Florida paid 12k per immigrant from Texas to pull this crap off? Doesn't matter the people were straight up lied to by people working for the government?

What would you have said if Florida gave each of the asylum seekers 12k of tax payor money to get going in the US?

Back