Ronda must be salty about how the Holm/Harrison fight went

looking right for the takedown. Earlier in Rousey's career she looked to do that more often, latter on it was mostly looking for strikes, she would take the opportunity for a takedown if it was offered but she wasnt nearly as focused on it anymore.
And how did that work out

Stray Cat Zingano should have been the one to beat Ronda, but she chose the most braindead strategy that played into Ronda's strength. Plus, Zingano was basically mentally/emotionally ill to the point that she shouldn't have been fighting.

i agree on the rest but not on Zingano, whose best moment in hindsigh was surviving against Nunes until she gassed.
never sold about Cat: she wasn't the one to expose Ronda, precise strikers like Holly or brick handed ones like Nunes were the ones.

And how did that work out
Not very well I'd agree.

I can kind of see how it came about, Rousey fought a few grapplers like Sarah McMann were it looked they might potentially be able to avoid the ground with her. That they had limited striking ability meant that Rousey becoming an aggressive brawler worked quite well for awhile and if anything built up her hype even more as she wasnt just subing people fast but also TKOing them.

I don't think Holm would have been an easy fight for her at any point but with Rousey mostly a sloppy brawler it suddenly became a really bad match which could have ended before it did if Rousey wasnt pretty tough.

Ronda fought a much better version of holly. Holly is about to be 43 years old, way past her prime and just washed up now. I’m no Ronda fan but it’s unfair to compare both fights
Kayla is also much, much bigger than Rhonda (muscle wise).

i agree on the rest but not on Zingano, whose best moment in hindsigh was surviving against Nunes until she gassed.
never sold about Cat: she wasn't the one to expose Ronda, precise strikers like Holly or brick handed ones like Nunes were the ones.

Yeah, it's debatable. At the very least, a smart Cat that wasn't emotionally traumatized to the point of hallucinating a secret agreement for them to put on an "epic" fight based on a 5-second hallway encounter would have given Ronda something other than a gimme fight. We know now that you need to do light-moderate/moderate damage while surviving Rousey's first armbar attempt (Holly) or hit her with a brick early (Nunes) to beat her. Even if a "better" Cat lost, I think it would have at least been an improved version of R. Honda/Tate 2. More damage to Rousey, lasting at least another round, etc.. It would have shown cracks in her armor for other fighters to take advantage of if we assume different future opponents or at least helped Betch if opponents stayed the same in this scenario.

Ronda came off as one fucking salty individual way before that fight occurred.

That first round has one fench clinch from Rousey and one reversal in a clinch which ends up with her attempting an armbar on Holms back. Again as I said watch the fight and I think its pretty clear Rousey is not focused mostly on grappling, she's trying to KO Holm, loading up on punches and not looking to push in for a takedown behind them.

Look at the start of the second round with Harrison and you see the obvious difference, she backs Holm up with a series of strikes then is looking right for the takedown. Earlier in Rousey's career she looked to do that more often, latter on it was mostly looking for strikes, she would take the opportunity for a takedown if it was offered but she wasnt nearly as focused on it anymore.
Kayla has a good balst double & snatch single leg. The only other women who ever had these in her toolkit at 135 is McMann, and Marina Mokhntkina (and she only has the double leg) at 145. it’s a very rare skill set at 135 or above. I think that is what really sets Kayla apart from Ronda.

Reactions: HHJ
The salt came way before this fight. It's like a person she mentored or big "brother" and that person took the Olympic gold twice.

Ronda’s takedown got stuffed, she got controlled in the clinch, tossed around trying to clinch and Holm took her down. Ronda ran into resistance in the same situations Kayla ran Holm over. Ronda physically had issues with Holm and Kayla ran her over. Looking at Kayla and Ronda it’s clear who is more physical. That being said sure Holm is older now. But honestly Kayla probably in her current form grounds and pounds that Holm also.
to be fair, kayla is like 35 pounds heavier than ronda.

Reactions: HHJ
That worked because Holm physically was able to create separation from Ronda. It basically played out similar (Ronda and Kayla) trying to grab hold of and control Holm. Against Ronda Holm physically won and was able to basically turn it into a striking fight. She tried against Kayla and just couldn’t shake her to even get there.

It’s not like Holm didn’t lose 4/6 fights after beating Ronda while still in her prime. I still can’t see that Holm being able to physically create the separation against Kayla the way she did with Ronda. The pressure, wrestling, level changing and striking Kayla has vs Ronda’s upright bobble head attempts to clinch to throw and her erect boxing style are night and day. I think way more to it than just Holm being old now. Holm was highly beatable after Ronda and lost more fights than she won after winning the title while still in her prime.

Also Holm only has 1 finish in the UFC and it was Ronda. I highly doubt she’s going to throw single pot shots being super predictable making her ‘ish striking noises with her mouth and beat Kayla by boring ass sparring decision.

Holm did finish Bethe too. Not that it changes what you said but Ronda wasn't her only finish

Ronda fought a much better version of holly. Holly is about to be 43 years old, way past her prime and just washed up now. I’m no Ronda fan but it’s unfair to compare both fights
This. She actually took Kayla down for a second which impressed me. And she's way out of her prime.

If she has a problem with it, i'd be more than happy for her to come back and fight Kayla <{jackyeah}>

Yep, only Rounda would be arrogant enough to think her judo is just as good, if not better than Kayla's

She’s always salty about everything lol

I know nothing of the current situation, but I can say that I've seen some of Logan Paul's wrestling and he's actually really impressive.

I don't think I've seen Ronda wrestle but I've heard she wasn't great. And the fans hated her. Lol

Ronda doesn’t seem like the happiest person for sure , but I don’t think she’s that bothered that another Judoka submitted Holy Holm’s corpse

Why do people even try painting Ronda as a nice person? I'm no gynecologist, but I sure recognize a cunt when I see one.

She didn't "just" let success go to her head, and I'm 100% sure she was a total bitch before she even appeared in the UFC. Holm did the MMA world a favour... finally got Ronda to shut the fuck up.

Nunes ended Rousey's career in regal fashion. Both Holm and Nunes should be in MMA Hall Of Fame for those two reasons alone.

Holm losing to Kayla was pretty much a foregone conclusion. The UFC used Holm to put Kayla over, and to me, it seems a lot like the Jones vs. Stipe fight. That isn't meant as an insult towards Holm either, but Father Time wasn't and isn't going to be doing Holm any more favours. And I am not trying to take anything away from Kayla either, she's simply the superior fighter now, but Holly should have wrapped it up a few years ago. I think even prime Holm would have had a lot of difficulty with Kayla.

How do you pull off a work that doesn't risk your actor making it look like a work? You tell them to go as hard as they can, & try their best to win... but you have to fight them only at the opponent's specialty.

That said, it was so idiotic for her to grapple, that it's almost blaringly obvious some fuckery was in play.

Honestly I think Harrison is just a better more well rounded Ronda.

Better Judo, better wrestling, slightly better striking, definitely better physicality.

Ronda’s armbar however is basically as good of a armbar as you’ll ever see in mma though.

Back