Ronda must be salty about how the Holm/Harrison fight went

Well yeah Kayla is obvs much bigger and stronger than Ronda...but also Holly fought dumb in this fight and Kayla was also better in the standup than Ronda. It might have been a tougher fight if Holly was younger and moved her feet, used angles etc.
At 43 she wasn't able to move like she used too. That why she has implemented the press against the cage strategy

At 43 she wasn't able to move like she used too. That why she has implemented the press against the cage strategy
That I get, and she IS strong, but against Kayla its suicide.

But had she actively tried to grapple Ronda back then there's an incredibly high likelyhood of her being subbed. Ronda was doing it to everyone who would engage in grappling her. Think of how confident Tate and Zingano were going into their fights.
She took Ronda down

That I get, and she IS strong, but against Kayla its suicide.
Yeah, it was the dumbest fucking strategy ever honestly. But I understand why she implemented it. She is washed up and it's the only way she can fight now. Kinda like couture towards the end

Reactions: HHJ
Ronda’s takedown got stuffed, she got controlled in the clinch, tossed around trying to clinch and Holm took her down. Ronda ran into resistance in the same situations Kayla ran Holm over. Ronda physically had issues with Holm and Kayla ran her over. Looking at Kayla and Ronda it’s clear who is more physical. That being said sure Holm is older now. But honestly Kayla probably in her current form grounds and pounds that Holm also.
No, because Holly had better movement 9 yrs ago. It's had to move and counter strike the same at 43 compared to 33.

She looked old and very slow in there unfortunately.

You just cannot compare the two fights. Only comparison is holly fought another Judo fighter.

Reactions: lsa
Harrison has a legit MMA team and coach behind her. I haven't followed her MMA career, but judging by her highlight reel, they brought her up through the ranks.

Ronda had a fraud of an MMA coach, fought a bunch of soccer moms until getting her jaw broken and had to eat through a straw for 8 months.
Harrison´s PFL diet until Pacheco loss (they have fought more than once) wasnt that much better, at least Ronda fought them at their own weight class, and she does have way more legit camp in ATT.

Reactions: HHJ
Ronda had a fraud of an MMA coach, fought a bunch of soccer moms until getting her jaw broken and had to eat through a straw for 8 months.

And what, you think Kayla has been fighting better girls than Ronda was? lol no.

Kayla has fought almost all cans in PFL. Her best wins are Mokn, who is okay; Ladd, who is shit and couldn't cut it in the UFC; and Larissa, who got finished twice in the UFC, cut, then tried to come back through TUF and got KOd in 1 round by Macy Chiasson of all people.

And Kayla wasn't able to finish any of those 3 girls and even lost to Larissa in their last fight.

And there's 8 girls on Kayla's resume who either don't have winning records, barely have a winning record, or who have fuck all fights.

I was never a fan of her, but Prime Ronda would have run right through Larissa and Ladd lol.

If Ronda was fighting soccer moms then what the fuck has Kayla been fighting?

Ronda literally whines about everything so you're probably right.

Holly also said it was a bad night, they had a game plan and for whatever reason she didn't follow it at all.

Its not just about being taken down, you get a solid judoka on top of you and it is extremely difficult to escape, let alone a 2x Olympic gold medalist.

The revisionist history in this thread is amazing.

Ronda tried to punch Holly, hit nothing but air, got exhausted and then kicked in the head.

Ronda didnt watch and that fight, and she barked at anyone who asked her about it.

Honda Housy vs Kayla would be interesting.

Man.... i forgot all about that.

She failed Several take down attempts.
I just popped the fight on now. A quick breakdown of takedowns:
1st round: Ronda tried and succeeds on a throw, eventually letting Holly up. Late in the round, she grabs a headlock and Holly picks her up.

Round 2: No takedown attempts. Ronda gets knocked out early.

That was terrible fight IQ from Holm in round one. I thought age made you smarter not dumber. Sometimes fear is a good thing, it prevents you from making stupid decisions in fights.
She's probably living vicariously through her

Back